Author Topic: Jabba's Palace Playset anyone? Look...  (Read 2781 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Jabba's Palace Playset anyone? Look...
« on: July 14, 2003, 05:57 AM »
Check out this beauty!   :o  Anyone have $3,500+ for a custom Jabba's Palace playset?!  Sure wish I did!  To give you a sense of how big this really is, it measures approximately 5 ft. in length x 4 ft. wide x 1 ½ ft. high.  Absolutely amazing...

Custom Jabba's Palace

« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 06:00 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Palace Playset anyone? Look...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 05:47 AM »
WOW!  Nice work on the part of the customizer.  The light effects in the POV shot really adds to the atmosphere.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 11:02 AM »
Some of the stuff at Mexi-Con looked pretty sweet too

That is nice but not thousands of dollars nice :-*

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 12:18 PM »
Yep, really nice there.  Something Hasbro will never do.  All we can get is a cardboard diorama.  Sigh.  

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 01:55 PM »
That is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 06:07 PM »
So, how much would you guys be willing to drop on a nice Jabba's Palace playset made by Hasbro, and what would you expect/want it to include?

I think their best bet would be for a modular/connecting type of playset (that goes for the Death Star too), where they give you say the main audience chamber in one set, the dungeon in another set, the entry gate & corridor, the Rancor pit, etc...  If they were done really well, I'd be willing to pay up to $50-$75 (or more) for the bigger sets.  Ah, the possibilities...   8)

BTW, the auction ended at $3,572.   :o  But there were only two guys who were bidding against eachother after it went over $1,400 though...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 06:13 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 06:17 PM »
If Hasbro could make that exact same thing, I would be willing to pay about $1,000 for it.  I might be able to pay more for it if I saw it in person though.
dustrho

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 07:26 PM »
If Hasbro could make that exact same thing, I would be willing to pay about $1,000 for it.  I might be able to pay more for it if I saw it in person though.

Did you actually bid on this one then?  For a grand, you could've at least been in the running for a while on it.

Definitely an absolutely beautiful piece!  Don't just settle for these couple pictures folks, go check them all out.  They're amazing!  I would love to see Hasbro put something more "real" out in terms of a Palace playset, since that cardboard piece of crap just doesn't suffice.  I'd be willing to pay pretty much anything under a hundred bucks for a truly great set.  Not that it would ever happen though.

I just don't see why Hasbro refuses to make playsets.  There's definitely some very obvious choices out there (Death Star 1 & 2, Cantina, Jabba's Palace) that I'm sure would sell very well to the collecting community, as well as some kids (I've heard rumors that kids also collect this line, though I've never seen any evidence of it).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 01:45 AM »
I don't see them ever making anything to that scale or that detailed, but I would pay upwards of $250.00 each for well done playsets of the following by Hasbro if they would just do it:

- Death Star
- Sail Barge w/ Sarlacc Pit
- Jabba's Palace
- Echo Base
- Cloud City
- Theed Palace
- Nemoidian Battleship
- Geonosis Arena
- Coruscant

:P