Author Topic: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor  (Read 27762 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor
« Reply #45 on: October 1, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Cool, but not $50.00 cool... I'll probably instead invest in another all new AT-ST at Walmart.

Great pics by the way.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 1, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Cool, but not $50.00 cool... I'll probably instead invest in another all new AT-ST at Walmart.

Great pics by the way.

What he said.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: October 1, 2009, 04:57 PM »
I bought one today at lunch.  I've been saving my Clone Cash coupons for these type of things (Wedge X-Wing, Octuptarra, etc) and getting the Commander Ponds freebie helped too.  $45 plus tax for the TIE + Ponds isn't a terrible deal...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 1, 2009, 05:43 PM »
It looks very nice. I just might pick this one up if I have enough cash left after my two AT-STs.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 2, 2009, 10:10 AM »
I'll probably instead invest in another all new AT-ST at Walmart.

Great pics by the way.

What he said.

I just might pick this one up if I have enough cash left after my two AT-STs.

Is everyone getting two chicken walkers?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 2, 2009, 11:19 AM »

I'm in the club.  The AT-ST is one of my favorite vehicles from the OT.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 2, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Well actually I'd like to have at least 2 for an Endor diorama, maybe 3. Plus, I'd like another for Hoth. But that one isn't totally necessary.

So def 2, maybe 3.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 2, 2009, 02:17 PM »
I'm thinking 3-4 of the AT-STs for my collection. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 2, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I'll probably instead invest in another all new AT-ST at Walmart.

Great pics by the way.

What he said.

I just might pick this one up if I have enough cash left after my two AT-STs.

I'm hoping for 4, as that's a "column" in my little EU world, and I'd like to see them marching along with mechanized infantry running alongside.  Love the AT-ST.  There's a slight chance I'll consider more as well, to possibly customize to some extent.  I'd kind of like to make the specific one that gets hijacked on Endor, but part of me thinks it's a possible repaint anyway.

I considered a "Hoth deco" one too, but to make it really accurate it's going to require intense customizing, as that's pretty much a completely different model of walker in every way...  besides having 2 legs of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 2, 2009, 04:09 PM »
I considered a "Hoth deco" one too, but to make it really accurate it's going to require intense customizing, as that's pretty much a completely different model of walker in every way...  besides having 2 legs of course.

Not to continue derailing this thread, but how is the Hoth AT-ST different from the Endor one?  Thought they were both the same.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: October 3, 2009, 03:04 AM »
The models are completely different between the two films, actually.  The ESB walker appears a bit taller (higher up an AT-AT's legs than the Endor model would be), sleaker, and its "chin guns" were significantly longer actually, than the ROTJ model.  The biggest difference is in the length of the cockpit "head" from front to back.  It's a bit longer (sort of giving it a more sleak appearance) than the ROTJ model which is a tad more squat.

Ultimately the model makers intended them to be the same I'm sure, but the models were different by the time ROTJ's filming started.

Not to say a winter deco of the new sculpt wouldn't look cool and I imagine it'll happen at some point, but the differences are significant enough to me that I consider them different models.  This one's pretty well based on the ROTJ model all around, save for perhaps the ring around the hatch which isn't right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 3, 2009, 10:02 AM »
Ah, here is where I am on the Hoth Version of the AT-ST.... it is like the Panzer IV in WWII... you had model F2 and Model G/H and Model J (which seemed to be a de-evolvion) all in the same theater of operations.

So the 2 ATST's could easily have been on Hoth..the problem is Canon tells us only one did.

My question is, how many intereceptors were at Hoth...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 3, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Not to sidetrack the Interceptor thread, but I am getting two minimum - for this round. I'm sure this will be released again and I plan on picking one up every time it's re-released.

As for the Interceptor, I picked one up yesterday. Very nice update. I don't think we can ask for more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: October 3, 2009, 03:22 PM »
My question is, how many intereceptors were at Hoth...

Depends on what EU you like. :)

Some EU says the Interceptor wasn't developed till post-Hoth, some EU says Interceptors were around prior to ANH...  It's all in what you like.  I go with the latter myself.

I was thinking similarly to the Panzer notion on AT-ST's as well...  There's a lot of upgrades or variants of the AT-ST because it's the armor workhorse.  That's how I like to think of it.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2009, 08:35 AM »
didn't noticed that the TRU TI Pilot is the same figure that come in the IP Evolution 3 pk until I bought one last night & compared it with my reg Tie Pilots.

So if you want to make a squad of Tie Pilot Ace's get the evolution packs.

BTW: I dont know why my previous post was deleted, it had nothing wrong in it & was on topic.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2009, 04:14 PM by Theta 288 »