Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132695 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Just don't buy a box off of Ebay if you want a shot at a chase.

Why is that?

A Master Case comes with 4 "blind" boxes, each box has 12 figures.  With the Deluxe series, only one of the 4 boxes contains a chase.  If someone finds the chase box beofre opening the others, they can put the remaining unopened boxes up for sale knowing fully well that there is no chance of a chase inside.  I definitely trust NCS and sounds like BBTS is okay, but I would not trust a vendor or individual selling these items on Ebay.  Some may be honest, but not worth the chance when you're forking over that much dough.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57 PM »
I just placed my order for a box with BBTS- June suddenly seems very far away...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2011, 04:59 PM »
I just placed my order for a box with BBTS- June suddenly seems very far away...

Well, I held off as long as I could.  With NCS out of stock, I put in an order for a box at BBTS as well.  $200+ including shipping, though I feel pretty good about my ability to sell off half the the boxes with them going 2x this time around.  Sets of 6 + the the build are going for about $100 on Ebay, so I figured its worth the chance at a chase. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48 PM »
I feel pretty good about my ability to sell off half the the boxes with them going 2x this time around.  Sets of 6 + the the build are going for about $100 on Ebay, so I figured its worth the chance at a chase. 

That was my thinking too. Suddenly it's kinda worth the gamble for the chase.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34 PM »
So is anyone hearing anything from retailers about a possible delay? 

I know many folks have already pre-ordered from BBTS or NCS, but both are stateside retailers.  I find it curious that HLJ.com hasn't posted these yet so I'm wondering if they're just taking their time or if there's something more to it.  Historically HLJ.com has been pretty good about getting Kubs up for pre-order and still nothing yet. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2011, 03:26 AM »
HLJ got a bit rattled from the quake, they are about 100 miles inland... Current Earthquake Effects at HLJ Scheduled for a June 11th release from what I can see I see it being delayed for a bit, all depends on Medicom & they could have been affected too... whole dang island is in shambles...  :(

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2011, 10:57 PM »
i'm so ready for this already! Hope the earthquake didnt throw off the release time.
My chase hopes
Hammer Head
Gonk Droid
and the Bartender (in need one that i wont mind not picking up)

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2011, 05:12 AM »
i'm so ready for this already! Hope the earthquake didnt throw off the release time.

I predict the end of Jun/Jul for the release of SWDX3. Don't forget Medicom during these months host's a toy show of upcoming kubes/bearbrick at the Parco store. Who knows if they will do this, this year

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2011, 06:31 AM »
Also everything is made in China so other than a bit of admin I doubt the earthquake has interrupted Medicom much. So I suspect that their normal release schedule which can be a month either side of the announced date will remain the same.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Hopefully you guys are right.  I still find it curious that HLJ hasn't put the series up for pre-order yet. 

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 1, 2011, 01:36 AM »
time is dragging... Gonk

but i can see a floppy hat Biggs (I'd rather have him in x wing getup)
Garindan repaint (more movie like)
and a telescoping saber Luke... money saved i guess, but i want to know already!
« Last Edit: June 1, 2011, 01:40 AM by Adrian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Since I hadn't seen anything on HLJ.com I decided to email them and ask about it just to see what kind of response I would get.  Here's the response from one of their staffers:

Concerning #3, we do not have any official information from our suppliers about that item, but once we do it will be up on the website. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any indication of when that might be. Please keep checking!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45 PM »
sigh

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20 PM »
How is it mid July and we have no new news on these yet!?  I need a Kube fix in the worst way.  I broke down and bought the Harry Potter figures the other day just to tide me over for a while.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38 PM »
How is it mid July and we have no new news on these yet!?  I need a Kube fix in the worst way.

I'm guessing it's because they'll be released during the Medicom Toy Exhibition at the end of July so no chase news till August. Other than that we know everything right?

I broke down and bought the Harry Potter figures the other day just to tide me over for a while.

Tell me about it I bought 2 Bearbricks the other day and felt dirty. In my defence they were the Medicom Toy 15th Anniversary Bearbrick (i have the 10th anniversary Kubrick) and the Tetris Bearbrick. So not any crappy character ones.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"