Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173590 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I would say no, never underestimate Medicom. This is something new they are trying out, Medicom will always pull something out of their ass to make this exciting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Thanks for the pics Dale.  Looks pretty cool and if it means a standard (but deluxe) 9 piece series, I think that's pretty stinking cool given it should all be OT.  If Medicom wants to change it up a bit to make it deluxe but we still keep getting OT stuff, I'm ok with that. 

Now, bring on the Droids series with the build-an-A-wing.  ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I'm thinking (hoping) it'll be 6 pieces, 3 dias, 1 Hookah and Jabbas Head/body one part and tail the last.

I'm loving the detail in Jabba then the fact they stick on Kubrick arms, class!

June 2010, is this the usaul length of time between announcement and release date?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 06:43 PM »
It looks like 7 pieces to me too.  Three for the Dias, 1 for the Hookah, 1 Tail, 1 Chest, and 1 Head.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 10:15 PM »
I can't believe they would include a unique Jabba piece with the case chase kubrick figure.  That would mean only 1 complete Jabba could be built per case.  Then Jabba himself, the complete verison of him anyway, would also be one per case.  And that doesn't make any sense, since the whole idea of this new Deluxe series is the ability to build the Jabba, which couldn't happen if there were chase build parts. 

I think if there are any chase kubrick figurs in this series, they must come with the same build-a-part that comes with the regular kubrick figure in the case that they replace.  E.g: Let's say Jedi Luke comes with Jabba's head.  and Nikto is a chase figure you find randomly in the Jedi Luke box.  Nikto would then also come with a Jabba's head build-piece.

Logically, this makes the most sense to me.  And also, it's what I'm hoping for.  Since, if the chase figure also comes with a chase build-a-part, that will make the chase figures even MORE expensive then they would be already.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 10:51 PM »
I can't believe they would include a unique Jabba piece with the case chase kubrick figure.  That would mean only 1 complete Jabba could be built per case.  Then Jabba himself, the complete verison of him anyway, would also be one per case.  And that doesn't make any sense, since the whole idea of this new Deluxe series is the ability to build the Jabba, which couldn't happen if there were chase build parts. 

I think if there are any chase kubrick figurs in this series, they must come with the same build-a-part that comes with the regular kubrick figure in the case that they replace.  E.g: Let's say Jedi Luke comes with Jabba's head.  and Nikto is a chase figure you find randomly in the Jedi Luke box.  Nikto would then also come with a Jabba's head build-piece.

Logically, this makes the most sense to me.  And also, it's what I'm hoping for.  Since, if the chase figure also comes with a chase build-a-part, that will make the chase figures even MORE expensive then they would be already.

I think you are dead on here.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Since there are six regular figures shown, I think this is how Jabba will be divided up.

The pipe rack doesn't appear to have any joints, so that should be one piece.  You can clearly see a dividng line for where the tail attaches to the body, and sizewise, the platform should divide into three pieces.  That leaves Jabba's head and body as one piece, which I originally thought should be two due to the size, but since only six regular figures are shown in the series and there aren't likely to be chase build parts, this leaves the head/body as one piece.

On the other hand, if there are chase pieces, and previous series have had three chase figures, that means three chase pieces: Jabba's head and body could be two pieces, the gold base part of the pipe itself, and the handset, could be separate pieces from the brown rack.  Maybe the gold pipe base, handset, and brown rack could be the three chase build parts.  That way, everyone could still build Jabba on his platform.  But I sure hope not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:31 AM by Sir Real »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2009, 01:14 AM »
I seriously hope you are correct though I think the reason folks are speculating on more than six pieces is due to the view from the back:

I completely agree with you on the separation of Jabba from his tail.  Seven base pieces though, possibly two pieces for the rail (joint near the corner).  Who knows?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2009, 01:19 AM »
So pumped on this series, only figure that looks odd is chewbacca.  To much eye liner?

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Since there are six regular figures shown, I think this is how Jabba will be divided up.

The pipe rack doesn't appear to have any joints, so that should be one piece.  You can clearly see a dividng line for where the tail attaches to the body, and sizewise, the platform should divide into three pieces.  That leaves Jabba's head and body as one piece, which I originally thought should be two due to the size, but since only six regular figures are shown in the series and there aren't likely to be chase build parts, this leaves the head/body as one piece.

On the other hand, if there are chase pieces, and previous series have had three chase figures, that means three chase pieces: Jabba's head and body could be two pieces, the gold base part of the pipe itself, and the handset, could be separate pieces from the brown rack.  Maybe the gold pipe base, handset, and brown rack could be the three chase build parts.  That way, everyone could still build Jabba on his platform.  But I sure hope not.

So the figs will have a piece of Jabba.

This is how it looks to be broken down.

3 pieces of his throne

1 piece of his tail to mid waist

1 piece of his head and arms

1 piece of his Hookah

SNAP!  ;D
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2009, 02:01 AM »
This series is up for preorder on Amazon.co.jp with 30% off 16,128 yen ($175.24 US) so 12,902 yen is aprox $140.00 US. At least that gives us a base price on what the box of 12 will be. Could be a month or 2 till this set shows up on HLJ & hopefully NCS, will be watching those sites & if the box of 12 is around the $150. mark then a Master Case might be inorder.  ;)

Here's the original link incasthe translated link I posted does not work:

KUBRICK STAR WARS DX SERIES 1

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 02:08 AM »
This series is up for preorder on Amazon.co.jp with 30% off 16,128 yen ($175.24 US) so 12,902 yen is aprox $140.00 US. At least that gives us a base price on what the box of 12 will be. Could be a month or 2 till this set shows up on HLJ & hopefully NCS, will be watching those sites & if the box of 12 is around the $150. mark then a Master Case might be inorder.  ;)

Here's the original link incasthe translated link I posted does not work:

KUBRICK STAR WARS DX SERIES 1

I got into kubs around when series 10 and the boba fett collection came out, is it normal for pre orders to go up 7 months before a series is released?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 02:19 AM »
Yes, preorders can be up on sites months in advance & they will put an order stop so they don't over sell like HLJ has done in the past. HLJ had the Fett Collection up on Feb 17th for a shipping June 28th so that was only just a tad over 4 months.

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 02:26 AM »
Yes, preorders can be up on sites months in advance & they will put an order stop so they don't over sell like HLJ has done in the past. HLJ had the Fett Collection up on Feb 17th for a shipping June 28th so that was only just a tad over 4 months.

Boy oh boy, I was spoiled with the series 10 and fett collection coming out so close to each other. 

I pre-ordered the c3PO and r2 2-pack, caught up on series 6,7,8 (basic sets, i'm not going to collect chases for now).
But nothing beat opening up new boxes : )

Here's to waiting!

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 07:55 AM »

what if they include a chase figure plus a chase piece for build the jabba? a slave chain leia round the neck perhaps. that would surely hike up prices for the dx series as it is!