Author Topic: TRU "Crumb Bomber" Republic Gunship  (Read 21937 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Crumb Bomber" Republic Gunship
« Reply #45 on: October 1, 2009, 01:06 PM »
They also replaced the big Star Wars display at my local TRUs, moving the items back to the regular Star Wars section.  I was OK with that as apart from the Imperial V-Wing, there was never anything new at the big display and it was always picked over. When my stores reset, they put out the new items, including the said gunship 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 1, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that our local TRU was changing up the front display yesterday as well (changing to Disney Princesses, our daughter should love that).  I was surprised that the CW one was so short-lived, it seemed like they had just put that up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 1, 2009, 01:31 PM »
My TRU front end display was all Snow White - unless I just wasn't paying close enough attention....They're really starting to burn through those huge displays.  What's funny is that nothing from the front of the store made it back to the regular aisle - not that there was much up there to begin with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 7, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Finally picked this bad boy up today...TRU had 2 ON TOP (that's right, ON TOP) of the action figures aisle. I had to ask one of the drones to grab a ladder so I could actually get it down and buy it. Awesome product placement!

I was unpleasantly surprised when I got up to the checkout to pay for it as I had expected it to be $50. Rang up for $73 with tax! (I realize now I must have been thinking of the Interceptor)

Anyway, I have everything out now, in retail, anyway.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Ordered this online a couple of weeks ago, and got it last week. I got a 20% off code for TRU, for it was only $55 or so. Tolerable but still expensive.

Regarding the ship, it's very cool looking to be sure. The longer doors add to the accuracy of the model, and the opening hatches near the cockpit are nice touches. The extra missile launchers are awesome, and it's cool that the rockets under the wings are extra ammunition for the launchers. The Salacious Crumb nose art definitely makes the ship.

Now, do I want to see this again? No. I hope Hasbro drops these new changes for future RGS releases, unless they make a totally new sculpt. It's not so much the "extra firepower" or the side doors that I dislike, but rather the elongated troop bay doors. You can't fit as many figures in the ship, and it's much harder to place them in the toy. Plus, you can't see any of the toys you put in. The worst mistake made by Hasbro on this Gunship is the inability of the Geonosis Assault turrets to connect while the doors are closed. Just a simple gap in the plastic on each door would have been a great improvement.

This is a cool ship, but hasbro did more to hurt the playability than help it. The longer doors seem about as smart as gluing down the main hatch to the AT-TE, or sealing up one of the main doors on the Turbo Tank. You can still put toys in the ship, it would just be a lot more difficult.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31 PM »
I saw this vehicle for the first time at a local TRU today, and it felt heavier than I remember the other gunships to be.  I was surprised to see on the packaging the extra missile launchers Greg referred to above.  I don't remember any indication of that in the initial pics we saw (or may be I'm just getting old).  Either way, I thought that was as cool of a feature as the elongated doors.  It would have been nice to see the new mold in all it's glory out of the box, but I'll be patient.  I'll definitely pick it up later down the line.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2009, 01:32 AM »
I saw this vehicle for the first time at a local TRU today, and it felt heavier than I remember the other gunships to be.  I was surprised to see on the packaging the extra missile launchers Greg referred to above.  I don't remember any indication of that in the initial pics we saw (or may be I'm just getting old).  Either way, I thought that was as cool of a feature as the elongated doors.  It would have been nice to see the new mold in all it's glory out of the box, but I'll be patient.  I'll definitely pick it up later down the line.

Looks like you're in luck. This (and the Turbo Tank) will be on sale for $20 off starting on Nov 1.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2009, 10:04 AM »
I finally saw this in store as well. Tempting with the doors, but even with the sale, I can pass.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I'll probably bite at $50.  Probably going to be my last Gunship though.  Wish I wouldn't have bought the Turbo Tank right away back in the day, but oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I'll probably bite at $50.  Probably going to be my last Gunship though.  Wish I wouldn't have bought the Turbo Tank right away back in the day, but oh well.

I plan on buying another Crumb Bomber and returning it with my $70 receipt. $20 is worth it on principle, I am try to go up to the register to save the time but if they give me grief I will do it right in front of them. TRU is usually pretty cool about this stuff.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Yeah, this pisses me off a little. I JUST bought the damn thing and now you're knocking $20 off it? Way to dis-incent people to buy product hot off the trucks.

Thank God they don't have any more exclusives coming out this year. With their abysmal recent history of sticking new figs, BP's, etc, I think I can scratch TRU off my list entirely til 2010.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Yeah, this pisses me off a little. I JUST bought the damn thing and now you're knocking $20 off it? Way to dis-incent people to buy product hot off the trucks.

Thank God they don't have any more exclusives coming out this year. With their abysmal recent history of sticking new figs, BP's, etc, I think I can scratch TRU off my list entirely til 2010.

You can get a price adjustment or buy another one and return it with your original receipt.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Isn't TRU a max of 45 days for a return or price adjustment?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00 PM »

Looks like you're in luck. This (and the Turbo Tank) will be on sale for $20 off starting on Nov 1.

Thanks for the heads up Jayson!  I'll probably pick up the Gunship at the sale price.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 02:05 AM »
Yup, thanks for the heads up Jayson.  I got the TRU Big Book catalog today in the mail, and it came with a $10 off $100 coupon and the advertisement for the $50 Gunship and $80 Turbo Tank on page 48a.  The sale prices are valid from 11/1-11/26.