Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 26181 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #195 on: August 3, 2011, 04:02 PM »
In stock at HLJ!  Got my shipping notice early this AM!   :)

Estimated delivery   Aug 4, 2011 by 4:30 PM

Sweeeeeeet.    ;D

They're early!  Status:  Aug 3, 2011 2:54 PM  Delivered

Sweeeeeeet.  if it wasn't for a 4-5pm meeting at work, I would be on my way home to open them up!  :P

Just a little more patience and that Landspeeder will be mine...  pics tonight!  8)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 3, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Sweet.  Hope your luck with chases hold out.  Where are you getting the shipping notices?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: August 3, 2011, 04:51 PM »
You mean the shipping updates?  My shipping notice e-mail from HLJ had a FedEx tracking number, so I've been tracking its progress...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 3, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Jeez Justin, did you send your payment to HJL in Cuba by mistake? I'm starting to worry about my new Kubrick source...  ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 3, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Good news and good luck Jeff!  Can't wait to hear your review of this series and whether or not it was worth the wait.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: August 3, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Cracked open my box...  no chases for me.    :'(

Oh well, still a nice series. 

Originally I was a little bummed about all the resculpts they announced for this series, but they are so different from previous versions and the Kenner homages are great.  I love the execution on Ben's slide out saber and I love the landspeeder.  I will try to break out the camera in a bit and take some pics...

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 3, 2011, 10:11 PM »
My box has just left Anchorage today. Being in Pittsburgh I hope to have them maybe on Friday.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: August 3, 2011, 10:47 PM »
The Landspeeder is much bigger than I was expecting and is really well done - the way it snaps together is just awesome engineering.  Much better then the AT-ST I think as it's much closer to scale of the Kubs than the chicken walker was.

After opening them up and playing a bit, Obi-Wan and the Tusken are my favorites I think.  Garindan is nice, but a little plain.  Same with R5-D4 (I was happy with the 3-leg version they already did).  Luke is fine, but I'm not much of a Luke guy anyway and his hat/hair is sort of odd and only really good for floppy hat Luke.  Sandtrooper has the gun from the White Pauldron version with the armor of the Orange Pauldron version - a nice mix I guess.

Like I said though, Obi-Wan and Tusken are my favorites here.  I Love the execution on the saber-arm for Obi-Wan and the vinyl capes on both are great.  These will display great alongside the Kenner stuff for those who do the Hasbro-Kenner-Kubrick trio displays now.  Here's a few quick pics of my favorites...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 3, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Cool review and pics Jeff!  I am definitely getting excited for these to arrive.  No worries Dan...if you missed my other posts, I was pushing back on the $52 shipping costs, which were a little higher than I expected. They knocked it down only a buck, but I didn't want to risk/delay the order, so I paid early yesterday.  Estimated arrival is the 8th, which is just as well since I sent them to work and wont be in until next week.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 4, 2011, 06:54 PM »
My girlfriend sends me a text you got some box from Japan today. I get home for work and open them up to find.... an Owen chase! First time I got a chase from a box of 12. I'm pretty pumped.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 4, 2011, 08:49 PM »
My girlfriend sends me a text you got some box from Japan today. I get home for work and open them up to find.... an Owen chase! First time I got a chase from a box of 12. I'm pretty pumped.

Congratulations!  Nice grab Outkast.  Was this a HLJ order?  Wonder if that means no hammerheads in their shipments.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 4, 2011, 08:55 PM »

Congrats Outkast!  Here's hoping that there is more luck on the boards in the coming weeks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 4, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Package has left Anchorage...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 4, 2011, 09:31 PM »

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 4, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Yeah I ordered it from HLJ