Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62550 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Yes...if a player is cut he is on waivers for 4 or 5 days.  After that time he is a free agent.

Anyone can pick up free agents at any time without a waiver change
Aynone can make a waiver claim on a player on waivers and only then does your waiver rank change

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Yes...if a player is cut he is on waivers for 4 or 5 days.  After that time he is a free agent.

Anyone can pick up free agents at any time without a waiver change
Aynone can make a waiver claim on a player on waivers and only then does your waiver rank change

******' waivers...

I screwed up on Beanie Wells.  I drafted him I think in the 5th, waited and waited and waited, and then the word was he was hurt and wasn't likely to even play... I lost my patience and dumped him for no one important, and the next day he goes off for 70 yards and a TD and is supposedly the starter.  My first serious blunder in awhile.

I'm sure there were 6 waiver claims in for him.   >:(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:22 AM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I know I had one out on him. . .pretty sure SI beat me by one spot.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2009, 12:12 PM »

Rob's fantasy football rule #18:  Never, ever, ever draft Brian Westbrook.  He misses significant time every single year.

Common misconception.

2006: 15 games, 2,000 total yards, 12 total TDs
2007: 15 games, 2,000 total yards, 12 total TDs
2008: 14 games, 1,300 total yards, 14 total TDs

That's 1st round production for 3 consecutive years.  He's not that injury proned, he's pretty solid.  Technically, he was my 2nd rounder.

Anyhow, he might even play this Sunday, we'll see.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2009, 12:38 PM »
I stand corrected.

I still stay away from him.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2009, 12:51 PM »
He is always hurt...the thing is though that he is tough as nails and there were times last year where he would be doubtful all the way until kickoff and then play and have a great game

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2009, 12:57 PM »
I know I had one out on him. . .pretty sure SI beat me by one spot.

Me too. Nice to know that I was several people away from getting him.   ;)

Rob - if it's any consolation, I saw an brief yesterday explaining that Wells only got a bunch of first half carries because Hightower fumbled.  KW liked the way he was running, so he played most of the second half as well.  However, Hightower remains the starter.  I think coaches often use these opportunities to send a message to both players and hopefully get better play out both.

As for Westbrook, he has had great stats over the years, which is why I just couldn't let him go past me in the third round.  When he does play and is at full strength, he has a chance to be RB of the week.  That said, the stats are deceiving as he left some of those games he played in the past few years and was questionable prior to playing in others. The stats will show that he played Week #7 this year too.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2009, 02:21 PM »
I blame Brent for his troubles.

Ironically enough, Westbrook was my first round choice last year.  The Curse carries on apparently whether I own that player or not.  Ugh. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2009, 02:39 PM »
He is always hurt...the thing is though that he is tough as nails and there were times last year where he would be doubtful all the way until kickoff and then play and have a great game

Gruden wanted to draft Westbrook in the third round for the Bucs... Rich McKay drafted Marquise Walker instead.  A WR who flopped and is long since out of the league.   ::)

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2009, 08:17 PM »

******' waivers...

I screwed up on Beanie Wells.  I drafted him I think in the 5th, waited and waited and waited, and then the word was he was hurt and wasn't likely to even play... I lost my patience and dumped him for no one important, and the next day he goes off for 70 yards and a TD and is supposedly the starter.  My first serious blunder in awhile.

I'm sure there were 6 waiver claims in for him.   >:(

And I appreciate you dropping him, Rob. :) Sad thing is that he may be my best play out of all of the horrible RB crew that I currently own.

P.S. Anyone looking for an extra WR that has a RB to spare (productive enough to be a better play than Jamal Lewis), LMK.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2009, 04:03 AM »
And I appreciate you dropping him, Rob. :) Sad thing is that he may be my best play out of all of the horrible RB crew that I currently own.

P.S. Anyone looking for an extra WR that has a RB to spare (productive enough to be a better play than Jamal Lewis), LMK.

I need a WR.... you already got my spare RB though.    :P  If you see anything you like on my roster make an offer.  I'd take Welker or Johnson... C. Johnson, Buckhalter... C. Williams and others could be available if the deal is right - I don't consider any of my players to be off limits.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:06 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 1, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Nice game this week Cranes.  You got hosed with that Slaton injury, especially since his backup Moats had a field day.  Better luck next week!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 9, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Good game Rob - I thought for sure you were going to take it after that Celek TD last night.  68 to 65 is brutal.

Dressel - this is what, the fifth week at #1?  You going to put me in your top 6 yet?   ;D

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 9, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Good game Rob - I thought for sure you were going to take it after that Celek TD last night.  68 to 65 is brutal.

Yeah... I had a few more bad bounces this week... Brandon Jacobs stopped on the 1 and the Giants holding penalty took them back to the 15...  Starting Calvin Johnson instead of Holmes... I could have made it two points closer by starting Cadillac (I would have lost by 0.02)... bad decisions cost me a close one.  Oh well.  It's just not my year I guess.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 10:24 AM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 9, 2009, 12:41 PM »

Yeah... I had a few more bad bounces this week... Brandon Jacobs stopped on the 1 and the Giants holding penalty took them back to the 15...  Starting Calvin Johnson instead of Holmes... I could have made it two points closer by starting Cadillac (I would have lost by 0.02)... bad decisions cost me a close one.  

Tell me about it.  I should have started Cutler instead of Palmer and then I wouldn't be praying for Ward to get H1N1 prior to tonight's game. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.