Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85449 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2010, 09:18 PM »
TRU exclusives are usually pretty easy to find....at least in my experience.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2010, 02:36 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if these eventually hit Ross or other weirdo places... most exclusives tend to do so. Which is great, since there's no Toys R Us around me.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2010, 02:52 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if these eventually hit Ross or other weirdo places... most exclusives tend to do so. Which is great, since there's no Toys R Us around me.  :(

I would. TRU holds onto their exclusives forever and the only exclusive ever to hit Ross and the weirdo places has been this years WM exclusives. This was a first to my recollection.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57 AM »
plus the prices on these aren't bad at all.  $30 for 5 unique, exclusive figures - yes please!  Sure I could do without some of them - but at the same time they won't really hurt my collection/toys for my son either.

although, when you think about it, we used to get 5 figures in a battle pack for $20...  Hasbro has done a decent job in trainig me to accept it I guess.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2010, 12:20 PM »
I'm totally okay with the $30 price tag on these. I was totally expecting them to be $50 each like the McQuarrie sets were - and those were completely filled with re-releases.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20 PM »
I was right in the middle expecting $40. I figured at 5 figures for $8 each=$40. I'm glad to know these will be $10 cheaper. They should be at least that, given most are just simple repaints.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2010, 05:25 PM »
I was right in the middle expecting $40. I figured at 5 figures for $8 each=$40. I'm glad to know these will be $10 cheaper. They should be at least that, given most are just simple repaints.

There are only 4 repaints in the pack, all 4 Troopers.  There are 4 brand new figures (2 apprentice figs, Proxy and the Commando) and either a brand new Juno or at least heavily retooled.  The Felucian is a repaint so at least it's 50/50 new/repaint.  But since the Felucian was only available in another expensive store exclusive set, an argument could be made that he's new enough to tip things 60/40 to the positive. 

No matter how you want to slice it, $6 per figure in each set is a way better deal than the McQuarrie packs, for example, at $45 or most of the standard Battle Packs at $24-ish for 4 figures or a couple figs and an accessory.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Not to mention those McQuarrie packs screw you on the gear...  Why, I'll never know, but that was every reason not to buy those IMO.  Extra heads not included, holsters that don't have their blasters...  That was lame to the extreme.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2010, 05:47 PM »
The worst part of the McQuarrie packs is that Hasbro basically said they never realized the accessories weren't included and then shrugged it off since it was too late to do anything about it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2010, 08:25 AM »
The worst part of the McQuarrie packs is that Hasbro basically said they never realized the accessories weren't included and then shrugged it off since it was too late to do anything about it.

That's because to take the mistake any further would be an acknowledgement of the fact that they are not as "on top" of the factory in China as they'd like to think.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2010, 03:38 PM »
I will say this for the McQuarrie packs, my cousin bought one of them for his son for Christmas (he just turned 3 this Feb) and Jake loved the figures even without the accessories.  So the packs weren't a total waste, but compared to the single carded figures the value wasn't there as a collectible.

E...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Again, being behind the 8 ball, I was surprised to discover that the "phasing" Trooper was the same in both packs when I picked these up yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Again, being behind the 8 ball, I was surprised to discover that the "phasing" Trooper was the same in both packs when I picked these up yesterday.

Isn't one white-ish and the other black-ish though? So same mold, different deco.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2010, 04:56 PM »

Isn't one white-ish and the other black-ish though? So same mold, different deco.

Nope. They are both whiteish with blue highlights. The one with the removable helmet one was dropped from set 2.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Nope. They are both whiteish with blue highlights. The one with the removable helmet one was dropped from set 2.

When the hell did that happen? Even the pics of the sets at Toy Fair showed the Black/Gray one with removeable helmet in the second set.

Here's the pic from JD's Toy Fair coverage:

So that guy second from the left has been replaced by the guy, second from the left in this picture?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:32 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter