Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132988 times)

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2010, 03:15 AM »
DX 3 is due for release in April 2011 according to instinctoy.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 08:53 PM »
It'd be pretty rad if they did Dr. Evazen (Ponda Baba's loudmouth Cantina friend) as a chase... 

"I'll be careful."
"You'll be dead!"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29 AM »
This wave may be our best chance for Momaw, maybe in kenner vintage colors.

April is a long time away- I hope DX 4 is in August 2011 like the releases this year.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010, 03:02 PM »
This wave may be our best chance for Momaw, maybe in kenner vintage colors.

April is a long time away- I hope DX 4 is in August 2011 like the releases this year.

Much as I'd enjoy Dr. Evazan I think I would very much rather see them get another vintage figure out.  So my hope is for a Momaw as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I'd prefer Momaw as well. But seeing how this dastardly AT-ST driver has performed so far, it seems like the much-beloved Hammerhead would be impossible to get a hold of as a 1:96 chase.

Think there's any chance they'd do a Cantina aliens box set to coincide with DX3?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Think there's any chance they'd do a Cantina aliens box set to coincide with DX3?

I don't know?  I guess I'd rather not see it unless they aren't duplicating chase figures.  It's great for new collectors when they do things like Han/Luke stormtroopers but I'm more than a little annoyed by it.  Whiney, yes.  I am not sure whether they'll continue with box sets though and if they're like the one with the snowtrooper then ouch. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09 PM »

I don't know?  I guess I'd rather not see it unless they aren't duplicating chase figures.  It's great for new collectors when they do things like Han/Luke stormtroopers but I'm more than a little annoyed by it.  Whiney, yes.  I am not sure whether they'll continue with box sets though and if they're like the one with the snowtrooper then ouch. 

I don't blame you. I'm a new collector, but I thought re releasing the Han and Luke Stormtroopers was a lame move. It's just not fair to people who bought the originals, and it pretty much kills their value: they were on the top of my want list until I found out they we're doing that new set. At the very least, they could've given them wet hair and trash compactor slime!

Anyway, I was envisioning a boxset with 5 new aliens. There are plenty to choose from. Let's see-- Dr. Evazen, Hammerhead, the devil guy, Kabe, and Talz off the top of my head. If it was a collectors club thing it'd be pricey, but I'd rather pay $200 for that than $150 for one chase. I know the chances of them actually doing it are pretty slim though.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 5, 2010, 10:17 PM »
So as I just posted something similar in the Deluxe Series 1 thread, but I've been looking back at some of the recent Hasbro waves and came across figures that were released in the Saga Collection '06 line and the 30AC line that appear to have been used to 'inspire' the recent Deluxe waves from Medicom.  For the Tatooine wave, I looked back at the Saga '06 release of the 'Battle of Tatooine' wave and sure enough, there is a floppy hat Luke, Garindan, black paldron Sandtrooper and R5-D4 figures in that release.  What they also released in that wave of Hasbro figures was a Momaw Nadon figure...  I seriously hope that Medicom ends up releasing that figure as a chase in this wave!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2010, 11:10 AM »
i am truly loving this cannot get enough

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47 PM »
I've been thinking about possible chases for this wave some more. It seems like a double telescoping saber chase for Ben is almost inevitable. It would be a classic vintage nod, and an easy way for them to save on costs. I still hope they don't do it, cuz we need those chase slots for Momaw and friends. But if they killed two birds with one stone, and made chase Ben have white hair and a DT saber, and regular Ben have grey hair, it would be more tolerable I guess.

What they also released in that wave of Hasbro figures was a Momaw Nadon figure...

That's good news. Also have a hunch that we might see deleted scene Biggs, since they're doing the deleted scene Luke. I'd be happy with that. Still holding out a little bit of hope for Dr. Evazen too.  ;)

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 06:11 PM »
April is nearly 60 days away, I'm hoping to see some better pix of these soon.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2011, 02:18 PM »
I've been thinking about possible chases for this wave some more. It seems like a double telescoping saber chase for Ben is almost inevitable. It would be a classic vintage nod, and an easy way for them to save on costs. I still hope they don't do it, cuz we need those chase slots for Momaw and friends. But if they killed two birds with one stone, and made chase Ben have white hair and a DT saber, and regular Ben have grey hair, it would be more tolerable I guess.

Look closely at Ben's saber...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Little boring as most of these are rereleases...although I love the vintage nods to Obi-Wan and Sandpeople

The Landspeeder is the coolest part of this Series

I still haven't and probably won't track down the Hoth chases...Hammerhead would be a must buy for me if they do him :-[

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Holy crap! Garindan rocks- I love the cartooney color scheme they used on him. Kind of bummed that they didn't give R5 a blown motivator or something. He looks identical to the TRU version.  :-\

Look closely at Ben's saber...

To me that looks like it could be either version, since the regular sabers had that thin tip at the end as well. Although I admit I'm no vintage expert, so I might be showing my ignorance here (as usual.) It does look like it might slide out more.  :)