Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85429 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Not a huge fan of all the trooper repaints.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Interesting. Can't wait to get a better look at those troopers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I have to admit I am a bit underwhelmed, interesting sets just too many troopers.
The reuse of the Jango parts make him Galen "Meatpalm" Marek. The flesh colored gloved hands look a bit awkward, not bad just not what I was expecting. I am not crazy about either Galen outfit choice.

Proxy is the best one of the bunch. If they are going to rehash it would have been nice to see Rahm Koto with a blindfold, a slight update to the Sith versions of Galen and Mariss Brood with bendy knees.

I am in for both of course but I hope they have a follow up if they do well.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Here are my thoughts on these sets:

Set 1 of 2 will include:
 Imperial JumpTrooper (repaint)-Ok, I'll buy this one. The thing that makes this one worth it is that it FINALLY comes with a jet pack.
 PROXY- It's about freakin' time, Hell yes. PROXY alone almost makes this set worth it.
 Galen Marek (Bounty Hunter outfit)-Meh, don't really remember it from the game.
 Felucian Warrior (repaint)-Ok, not a bad repaint and can be used as a Dark Felucian, so it makes sense
 Shadow Stormtrooper (repaint)-I'm a sucker for clear toys. I like seeing how they are put together. This one is no different and I look forward to adding it to my collection. I'm calling this one the Black Phasing Shadowtrooper since it's phasing either to or from invisibility.

Set 2 of 2 will include:
 Imperial EVO Trooper (repaint)-um did someone throw up on this trooper? What the heck are those color splotches on it supposed to be? Camo? Really? This wasn't in the game. I'd rather have had a CLEAN version of this one. None of the funky yellow at the boots that the original had. Just a clean trooper.
 Juno Eclipse-Okay, nice take on the figure. At least she was in the game.
 Galen Marek (Raxus Prime)-Meh figure. Repaint is nice, but doesn't really add value for me.
 Rahm Kota Milita Elite-Okay cool, so when will we get this on single card so I can easily squad build this one? I'd like 4 more please. Battle Pack?
 Shadow Stormtrooper (repaint)-I'm a sucker for clear toys. I like seeing how they are put together. This one is no different and I look forward to adding it to my collection. I'm calling this one the White Phasing Shadowtrooper since it's phasing either to or from invisibility.

So basically the ones I really like are:
PROXY, Juno, Kota Militia, Black Phasing Shadowtrooper, White Phasing Shadowtrooper

Ones I am okay with the repaints of:
Jump  Trooper, Felucian Warrior

So that's only 7 of 10 figures. Rolls eyes... So I'll yet again have to take it on the chin to get the figures I really want. I wonder how much these sets will cost. Given a single carded figure is already $8, I imagine these sets to be $40. Though as an exclusive, I can see us being burned for another $5-10.  I can only hope these sets are LESS than $40.

The Mando/Galen figure I guess I could call another Mandolorian, but after all of those repaints awhile back I'm just not into these anymore. The other repaint Galen is meh but I'll fit him in somewhere.

I just can't get over...oooh wait here's the name for it the Giraffe coated EVO trooper.

So 7 of 10 figures I either want or am okay with, 2 I can tolerate and 1 that is an abomination. Again price is really going to determine it's value to me. I'll likely get the sets, but the amount of grumbling I do will be consistent with the price of it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2010, 11:18 AM »
So 7 of 10 figures I either want or am okay with, 2 I can tolerate and 1 that is an abomination. Again price is really going to determine it's value to me. I'll likely get the sets, but the amount of grumbling I do will be consistent with the price of it.

Aren't you used to that by now?  If you have been collecting for a while now (since 2006 for myself) then you should be used seeing that in every multipack/battlepack.  

Personnaly I think Hasbro did a pretty decent job with this set overall.  The only true let down for me is the trooper you mention, "giraffee trooper".  But did I not expect that?  no.

