Author Topic: Display help!  (Read 2552 times)

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Display help!
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:35 AM »
I cant seen to make up my mind about how to display my vintage carded figures. i need some help. right now i removed all of them from the wall. should i put them by movie, cardback movie, alliance"rebel,empire,hunter, or jabas denizens.i have also had them by character, all Luke's all Han's. should i separate the trilogos from the US cards if its the same figure.
He's no good to me open

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Display help!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:08 AM »
I have always displayed my vintage figures in release order.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Well 1st of all, are you just rehanging them back on the wall? If so then I would hang them in order. I would even display them in a star case or an Oscar case (sameless plug) to keep the dust & crap off of them.

If you have any display cases from IKEA or what not then you can display them nicley. Some good ideas for display cases can be found in this link from RS.

This link from Corey's collection on RS is what I like. The layout of the figures displayed is just eye candy & easy for people to view, nice & clean.  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I have most of my carded vintage by series (all the SW together, then ESB, etc.).  Within the series I have them grouped by affiliation, so Luke and Leia are next to each other and my AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot, and Snowtrooper are all together. 

However, the far right of my wall is dedicated to the 6 bounty hunters, which breaks that rule as some are ESB and some are ROTJ.  Just after that, I have six different stormtrooper cards because I like seeing the same figure across the different cards/offers/countries.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2009, 03:43 AM »
I had my collection displayed for a few years now and it keeps getting bigger. i was messy and i could never seem to be happy with the display. i have the carded figures in star cases. i got 100 for $100.00 at the SDCC  :) but i have run out and need more. i got 3 responces and all are diffrent all with great points thanks guys. i have them hanging on the wall with clips nailed to the wall. there are two small walls and most of my figures are on ROTJ card to keep costs down.i don't really have room for a display cabinet unless it is a thin design. any more thought will be appreciated...
He's no good to me open