Author Topic: CW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid  (Read 15854 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 07:26 PM »
New pic from SDCC. The tank looks a bit funky to me, but it looks to be pretty decent sized. Some Battle Droids would look killer on the side platforms.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 11:37 PM »
I've always thought that bug-eyed thing looked silly, but looks pretty accurate.  At least it's something new instead of a repaint.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 04:39 AM »
I'm thinking it's decently sized as well.  Nice sculpting, very sharp.  The Seps "numbers" are everything that make them formidable, so I like seeing Hasbro making the effort to get to their other bigger hardware.  Especially with the Clones having the AT-TE and now a light tank as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:56 AM »
I scored the Tank Droid at my local Target this morning. The side swing open to carry a droid pilot of your choosing.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I scored the Tank Droid at my local Target this morning. The side swing open to carry a droid pilot of your choosing.

Nice find Jay!  Is this the first time where it's only one new vehicle in a new assortment?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 12:55 PM »
I'm down for 2-3 of these!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Too bad Hasbro didn't put foot pegs on the running boards...so battle droids could ride on it, like in the movies.  I swear, sometimes I think that Hasbro forgets that people actaully want to play with these things...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 01:18 AM »
Too bad Hasbro didn't put foot pegs on the running boards...so battle droids could ride on it, like in the movies.  I swear, sometimes I think that Hasbro forgets that people actaully want to play with these things...

Yeah, that's my only complaint so far for the vehicle.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 08:32 PM »
My son likes anything that is a tank it seems.  Undoubtedly it will enter the home at somepoint whether it's for his birthday or whatever.  I actually like this thing.  A bit funky looking but fun I think.  I am glad the tread actually moves.   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56 PM »
This does look kind of cool, and I like that it has "real" treads.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 01:51 PM »
I opened this up the other night and I have to say that I like this better than I thought I would. Hasbro did a bang up job on this one. I highly recommended picking this up, it actually has two separate canopys to seat figures, they only show one of them on the box.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53 PM »
I opened this up the other night and I have to say that I like this better than I thought I would. Hasbro did a bang up job on this one. I highly recommended picking this up, it actually has two separate canopys to seat figures, they only show one of them on the box.

Actually the back of the box has a call out saying "gunner door opens!"  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I got this last week. I love the toy, but unfortunately one of the missiles was missing. I'm a stickler for complete toys, so I plan on sending it back to Hasbro for another one. (More likely Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, but whatever.) It is a great toy and pretty hefty at that. I'm looking forward to getting another complete one down the road.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 03:20 PM »

Actually the back of the box has a call out saying "gunner door opens!"  ;)

I was referring to the front canopy that opens as well. That door is located on the left canon. There is no mention of it on the box, they only mention the gunner one. Sorry if I was not clear.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:21 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 03:21 PM »
I got this last week. I love the toy, but unfortunately one of the missiles was missing. I'm a stickler for complete toys, so I plan on sending it back to Hasbro for another one. (More likely Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, but whatever.) It is a great toy and pretty hefty at that. I'm looking forward to getting another complete one down the road.

You should call customer service I am sure they would send you a replacement. I have always had good experiences with them.