Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85441 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Aren't Darth Phobos and Darth Desolous just characters that show up on certain gaming platforms?  I don't recall seeing them on the XBOX360 version of the game.  And I think Chop'aa is also absent across some of the platforms... I would not care to see Hasbro add in characters that appear just on a certain system and not on others (at least not before making other core characters that are across all the platforms).

I think if anyone was expecting 10 all new figures here, given Hasbro's track record, I'm afraid that's just setting up for a letdown.  It's in Hasbro's blood to rehash as many older parts and figures as they can to save on tooling, etc. 

It would have been great if Hasbro had swapped out a couple of the figures here and there in favor of Paratus and a new Shadow Guard, and maybe Leia as well...  Leia seems pretty similar in this game to the Legacy ESB version we got last year, so if they did include something like that, I think we'd actually see a bit of complaining there from the community... though if they did release that version with a new head, I'd have liked it.  Heck, a young child version of Galen with his dad would make for something fun too down the line... just love the variety of characters in TFU storyline.

Oh well - I'm not going to complain.  These sets are a step in the right direction and given the big lull in product on the horizon, if these are available in soon these should hold me over for a while.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Actually I much rather would've seen the original Shadow Guard over any of the army builders in the set.  I have a couple, but I'd gladly have taken 2 or 4 more of them.  Love that figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Couple more Juno pictures out on the front page...  I know people were curious about the head's paint detailing and whether or not it's a big improvement over the original figure.  I think it is, but judge for yourself I guess.

Clicky to check it out!

She's definately got a wash in her hair to highlight the sculpt a bit more, and it's noticeably separate in color from her skintone.  Contrary to the last figure.  I may actually need a 2nd Juno just to swap heads with the old figure.  :-\

One thing I am glad about is, at least they're army builders that are the repacks...  It could've been Marris Brood with no improvements or something.  Still, buying 2 sets of these is going to sting the wallet just to get some extra fodder.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Actually I much rather would've seen the original Shadow Guard over any of the army builders in the set.  I have a couple, but I'd gladly have taken 2 or 4 more of them.  Love that figure.

I think it's pretty good, but if they're going to look at that figure again, I think they could look at a blend of Stormtrooper body parts being mixed in as well rather than a straight up repack... if I recall correctly, the figure's card back showed armor that was quite a bit different than a straight up repaint of the ROTS Royal Guard's body... not bad, but I think in 2010 Hasbro's capable of a lot better... ball joint elbows would make a world of difference in my opinion.

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Was anyone else hoping they'd make Leia?
I was. Very much want that version. :(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2010, 11:39 AM »
Yes, Darth Phobos and Darth Desolous are both characters that only appear on the PS2, PSP and Wii (I think) versions of the game.

So even if you discount them because they're not in the next gen platform versions of the game, at least Kento Marek, Ozzik Sturn and Kazdan Paratus should have both been in these sets. That way we'd have all of the level bosses from the XBox360/PS3 versions of the game.

We're already getting Shaak Ti, we already had the Shadow Guard, Maris Brood, Battle Damaged Vader, the Emperor (from the box sets) and Rahm Kota from the TFU assortment, so those three figures were the only three missing. I hope they will get to them some day.

I guess I was just hoping that there would be more figures NEW in the sets since you know that they're going to be $40 - $50 each.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Oh, I'd rather see some new stuff as well.  I'm just not let down by these all that much - I think Hasbro could have done a lot worse with these.  I'm with you on Kento Marek and Paratus for sure.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2010, 10:12 AM »
I couldn't even tell that those figures to the right were troopers. Cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: February 1, 2010, 08:13 PM »
So the new image of Kota's Militia showed up last week and today a better picture of the repainted Evo Trooper is here.  Check out the front page to see a little better image of the new paintjob...  Camoflage or mud?  There seems to be some debate as to what the brown spots actually are. :)

Clicky to check him out.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #84 on: February 1, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Camoflage or mud?  There seems to be some debate as to what the brown spots actually are. :)

RANCOR PISS DECO!!!

I ordered 5 Rahm Kota Militia dudes as they looked pretty cool. I even ordered two of the new Juno to make some customs as they looked decent. This Rancor Piss deco Trooper is an easy pass and when I get this whole set is an easy "Get this figure out of my collection by any means possible" type of figure.

Simply horrendous.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2010, 10:15 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 2, 2010, 09:40 AM »
Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the color scheme either. I'd like to use him as a squad leader, but, ewwww.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 2, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the color scheme either. I'd like to use him as a squad leader, but, ewwww.

More like "squat" leader. Looks like someone or something took a dump all over his armor...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 2, 2010, 03:48 PM »
It's good to see that Hasbro's finally getting around to repainting some clones.  Good idea.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 2, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Ya, we don't have enough repainted clones.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 2, 2010, 09:35 PM »
It's good to see that Hasbro's finally getting around to repainting some clones.  Good idea.

I think that's a great idea.  They could just change the paint aps slightly and give them different names to create a whole new character!  I hope they start making this a regular practice.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today