Author Topic: Deluxe Series 2 - Hoth  (Read 137899 times)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 2 - Hoth
« Reply #195 on: October 1, 2010, 07:11 AM »
Still really can't get over the number of AT-ST drivers that have appeared on eBay. I can't think of any other chase that has been this hard to find from the get go. I really want to get this series but I'm holding off until I can secure this chase. The Hoth Trooper seems to be relatively easy to come by but so far there have only been 4/5 AT-ST drivers up and the last ones went for mad money...I love Kubricks but the cost of this hobby is getting ridiculous.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 1, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I think people r just holding on to them thinking the value will go up when in all likelyness it will drop. Reissues would worry me and the costs always go down anywaysn

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 1, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Still really can't get over the number of AT-ST drivers that have appeared on eBay. I can't think of any other chase that has been this hard to find from the get go. I really want to get this series but I'm holding off until I can secure this chase. The Hoth Trooper seems to be relatively easy to come by but so far there have only been 4/5 AT-ST drivers up and the last ones went for mad money...I love Kubricks but the cost of this hobby is getting ridiculous.

Reminds of the Saesee Tiin Series 8 figure.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 1, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Jay and I are waiting to find a spare Hoth Leia. I want the Leia and he wants the AT-ST part. No luck so far...

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 8, 2010, 01:31 PM »
So who got that AT-ST driver on ebay last night?  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 8, 2010, 04:08 PM »
So who got that AT-ST driver on ebay last night?  :)

Not me - haven't been watcing like I should.  How much did he go for?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 8, 2010, 05:17 PM »
I was watching it out of curiosity. It ended around $300/shipped.         

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 8, 2010, 06:13 PM »
300 shipped  :o  That is what I bought my 2007 box set for ( In Canadian $ ). I guess it's good, One less person to compete with down the road.

Offline seb ulba

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 9, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Imagine the frustration if you bought all 6 basic figures and couldn't make the AT-ST because your Chewie was the one with the wrong piece.
I imagine !!! Because my K-3PO comes with the wrong AT-ST leg ! I'm disgusting. The ebay seller doesn't want to change the box... I have contacted MEDICOM to have the good right leg and they have accepted to change it.

That's my first message on JEDIDEFENDER. I read your messages since some years but I hesitated to write because I'm french and I don't speak very well english. But this incident in my KUBRICK collection irritated me very much !!!

Besides, I'm surching (like everybody) the AT-ST driver and I was shocked to see that it is nearly impossible to find it on ebay !!! I have always found chase figure with patience but this time, it should be VERY HARD !

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 9, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Wow- nearly $300? Insane.

I'll be amazed if we don't see a re-hash of this figure further down the line (dx 6, Endor maybe?)

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 9, 2010, 02:43 PM »

I'll be amazed if we don't see a re-hash of this figure further down the line (dx 6, Endor maybe?)

I hope it's the future you see, Dan. An endor wave would be awesome. A couple new ewoks, endor trooper, Lando General, Leia in celebration gown, Pruneface, and the At-St driver with a different suit and his goggles pulled down. Mon Mothma could be one of the chases. BAF: Shuttle Tyderion!  :o

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2010, 09:45 AM »
My set of DX2 figures and the AT-ST driver arrived today. I'm delighted with them. Still waiting for the Hoth Rebel Trooper that I bought last week to arrive but once it gets here that'll be me up to date. Roll on DX3!!!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27 PM »
The Hoth Rebel Tropper is inspired upon legacy hoth bearded trooper
Only for more accuracy they could have painted the boots in another shade of gray.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2010, 11:11 PM »
My set of DX2 figures and the AT-ST driver arrived today. I'm delighted with them. Still waiting for the Hoth Rebel Trooper that I bought last week to arrive but once it gets here that'll be me up to date. Roll on DX3!!!

Did you end up buying the chases from Ebay? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2010, 08:31 AM »
I bought the rebel trooper off eBay. The AT-ST driver I bought from eBay user monlaiclub. I saw that he had previously list some so I e-mail him and he was able to source one. I love the figure but agree that it is a shame that the chase is an army builder.