I do agree with Jackoftradze though, I would have liked a blind Kota or a SA Brood.

edit:  oh yeah, I forgot Kazdan like Nicklab mentions below - he would have been an swesome choice!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:26 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I would also expect some troopers, too.  Especially since Hasbro has stated that packs like these are going to depend significantly on existing tools.

I don't think Hasbro can make a lot of new troops from this game, especially if they're using existing parts - and besides, they've pretty much hit every troop in the game (except the jet trooper). I do think though that Kazdan Paratus has a good chance.

I could totally see Hasbro repainting either the Jump Trooper or the EVO Trooper for these sets OR giving either one some different accessories.  Also, the Emporer's Shadow Guard was easily THE most scarce figure of the 30AC line and I think they would like to get that one back into circulation.  And I think it would definitely be nice to see the Felucian warrior (Rancor pack-in) offered up again, too.

Also, Proxy was officially confirmed by Hasbro in this SW Collector Q&A session.

Wow.  I didn't think I'd call this lineup as well as I did.  But no Kazdan Paratus or either of the Sith Lords.  DRAT!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Yeah, Kazdan would have really helped these sets.

But which to bump then. Hasbro's mentality would be that since there is a trooper in one set there must be in the other. Since the main hero is in one it must be in the other. Each set has a minor army builder too Felucia/Kota. Each also has a minor character PROXY/Juno.

Personally I'd have favored PROXY on his on card in the TFU wave and Kazdan in this set. PROXY, IMO would sell MUCH better than Kazdan on single card.

Well here's hoping we'll see him soon enough.

And yes, while I expected this sort of line-up, it doesn't mean I have to like or accept it. Hasbro could have done better, IMO. I'll get them as stated.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Maybe they'll save Kazdan Paratus for a follow up set once the TFUII game ramps up.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I agree that the absence of Paratus is a letdown, but to me everything outside of the Evo Poop Trooper and Translucent Shadow Trooper is amazing... count me in for at least two of each set. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I agree that the absence of Paratus is a letdown, but to me everything outside of the Evo Poop Trooper and Translucent Shadow Trooper is amazing... count me in for at least two of each set. 

Chewie, if you don't want the Phasing Shadowtrooper, I'll buy it from you. (The more clear one, not the blackish one.)

If Hasbro makes another set, they could easily give us Paratus, reissue Kota just now blind (easy headswap), Stormtrooper Captain, one of the alien henchman (Rodians or the like) and another of the apprentice in a different costume.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Cool, if I end up parting with any, you will be the first to know!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Interesting sets...  I'm surprised on one hand at the number of new items, and on the other hand I'm not surprised at all, at some of the repaints. 

I'd say I'm a tad disappointed in seeing the Evo and Jump Trooper again, and the coolness of the stealth suited Stormtroopers is ok...  I just would've preferred at least the junk Jedi, and perhaps one other Jedi from the game...

I like both the Galen's though, Proxy, the Felucian Warrior...  Those are very cool.  Juno's cool too.  I just could do without the Imperials since I have a lot of the two original troopers and I'm kind of Stormtroopered out as far as Commandoes go. 

I love that we're getting the one Galen from the junk planet though.  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I'm very displeased with the sets - PROXY, however, as many mentioned, is worth getting. I wonder why Hasbro would simply include repaints on generic troopers instead of updating/producing the core characters. People begged for Kazdan and Starkiller's father, yet opportunities for inclusion of those figures were dashed by simple repaints.  >:(

I'm still hoping that Hasbro once again revists TFU once TFU 2 game comes out - that would be a perfect time to come out with more of the original characters, especially since Hasbro clearly stated there's no EU waves for awhile.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Was anyone else hoping they'd make Leia?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44 PM »
While I will definitely be picking these up, they are very disappointing to me.

Where's Kazdan Paratus?

Where's Darth Phobos or Darth Desolous?

If you're going to give us the Bounty Hunter disguise Starkiller, where is Chop'aa?

And lastly where's Kento Marek?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!