Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173568 times)

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #120 on: March 1, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Well, I'll be ordering a box for sure.   :-\  Too bad the aliens are the more common pieces - I feel like I've gotten a lot of droids recently, especially with the Threepio/R2 2-pack being one of the last new items released.

Here's hoping the R2 and C3 are the chances for a 1/12 or 1/24, or the 1/96 figs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 1, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Here's hoping the R2 and C3 are the chances for a 1/12 or 1/24, or the 1/96 figs.

It doesn't look that way per Dale's post:

Out in June - Kubricks DLX 1 each box include :
2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )
3x C-3PO & Salacious Crumb
3x R2-D2 ( Jabba's Barge )
2x Chewbacca ( Boushh's Prisoner )
1x Amanaman
1x Bib Fortuna

While Jabba is cool and the two aliens are great choices, I'm not overly excited about the other four.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 1, 2010, 10:17 PM »
2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )
1x Amanaman
1x Bib Fortuna

So this will most likely be similar with the Hoth set with the R-3PO and Snowie getting one per.

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 1, 2010, 11:24 PM »

It doesn't look that way per Dale's post:

2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )
1x Amanaman
1x Bib Fortuna

What I meant was that within those 3x are the random chase figures, similar to when Clone Trooper (4x) contained a 1/24 Gree.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 2, 2010, 01:54 AM »
What I meant was that within those 3x are the random chase figures, similar to when Clone Trooper (4x) contained a 1/24 Gree.

Ummm....what?   ???  I thought this was the breakdown for Series 10:

Clone Trooper 4:12  (Really 28:96 with 4 chases per 8 boxes)
Darth Vader    3:12 (No Chases)
Grievous (Reg) 2:12  (Really 15:96 with 1 chase per 8 boxes)
Palpatine 1:12 (No Chases)
Anakin 1:12  (No Chases)
Tarful 1:12  (Really 7:96 with 1 chase per 8 boxes)
Easy Chase: Gree 1:48 (Found in the Clone Trooper Boxes)
Hard Chase: 4-Arm Grievous (Found in the Grievous Boxes)
Hard Chase: Tion Medon (Found in the Tarful Boxes)

2 of the chases were in shorter packed boxes, but agree with you that it was nice to find the comon chase in the 4x Clone Trooper boxes.

Based on S10, I'm going to guess the following for chases:

Easy Chase: 8D8 in the C3P0 Box (or EV-9D9)
1:96 Chase: Malakili in the Luke Jedi Box
1:96 Chase: Ree Yees in the Amanamin Box

I'd love to get a Ree Yees, Squid Head, or Oola in this set.  Klaatu, Weequay, Barada, or Nikto would be okay with me too.  I could live without Malakili, 8D8, or EV-9D9 though.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 2, 2010, 08:15 AM »
HLJ has the Jabba's Palace DX Series 1 up for preorder for approx $163.85 US for a box of 12 so approx $655.40 US for a MC.

Kubrick: Star Wars DX #1 1 Box 12pcs

Preorder by Mar. 18 to get 5% off the regular price of 15,360 yen!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 2, 2010, 08:29 AM »
That's about what I expected for this set.  Hopefully NCSX will come through for us this year!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 2, 2010, 08:35 AM »
HLJ has the Jabba's Palace DX Series 1 up for preorder for approx $163.85 US for a box of 12 so approx $655.40 US for a MC.

Kubrick: Star Wars DX #1 1 Box 12pcs

Preorder by Mar. 18 to get 5% off the regular price of 15,360 yen!

Still no sign of them on NCSX as of this morning.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 2, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I love opening boxes, but really don't care for extras of the droids, luke or chewie. The 2 R2s, 2 3PO's, Chewie and Luke are going to end up selling for $5 like all other commons have come down to (getting back $30). That means if you buy a box a basic set of 6 sets you back $140 or so. At that rate, I can buy a set off of the bay with Jabba (I'm guessing $100) and the common chase, and not have taken a chance on a blank box. I wish the math worked out better, but that's my take on it at the moment.  :-\

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Yeah, throwing in a truly hard to find chase makes it more worth someone's while to buy an entire case at prices like that, but the incentive seems to go away when your rarest figure is 1/12.  Of course, that will mean decreased demand as fewer people will buy and open boxes beyond what they narrowly need, so ultimately the price per set may not be much below the price per box of 12. . .and of course, we still aren't sure how Jabba is going to work.  I'll be curious to see this play out.  I have been collecting these things for a couple of years now, and still am stumped as to how brand new block figures can cost so damn much.  Then I think about the price of Medicom's RAH figures compared to Hot Toys, and I begin to understand the bigger story--price gouging because there is an audience (i.e. us) who is willing to pay, period.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 2, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Do we know that the rarest figure will be 1:12?  I'd be surprised if they went away from the common chase and two rares with the Deluxe line.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: March 2, 2010, 10:07 AM »
I wish the math worked out better, but that's my take on it at the moment.  :-\

Yeah, when you're buying a box and paying $170 and only getting $30 back on your extra 6, there's no way it's really even worth buying a box anymore.  Oh, how I long for the days of S4 and $300 Master Cases from Robby.jp again.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #132 on: March 2, 2010, 10:16 AM »
I wish the math worked out better, but that's my take on it at the moment.  :-\

Yeah, when you're buying a box and paying $170 and only getting $30 back on your extra 6, there's no way it's really even worth buying a box anymore.  Oh, how I long for the days of S4 and $300 Master Cases from Robby.jp again.   :'(

Yeah that was awesome, figures it closed. I dont know if i want to grab a master case this time around, i may just get a boz and fight for the chase figures on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Here's a little wrinkle that I haven't heard about before. According to the Japanese text appearing underneath this image at the ToyWorld site, there is a cardboard background based on Jabba's palace, but there's only one included per master case!

Translated this reads: "In each master case (which consists of 4 inner boxes of 12 figures, for a total of 48), there is 1!!! Deluxe Display Base (cardboard) that is designed to look like the inside of Jabba's palace."

I really don't know what to make of that. If they're packaged outside the boxes (as opposed to being inside one random box) then I imagine the only way to get one will be to buy a master case or pony up a large amount on ebay. Doesn't make sense to me to do it this way, especially since a cardboard background is so cheap to make.

1BOX12個入り×4インナー=48個入りの1マスターカートンに付き、1枚!!!ジャバ宮殿の内装がイメージされた『豪華ディズプレイベース(紙製)』が付属~♪

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 2, 2010, 11:05 AM »
That insert looks really cool and will look even better with all of the other Jabba's palace figures from the previous series (Han Carbonite, Lando Skiff Guard, etc), but I'm not going to pay $600 for a Master Case just to get it...  If they do end up randomly packing it in one of the boxes of 12, it would be cool to pull that box. But if it is packed outside of the boxes, I wonder if NCSX would put that in someone's shipment sine they'd be breaking up master cases anyway...

Man, this is starting to get complicated...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!