Author Topic: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace  (Read 173839 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 1 - Jabba's Palace
« Reply #375 on: July 8, 2010, 04:11 PM »
It occured to me on my walk back from the cafeteria today that Medicom seems to have missed the perfect opportunity to introduce a Holographic Luke figure as a chase in this wave.  Given the proclivity for the "repaints" for Chase figures in recent waves I'm shocked they didn't include him.

3 Words: Box Set Luke.  I don't think they missed anything - the two variants they have are just repaints...I'm sure we will see Holo Luke, but in a more exclusive format at some point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 8, 2010, 04:18 PM »
3 Words: Box Set Luke.  I don't think they missed anything - the two variants they have are just repaints...I'm sure we will see Holo Luke, but in a more exclusive format at some point.

I was thinking the same thing.  Between the Spirit figures and Holo figures, 2 have been carded, 2 have been boxed set figures and one was a Series release.  I could definitely see them making the Luke a carded or boxed set figure.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 8, 2010, 04:22 PM »
I'd agree he's a likely candidate, but I do admit I really like it when the put the holo figures out there as part of a box set or a carded exclusive because then I can choose whether I'm interested at all or not.  Or if he's in a box set then one of five figures being a holo is tolerable. 

Still haven't decided what to do with this series yet.  Kind of waiting to see if there are any boxes leftover at the end of the rush and maybe the price comes down to $130 or so?  Probably just buy a set when they're down quite a bit more and hope to snag a red Bib Fortuna off the bay. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 8, 2010, 05:03 PM »
Still haven't decided what to do with this series yet.  Kind of waiting to see if there are any boxes leftover at the end of the rush and maybe the price comes down to $130 or so?  Probably just buy a set when they're down quite a bit more and hope to snag a red Bib Fortuna off the bay. 

I think that's a smart move.  You can probably find a set with Jabba for about $100, whereas a full box is costing around $175 or more.  Better to use the extra $75-80 on chasing down a chase IMHO.  I only went for the boxes because I thought there would be some common chases.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #379 on: July 9, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I think my box was delievered but i wont be back in Jersey for another few weeks to open it and see if I got the Bib chase.  I've been busy and not been on, I got in on the BBTS background. I thought it was a fair enough price.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 9, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Just got back wit lunch with my Mom & 5 mins in the door... bing-bong!  8)

Man, that's a ******* huge MC. So far I like NCS, value for customs... $100. No customs fee! ROTFLMAO!  ;D

Now the fun has begun!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 9, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Pretty big boxes!  :o

NCS MC factory sealed with display background.
Box #1... nada.
Box #2...

So just the Fett chase to track down & all intime.

2 Sealed boxes to dump & I think a set is spoken for so 1 sealed box.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 9, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Congrats!  I really do like that chase and the more of you that get it in a box the less I have to compete with.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #383 on: July 9, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Congrats on the Lili Ledy Bib  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 9, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Congrats Dale!

I contacted NCS to see what they were doing with the displays from the MC's they broke up and sold individual boxes of 12 from.  I thought that they might be considering selling them like BBTS did.  They replied and said that they gave them away to customers who ordered 2 to 3 boxes from them :o!  Yet another reason to like the NCS folks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 9, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Just got home and opened my Box of 12.  Sweet lucky day - I found Boba Fett in the Anamaman Box.  I told 'I am Sith' that I intended on selling the rare chase if I happened to get one... Now after seeing it in my hands, not so sure.  Damn you Kubie Karma!!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 9, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Wow, congrats to all the lucky chase hitters out there!  :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 9, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Just got home and opened my Box of 12.  Sweet lucky day - I found Boba Fett in the Anamaman Box.  I told 'I am Sith' that I intended on selling the rare chase if I happened to get one... Now after seeing it in my hands, not so sure.  Damn you Kubie Karma!!

HA!  Nothing like having the merchandise in hand to make a man change his mind...  Congrats on the chase!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 9, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I just received the latest Brian's Toys e-mail with links to the Deluxe Series 1 figures.  I'd love to know how they determine their prices ::)...

Jabba Display $129.99

Chase Bib $199.99 - Sold

Amanaman $59.99

Even the sellers in Japan aren't nailing people for those kind prices!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 9, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Wow, nice scores on those chases guys!  I'm sure it was confirmed somewhere, but does anyone know for sure that the chases are just one per case?  Wouldn't it be interesting if both chases were actually 1:48...