Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132679 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #210 on: August 5, 2011, 08:00 AM »
Package has left Anchorage...

Arrived at Mpls sorting facility this morning.   ;D

Does anyone know if you have to sign for the package?  Wonder how that will work if I had it shipped to work?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 5, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Nm.  The kubes have arrived.  Now I just have to get back to Mpls...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 5, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Good luck with the kubs Jman!

Just heard from NCS.  My box will ship out on Monday or Tuesday.  Fingers crossed that it shows up by Friday next week!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 5, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Just heard from NCS.  My box will ship out on Monday or Tuesday.  Fingers crossed that it shows up by Friday next week!

Mine too!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 6, 2011, 12:17 AM »
Good luck with the kubs Jman!

Thanks man!  Good news and bad news.  The good news is that I stopped by work and picked up my two boxes of Kubes!  YES!   ;D

Bad news is that I've opened 4 packages so far - all 4 are vintage Obi-Wans.  So, I either have a Hammerhead or I have no chase.   :P

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 6, 2011, 12:47 AM »
Well, I need to check again in the morning, but looks like my two boxes were chase free.  I really thought I was going to get one because the figs were packed completely different between the two boxes.  One even had the Obi box turned sideways.   :P

Ah well, the rest of the figs do look nice.  I have yet to build the speeder...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 6, 2011, 08:32 AM »
That's a drag Justin- you've had good success hitting chases, and I was hoping it would continue. Hitting the hammerhead would have been awesome-

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 6, 2011, 08:49 AM »
That's a drag Justin- you've had good success hitting chases, and I was hoping it would continue. Hitting the hammerhead would have been awesome-

Yeah, I can't complain with my history of chases.  I'm a little bummed about not getting either chase this time, but still really happy with the other figures.  Hoping to build the landspeeder today - from all the pics I've seen it looks fantastic!

Here's hoping Hammerhead doesn't command the AT-ST prices, though with none on Ebay yet, I'm starting to fear the worst...

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 6, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Here's hoping Hammerhead doesn't command the AT-ST prices, though with none on Ebay yet, I'm starting to fear the worst...

these things just came out.

Yeah JediJman I think JediJman is right they've just come out so don't panic! :P (sorry couldn't resist)
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 7, 2011, 12:03 AM »
got mine today... fingers are crossed!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 7, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Yeah JediJman I think JediJman is right they've just come out so don't panic! :P (sorry couldn't resist)

I know I know, but if you look on Ebay, there hasn't been an auction with Hammerhead since July.  What a difference 3-4 days makes...   ;)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 7, 2011, 08:27 AM »
got mine today... fingers are crossed!

Good luck Adrian!

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 7, 2011, 08:28 AM »
How much has Hammerhead been going for?

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 7, 2011, 08:52 AM »
I haven't been able to find any auctions for him alone- the sets of all 8 figures were going for $500-$650 I believe.

The 2 per box ratio has some benifits, but some drawbacks as well. Nice that you can build two landspeeders if you buy a box, but who needs two landspeeders? Nice that there isn't 1 or 2 that are singles in a box of 12, but not having extras of the sandtroopers or raiders is a bit of a let down.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 7, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I haven't been able to find any auctions for him alone- the sets of all 8 figures were going for $500-$650 I believe.

The 2 per box ratio has some benifits, but some drawbacks as well. Nice that you can build two landspeeders if you buy a box, but who needs two landspeeders? Nice that there isn't 1 or 2 that are singles in a box of 12, but not having extras of the sandtroopers or raiders is a bit of a let down.

I would still rather have the 2 per case though.  You could buy an extra Tusken or Sandy off Ebay for $15 or less if you really wanted more.  The days of having the chase packed in the 1:12 box (like your experience with Amanaman) were awful.  With S2, you got more Snowtroopers, but guys like Steve and Jay have had a rough time trying to track down Leia or even her AT-ST part.  At least the 2 full sets make it easier to sell off your extras - I would not have ordered two boxes this time around of the ratios were mixed.