Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 25358 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58 AM »
I've pretty much given up on Chases with the DX waves.  I got lucky and got a Fett in my box of 12 for DX1 but didn't get any for DX2.  I'm not even looking for them... just way to expensive to justify.  I paid $150 for Saesee Tiin back in the day and swore I'd never do that again.  So I will probably never have most of the chases.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2011, 12:00 PM »
i'm with you Brent, i'm done spending big bucks on these things. I can live without them.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I've pretty much given up on Chases with the DX waves. 

Me too.  And it sucks... 

Hammerhead as an uber-rare DX chase is just a kick in the nuts.  What a pisser to have Greedo, Ponda, Red/Blue Snags, and then not get Hammerhead because he's going to cost what four cases of Hasbro figures cost.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2011, 12:49 PM »
I never really focused on the 1/96 chases because of the ridiculous price.  Most collectors have one form of OCD or another, and trust me--I know there's a compulsion to get everything you can, particularly more popular characters (Tarkin as a 1/96 chase is still one of the most mind-boggling things I've seen in my time as a collector).  BUT. . .$100+ for a Kubrick is very difficult for me to swallow.  I collect Hot Toys figures, so I'm not averse to paying a lot of money for something, but for a 3 inch plastic figure it's just tough, no matter how rare or cool it is.

Compound that with Medicom's troubling trend of re-releasing rare chases as cheap, easy to find 2-packs, and you've got a formula for tears down the road  :-\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:51 PM by karamazov80 »
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Compound that with Medicom's troubling trend of re-releasing rare chases as cheap, easy to find 2-packs, and you've got a formula for tears down the road  :-\

That's a good point... Of course, this is a relatively new phenomena in the last two years...

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2011, 12:57 PM »
yea, i can wait for the Uncle and Aunt 2pack soon to be released ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Did anyone from JD win the Owen chase that just closed?  I went a little past $150 on it, then gave up.  Dumb chases.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01 PM »

4 Owen's, 1 currently marked as a Ben... as for full 9 figure set's, 6 set's bin'd... Hammerhead, nada on the bay thus far... very sad...

Definately a let down for DX chase availability. Kudos to you for going for the full set of 9 early-

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28 PM »

4 Owen's, 1 currently marked as a Ben... as for full 9 figure set's, 6 set's bin'd... Hammerhead, nada on the bay thus far... very sad...

Definately a let down for DX chase availability. Kudos to you for going for the full set of 9 early-

Thanks Dan, this is the 2nd time I have bin'd a complete set off the bay & I have no regrets... with what the AT-ST Commander is commanding, it worked out great for me... a hell of a lot cheaper than get the chases separately & I think the Hammerhead will fall in with him which is unfortunate... and on that note they have arrived...  Behold!  ;D 
Sorry for the crap pics, frickin' hot outside...  the cardboard background stays sealed...  :P

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2011, 02:45 PM »
That Hammerhead is sooooooooo cool.  Color me jealous.  Thanks for sharing your pics!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Nice. They should have given Owen more of a scowl though - the grumpy bastard and vintage-esque feet would have rocked on Hammerhead, too. :P
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:03 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2011, 03:17 PM »
Nice. They should have given Owen more of a scowl though - the grumpy bastard and vintage-esque feet would have rocked on Hammerhead, too. :P

Jay - did you end up ordering Series 3 or still waiting?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Still waiting.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I'd like to see a cantina wave w/ the vintage versions of Greedo and Walrus Man, and do a Hammerhead re-release, looking more like the Saga 06 figure..  Heck, considering they are re-releasing everyone in vintage style, this might not be too far-fetched.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I would like Hasbro to do that in the vintage line... or whatever line it would be in.