Author Topic: Medicom Toy Exhibition '09 (Parco Show)  (Read 17200 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Parco Show
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 09:42 PM »
So we don't have any real confirmation on a Series 11?

I'm not sure how I feel about a "repacked" 3PO and R2-D2.  My 3PO does a defect so I'd like to get a new one some day but I don't know I need it from a set like this.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Unless there is something markedly different with these I'll pass. They would have had me if they gave 3PO the vac-metal treatment like the 400%.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Medicom Toy Exhibition '09 (Parco Show)
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Wow, I missed a busy Kubie weekend going away for a few days!

Same here - holy crap.  Anyone have any idea how the Deluxe sets are going to work?  I'm wondering about the box/case sizes and thoughts on how muhc more these are going to cost us.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Nope, no information at this point about how/when they are being released.  I'm confident had it been put out there for general consumption Jeff would have posted the details for us. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 03:17 AM »
Well based on what we know so far it would be easy to speculate about the release. I personally think that they will be released like a normal series but with double sized individual boxes to accommodate the jabba and AT-ST pieces. As for case sizes I guess the 12/24 sizes wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I just hope that the jabba/AT-ST pieces are consistent in each individual box and that chases don't foul them up either.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Well based on what we know so far it would be easy to speculate about the release. I personally think that they will be released like a normal series but with double sized individual boxes to accommodate the jabba and AT-ST pieces. As for case sizes I guess the 12/24 sizes wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I just hope that the jabba/AT-ST pieces are consistent in each individual box and that chases don't foul them up either.

I`m thinking the build a parts will be totally random, with some parts harder to get than
others. I think we`ll be doing some trading to get our sets complete.
Adam

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 12:27 PM »

I`m thinking the build a parts will be totally random, with some parts harder to get than

I never thought about random assortment of build a parts.  But you are right, I could see this happening!  Thjis may make the Master Case an important purchase again.  Dang.

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 12:30 PM »
That would suck hard, but would fit in well with Medicom's strategy of sucking my bank account dryer than it already is.  If so, I will probably forget the BAFs and just target getting the figures that I want.  The Superhero Squad/Galactic Heroes Jabba could look worse, right? :(
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 03:27 PM »

What a deliciously evil prospect but never fear I'm sure the bay will be full of spare parts!!
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 03:41 PM »

What a deliciously evil prospect but never fear I'm sure the bay will be full of spare parts!!

True, probably enough so that you could just buy the parts to build these without buying the kubs (the horror!). I can see people clamoring to construct multiple AT-ST for sure.
Can`t wait to see!
Adam

Offline Ray Finkle

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 09:30 PM »
There are days when I really, really wish my japanese was better.  First reports out of the Parco show... 

- it sounds like a new DELUXE SERIES program will be launched.  From what I can translate, it sounds like the first two deluxe series were being shown at Parco.  It sounds like (and this hasn't been confirmed or fully explained yet) there may be some sort of "build a" something feature incorporated, which is what makes is a "deluxe" series...

- I have also heard (but not been able to confirm or corroborate) that a Kubrick AT-ST was shown - no idea if it's a "for sale" item or just set dressing for the exhibit.  Working to lock that down...

Again, it's all rumor for now, but it sounds cool so far...  hopefully I'll have more soon.  8)

Just got back from Japan and the PARCO event.  I see that others have mentioned the two deluxe items, they are very cool!  I dont know either how they will be sold.  I think others have noted that you'll have to get all 6 to get all the extra pieces.  They had nothing there to indicate how they will be packaged. 

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 10:14 PM »
 ::) awww weak. all that work for nothing-

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 12:47 PM »
The C-3PO paired with R2, while not vac-metallic like the upcoming 400%er, looks to be more gold than the initial version from the Early Bird set.  In fact, it looks identical to the ROTJ Deluxe series C-3PO with Salacious Crumb, except for the pulled-out eye.

I always thought the Early Bird Threepio color/tint was too yellowy/gray, drab gold, and not orange enough, if that makes sense.  Though I'd love a vac-metallic 100% C-3PO (and an R2 with vac-metal shiny silver dome, for that matter), this is enough of a difference for me to get him.  

Heck, I'm still looking for the Scout Trooper that came with the Speeder Bike, even though his only difference from the regular series 7 version is dirty feet.  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:51 PM by Sir Real »

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 09:35 PM »
So we don't have any real confirmation on a Series 11?

I'm not sure how I feel about a "repacked" 3PO and R2-D2.  My 3PO does a defect so I'd like to get a new one some day but I don't know I need it from a set like this.

Could they be replacing the regular series with the Deluxe Series?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Yes, Medicom has confirmed that as of right now, there are no plans for a true "Series 11".   There was the Fett sett, then the Deluxe Series take over.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender