Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62544 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2009, 10:12 AM »
In awe?

Let's see.... lost Gore on first play of game; TO goes without a reception for the first time in 190 games (or so) and Shiancoe continues to suck.  Three guys put up basically zero and you only win by 20?  It was a good match, but I'm hardly devastated by the loss.  :-*

Don't be bitter - I'm just razzing you.   ;)  How many points would you like me to have won by?  Cripes, I do have the second highest behind Jay at this point.  You also had excessive scores from Cutler and Mason to pad your score in the other direction - makes me feel better about scoring with J. Knox this week.   ;D  I tell you what, you can have the projected points from Owens, Gore, and Shiancoe for this week.  Add those up and ...whoops you still lose.  Better luck next week Brent (and I seriously hope Gore is not out for long - ouch.)

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2009, 11:29 AM »
JMan is making me look tame.

This is a first.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2009, 12:56 PM »
  You also had excessive scores from Cutler and Mason to pad your score in the other direction -

Uh, look at the predicted scores for Aaron Rodgers and Cedric (gimme a break) Benson for excessive scores for padding.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17 PM »
  You also had excessive scores from Cutler and Mason to pad your score in the other direction -

Uh, look at the predicted scores for Aaron Rodgers and Cedric (gimme a break) Benson for excessive scores for padding.   ;)

See, every time I try to talk about you, you go back to talking about me.  Okay, I agree.  My team is rock solid.   :-*
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Only in your dreams.  You sound exactly like you did last year and every time I go and look at the standings from last year, I can't find your name in the playoffs, even on the consolation side.  That's gotta sting.   :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Only in your dreams.  You sound exactly like you did last year and every time I go and look at the standings from last year, I can't find your name in the playoffs, even on the consolation side.  That's gotta sting.   :)

How did I sound the same as last year?  It was kind of hard to brag last year when I was losing left and right.  McGahee killed me - if I recall I lost 7 of my first 9 games despite having Warner, Forte, and R. Moss.   :-X

Of course, I've already hit my week #9 win total, so it's nothing but upside from here on out.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2009, 02:41 PM »
How did I sound the same as last year? 

Between Matt Forte and R. Moss, I've got about 40 TDs coming your way, so unless I decide to bench the rest of my squad, you'd better be planning on second place or worse this year. 

Not much for reading old threads?   ;) 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2009, 02:52 PM »

Between Matt Forte and R. Moss, I've got about 40 TDs coming your way, so unless I decide to bench the rest of my squad, you'd better be planning on second place or worse this year. 

Hrmm - that forecast was a bit off.  Not really relatable to anything current though.  You DO realize that the fun part of fantasy football is smack talk, right?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Yes, I do realize that.  That would be why I'm chirping back rather than just letting you say whatever you want.   :-*

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Yes, I do realize that.  That would be why I'm chirping back rather than just letting you say whatever you want.   :-*

Ah, well maybe you should spend that valuable time researching week #4 pick ups Mr. 1-2.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02 PM »
I'll be just fine, but thank you for your concern.  I'm just having a hard time figuring out which QB feast I want in on: Palmer up against the Browns or Palmer munching on the Lions. Decisions, decisions. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14 PM »
I'll be just fine, but thank you for your concern.  I'm just having a hard time figuring out which QB feast I want in on: Palmer up against the Browns or Palmer munching on the Lions. Decisions, decisions. 

I would take Palmer against the Browns, seeing as how Palmer isn't playing the Lions.

Just a free tip from me to you.   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Sigh.  Cutler.  Mea Culpa.  Either way, Palmer or Cutler, tough call. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Sigh.  Cutler.  Mea Culpa.  Either way, Palmer or Cutler, tough call. 

Detroit actually did an okay job holding back Washington this week - Cleveland can't seem to stop anyone.  My only fear with Palmer is that the Bungles get ahead early and just run run run with Benson.  Of course, I benched Palmer in a couple of leagues week #2 and it cost me big (3 Passing TDs, 1 Rushing TD).  Any news on Forte's status?  I'm not sure if him being injured helps or hurts Cutler's stats at this point.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2009, 04:18 PM »

Okay, here's some super-fun smack talk for JMan:

Take it from someone who's been in the last 3 consecutive JD super bowls - JMan's squad is currently outperforming themselves, and the bubble will pop.  The best 6 rosters, despite what the scoreboard says after 3 games, are Rob's, Bug's, mine, Ruiner's, Ryan's, and JayDouble's.

That's not to say I don't think JMan can grab a lower seed 5-8th and rattle off 3 wins in the playoffs, anyone's team is capable of doing that.

But I'm not about to sit here and listen to JMan regard himself as some kind of juggernaut.  His roster has 7th to 10th place talent, and these things sometimes don't bubble to the surface after only 3 games.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda