Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132956 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #195 on: August 3, 2011, 04:02 PM »
In stock at HLJ!  Got my shipping notice early this AM!   :)

Estimated delivery   Aug 4, 2011 by 4:30 PM

Sweeeeeeet.    ;D

They're early!  Status:  Aug 3, 2011 2:54 PM  Delivered

Sweeeeeeet.  if it wasn't for a 4-5pm meeting at work, I would be on my way home to open them up!  :P

Just a little more patience and that Landspeeder will be mine...  pics tonight!  8)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 3, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Sweet.  Hope your luck with chases hold out.  Where are you getting the shipping notices?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: August 3, 2011, 04:51 PM »
You mean the shipping updates?  My shipping notice e-mail from HLJ had a FedEx tracking number, so I've been tracking its progress...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 3, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Jeez Justin, did you send your payment to HJL in Cuba by mistake? I'm starting to worry about my new Kubrick source...  ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 3, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Good news and good luck Jeff!  Can't wait to hear your review of this series and whether or not it was worth the wait.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: August 3, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Cracked open my box...  no chases for me.    :'(

Oh well, still a nice series. 

Originally I was a little bummed about all the resculpts they announced for this series, but they are so different from previous versions and the Kenner homages are great.  I love the execution on Ben's slide out saber and I love the landspeeder.  I will try to break out the camera in a bit and take some pics...

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 3, 2011, 10:11 PM »
My box has just left Anchorage today. Being in Pittsburgh I hope to have them maybe on Friday.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: August 3, 2011, 10:47 PM »
The Landspeeder is much bigger than I was expecting and is really well done - the way it snaps together is just awesome engineering.  Much better then the AT-ST I think as it's much closer to scale of the Kubs than the chicken walker was.

After opening them up and playing a bit, Obi-Wan and the Tusken are my favorites I think.  Garindan is nice, but a little plain.  Same with R5-D4 (I was happy with the 3-leg version they already did).  Luke is fine, but I'm not much of a Luke guy anyway and his hat/hair is sort of odd and only really good for floppy hat Luke.  Sandtrooper has the gun from the White Pauldron version with the armor of the Orange Pauldron version - a nice mix I guess.

Like I said though, Obi-Wan and Tusken are my favorites here.  I Love the execution on the saber-arm for Obi-Wan and the vinyl capes on both are great.  These will display great alongside the Kenner stuff for those who do the Hasbro-Kenner-Kubrick trio displays now.  Here's a few quick pics of my favorites...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 3, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Cool review and pics Jeff!  I am definitely getting excited for these to arrive.  No worries Dan...if you missed my other posts, I was pushing back on the $52 shipping costs, which were a little higher than I expected. They knocked it down only a buck, but I didn't want to risk/delay the order, so I paid early yesterday.  Estimated arrival is the 8th, which is just as well since I sent them to work and wont be in until next week.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 4, 2011, 06:54 PM »
My girlfriend sends me a text you got some box from Japan today. I get home for work and open them up to find.... an Owen chase! First time I got a chase from a box of 12. I'm pretty pumped.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 4, 2011, 08:49 PM »
My girlfriend sends me a text you got some box from Japan today. I get home for work and open them up to find.... an Owen chase! First time I got a chase from a box of 12. I'm pretty pumped.

Congratulations!  Nice grab Outkast.  Was this a HLJ order?  Wonder if that means no hammerheads in their shipments.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 4, 2011, 08:55 PM »

Congrats Outkast!  Here's hoping that there is more luck on the boards in the coming weeks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 4, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Package has left Anchorage...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 4, 2011, 09:31 PM »

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 4, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Yeah I ordered it from HLJ