Author Topic: CW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid  (Read 15855 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 03:26 PM »
I got this last week. I love the toy, but unfortunately one of the missiles was missing. I'm a stickler for complete toys, so I plan on sending it back to Hasbro for another one. (More likely Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, but whatever.) It is a great toy and pretty hefty at that. I'm looking forward to getting another complete one down the road.

You should call customer service I am sure they would send you a replacement. I have always had good experiences with them.

I emailed them and was told that the part was unavailable. They offered to send a mailing label to me so I could have the whole item replaced. I have faith in Hasbro but I don't expect to get the same toy in return. However, it's okay with me as I can return whatever I receive to Target, and just pick up another Tank Droid when I see it. I do agree that the Hasbro folks are very kind and helpful people.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Good to know they were at least willing to take care of you. Yeah at this point I would go with your plan too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 08:23 PM »
I emailed them and was told that the part was unavailable. They offered to send a mailing label to me so I could have the whole item replaced. I have faith in Hasbro but I don't expect to get the same toy in return. However, it's okay with me as I can return whatever I receive to Target, and just pick up another Tank Droid when I see it. I do agree that the Hasbro folks are very kind and helpful people.

I would advise against sending it back to Hasbro at all costs.  For whatever reason, email correspondence is pretty much guaranteed to come back with the "We will send you a shipping label" response, while calling them via telephone is much more likely to result in them just sending you the part.  I've been using the same phone number since the POTF2 days when I had a problem (unfortunately, my address book with that number is at work right now), and I've never had any issues with them using the mailing label thing there.

In 2006, I got a Vader TIE that didn't include the 1-label sticker sheet.  I went the email route and got the "Mail it Back" label response.  I mailed it back, and two months later, I got a ROTS Obi-Wan JSF (in ROTS packaging, naturally).  Luckily I was able to simply return *that* to Target and exchange it for another DV TIE, but the moral of the story is, don't accept the return label thing.  It's easier to just take it back to Target, say it was incomplete, and exchange it for the same item, even if you have to wait on another shipment.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Luckily I was able to simply return *that* to Target and exchange it for another DV TIE, but the moral of the story is, don't accept the return label thing.  It's easier to just take it back to Target, say it was incomplete, and exchange it for the same item, even if you have to wait on another shipment.

I keep wondering how much longer these generic DPCI numbers at Target will last.  Probably in their favor to keep, but surely they have to know what some folks do with returns/exchanges.  I'm not knocking you DP - I'm certainly a guilty one.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline fisto24

• Youngling
  • clone wars!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 09:00 PM »
i cant wait to get it

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I picked this up yesterday, and holy crap! What an outstanding vehicle! I very rarely do this but I may have to pick up a second. I actually find this WAY cooler than the Republic Fighter Tank, which really surprises me.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I picked this up yesterday, and holy crap! What an outstanding vehicle! I very rarely do this but I may have to pick up a second. I actually find this WAY cooler than the Republic Fighter Tank, which really surprises me.

I could not agree more. I passed on a second one for now but I am considering getting another.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Lucky fellows.

I still have yet to find this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05 PM »
I found this on Saturday and I was really pleased with the vehicle when I opened it up.

The fact that they included seats for two Battle Droids was really cool. I had no idea they were going to putting that feature into this vehicle.

Definitely a great addition to your Seperatist forces.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 11:45 AM »
I have only seen 1 of these in the Richmond VA area, bought it immediately, but the box was damaged so now I am really jonesing to exchange it for a pristine version. (Yes, I am a non-opener)

They are really scarce for some reason...I smell a shortpack.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16 PM »
I have only seen 1 of these in the Richmond VA area, bought it immediately, but the box was damaged so now I am really jonesing to exchange it for a pristine version. (Yes, I am a non-opener)

They are really scarce for some reason...I smell a shortpack.

Nah, they're not even really popping up much on eBay yet, wait until November you'll be seeing them all over the shelves.

Plus it's a new mold, look for it to be issued many times for years to come.

Entertainment Earth

Check it out, just in September and October alone, it's packed in 3 different waves of vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:18 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 1, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Ahhh, I was able to exchange my damaged box for a new one yesterday...this is officially off the list.

It really DOES seem like an outstanding vehicle...new sculpts are always a plus for me.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 10:19 PM »
I actually saw this for the first time tonight and picked one up.  I think it's one of the better made toys in this line...  I think it's a hair small, but I'm going ot keep the one I have.  I think it falls into my acceptable range.  It's very close, actually.  It may be more on than not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 10:52 AM »
I picked up a second one last week. I pretty much NEVER do that, but this is just such an awesome vehicle. Will there be a third? It's possible....
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 04:20 PM »
I'm hoping to pick up a second one as well. It's a neat design. Hasbro's inclusion of a cockpit for a droid driver was a nice touch.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010