Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62416 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46 AM »
I love my team.  I'm a little worried about depth, but I love the first 5 picks.  I had an eye on several TE's who were all taken right before I picked, so I went boom or bust with Shockey.  That's my biggest concern so far.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Off to a great start...  >:(

Roy Williams Breaks Collarbone, Likely Out 6-8 Weeks

EDIT:  Story updated... conflicting sources one saying x-rays are negative, the other saying it's definitely broken.  Go figure.

Maybe no break...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/incomplete-diagnosis-for-roy-williams/

Still though... eff.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:09 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2009, 02:40 AM »
I love my team.  I'm a little worried about depth, but I love the first 5 picks.  I had an eye on several TE's who were all taken right before I picked, so I went boom or bust with Shockey.  That's my biggest concern so far.

I take it Shockey is no longer your biggest concern?    :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2009, 03:22 AM »

I take it Shockey is no longer your biggest concern?    :-X

Why would a tight end who is hurt every game and hasn't been good for 5 years concern his owner?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 03:27 AM »
I'm still concerned about Shockey.  I'm slightly less concerned about Williams than I was two hours ago:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/082809dnsporoybreakout.121fbcc69.html

The initial fears were that Williams suffered a more serious injury after colliding with cornerback Orlando Scandrick. But Williams confirmed via text message that X-rays were negative.

Depending on how bruised up he is I could still see him missing games... and it doesn't help losing practice time with Romo. 

For the record, I think Shockey finally learns to stay healthy for one year.   :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2009, 11:20 AM »

For the record, I think Shockey finally learns to stay healthy for one year.   :-X

We put a man on the moon, I suppose anything is possible.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50 AM »
I know it's a reach... I was looking for Jason Witten or Tony Gonzalez in the 5th but both were drafted a few picks before, so I went Roy Williams...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I know it's a reach... I was looking for Jason Witten or Tony Gonzalez in the 5th but both were drafted a few picks before, so I went Roy Williams...

I accidentally drafted Roy Williams over Calvin Johnson last year and now I've sworn off Roy Williams for life.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Yeah with the trade and the Lions sucking Williams was a tough one last year.  My hope was that he'd step in and be TO now that TO's gone elsewhere and if he even comes close he's great value in the 5th.  It might yet happen, but a nasty injury early in the year worries me. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Yeah with the trade and the Lions sucking Williams was a tough one last year.  My hope was that he'd step in and be TO now that TO's gone elsewhere and if he even comes close he's great value in the 5th.  It might yet happen, but a nasty injury early in the year worries me. 

It seems like the Cowboys did absolutely nothing with Roy Williams once they got him last year.  I couldn't believe it.  Until I see otherwise, I'm going to assume that Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin will be used as much as Roy Williams.  Not to mention Jason Witten is in the mix.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31 PM »
I have to think that the whole point of getting Williams here was that they knew they were moving on without TO.  Why they used him so little is beyond me.  This year he's low risk / high reward when you figure he's the #1 WR (theoretically) on a Cowboys team that should be strong offensively.  Luckily the report now is that it's just a bruise, and he might miss one preseason game and then be back in action.

In round 5, it was either him or Chad Johnson... we'll see if I made the right call eventually.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37 PM »
I have to think that the whole point of getting Williams here was that they knew they were moving on without TO.  Why they used him so little is beyond me.  This year he's low risk / high reward when you figure he's the #1 WR (theoretically) on a Cowboys team that should be strong offensively.  Luckily the report now is that it's just a bruise, and he might miss one preseason game and then be back in action.

In round 5, it was either him or Chad Johnson Ochocinco... we'll see if I made the right call eventually.

Fixed.

::)

:P

"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Another stellar start to my fantasy football season for my #2 WR:

The season's first ruinous injury may belong to Indianapolis receiver Anthony Gonzalez(notes). He went down without contact in the first quarter against the Jaguars -- just took a single step, then hit the turf. Gonzalez couldn't put any weight on his right leg

Gosh, that sounds strangely familiar.  Nate Burleson circa 2008.  Running down the field, no contact, can't put any weight on his leg.  Burleson = torn ACL = gone for season.  Gonzalez = ?

(not that it mattered by the looks of things, but still)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I am playing against Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and the Eagles D this week in another league...that is an ugly way to start the season.

Drew Brees though has been lighting Brent up all day >:D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I am playing against Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and the Eagles D this week in another league...that is an ugly way to start the season.

Drew Brees though has been lighting Brent up all day >:D

How does someone in your league have Brees and Peterson?  Is it a 4-team league?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today