Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84539 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack
« Reply #300 on: June 5, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I agree with you Jack, it's Hasbro's blame if they put out a weak product and it doesn't sell.  Not the consumer. 

The dome itself was nice, as was the Womp Rat and the vaporator.  But that really was about it.  Then they threw in some junk figures and raised the MSRP on it.  If they had just made the Owen and Beru new figures, this set would have probably done fine.

Or, they could have done this instead for the figures -

- VOTC Luke
- TAC Jawa
- two new droids

Or hell, go the route of crispy Owen and Beru as a couple of piles of bones instead of the Womp Rat, and make the set include 2-3 Sandtroopers rather than just one... even make a variant dome with battle damage (burn marks).  I know I would have probably bought both versions then.   :)

Something like this would have made the set much more appealing I think.  Putting in figures that are well over a decade old was a dumb call on their part.

Hopefully this isn't the end of sets like this and they can look at a similar format in the future.  Given how Star Wars is a gold mine for them, if anyone has the resources to make something like this work, it's Hasbro.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 5, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Yeah, I think lowering the price a bit - or improving the figures included - would have greatly helped this set (same could be said of the Sarlacc set).  I can understand having Owen and Beru included, but if they weren't going to be new sculpts it was sort of pointless.  I don't think people liked these figures (the Owen in particular) in their first releases, let alone this many years later with the improvements we've seen in sculpting/paint/articulation.  They could have packed it with VOTC Luke, some Tuskens, more Sandtroopers, Jawas, or something like that and I think it would have been more appealing.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I picked up this set at the local TRU this afternoon.  It was on clearance for $40 minus a 20% off clearance items, so I ended up paying $32 plus tax.  I didn't know until now that inside the homestead was a turquoise table included.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2009, 07:08 PM »
What would have been better is to include young Owen and Breu figures with a re-release Anakin, C-3PO and Padme.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02 PM »
What would have been better is to include young Owen and Breu figures with a re-release Anakin, C-3PO and Padme.

No arguments there at all.  Prequel stuff seems to be more popular these days too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Mine has still been kickin it in the back of my truck since Nov/Dec as with the Target UBP's.  Someday I'll get to see how much this rules or sucks.  I know the figures are all lame outside of the Sandtrooper...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Mine has still been kickin it in the back of my truck since Nov/Dec as with the Target UBP's.  Someday I'll get to see how much this rules or sucks.  I know the figures are all lame outside of the Sandtrooper...

The Womprat is kinda cool with great deco. while he has as much articulation a s a smurf he is neat. I actually have three, two from my sets and one I got in a trade. So I have a nice pack of these things. Despite being a disappointment to many I really like these sets. It goes with my to scale Cantina I just commissioned so I can actually build Mos Eisly.

This set is worth $32, anyone waiting should jump on this.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/