Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85456 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #90 on: February 3, 2010, 08:45 AM »
Yeah but there's no way any suckers would fall for that and keep buying them so Hasbro could continue doing it forever.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 3, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Yeah but there's no way any suckers would fall for that and keep buying them so Hasbro could continue doing it forever.

Yeah, absolutely no way!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 6, 2010, 04:30 AM »
Hasbro's outfit choices for Starkiller were alright, but they simply used too many army builders for these sets. Just taking out Starkiller, PROXY, and Juno turns these sets into army builder sets. The sets would have been much more appealing if they selected different choices: Maris Brood, Kazdan Paratus, Kento Marek, Drexyl, Phobos...

The list is very long! Hasbro had SO much source material, but they wasted it. How many times have we seen the Shadow Troopers re-released? WAY too many times. And there's 1 figure per set! And another Evo Trooper? Who asked for this? They threw away so many candid slots. Kota's Militia and updated Jump Trooper are welcome, though.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: February 8, 2010, 03:57 AM »
And with that, another updated image of the Felucian Warrior turned up...  Better picture that shows lots of detail of the upcoming repaints new paintjob.  It looks pretty spiffy and considering how it's tough to army build the Felucian Warrior, this one's a welcome figure to me.

Clicky to check him out!

On the issue of army builders...

I agree to an extent.  I would've only been interested in getting Brood had she been updated to include knee articulation.  I don't really want another one of her though, as I have 2 deco variants of her already and she was a little disappointing in the articulation dept., so unless that was upgraded I'd vote no on her... 

I couldn't agree more on the Shadow Troopers, and I think the Evo and Jump Troopers are meh choices (though I do like seeing the Jump Trooper get his jetpack...  that's long overdue).

On the issue of all the other choices, I would've liked to see them as well, however Hasbro's looking at cost with these sets, you can tell, so all the new guys are a bit unrealistic I'm afraid.  Looking at it from a cost POV, I would've dug seeing the Shadow Guard offered again as he common enough IMO.  I would've liked getting a sort of "battle worn" Rahm Kota with a bandage for his eyes too.  A little reworking or deco changes and the bandage accessory added would've been neat to me.

I'm not wild about the 4 Imperial Troops though, no...  I think they could've mixed it up a little bit more than that.  Paratus may have been doable using the Target 2-pack Tsui Choi figure with some accessory-additions to the figure.  Brood with new legs would've sold me on that one too though.  Hasbro was definitely looking to lessen the cost of these sets with all those deco-variants though, without a doubt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 8, 2010, 09:55 AM »
What is that thing supposed to be? A flower? Some kind of weird thorny plant?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #95 on: February 8, 2010, 10:07 AM »

Felucian
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »

Felucian

Speaking of "What is that?"...Jay, what is your avatar?   Don't tell me that is also a Felucian!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 8, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Meat curtains....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 8, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
 The Websense category "Message Boards and Forums" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Felucian

Thanks anyway. I gather it is a Felucian, my questions is what exactly is a Felucian? A big bundle of sticks? That's what that figure looks like.

Sorry, I am severely EU impaired. (Yes, on purpose)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #99 on: February 8, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Cool, now I have more of a reason to order that sweet $-Lom. I placed two order three days apart from tunghori as he posted new stuff. I am watching the numbers on these hoping new stuff will pop up.

I just received IG-97, Plo, Dep and T'Raa Sa from him. I am awaiting Kota dudes and Juno from him. I like to make these order more beefy. I hope some of the apprentice shows up along with more of the EU wave. This seller is going to be the collecting drugs I need to keep me occupied until some new shows up during the drought.

I am down for 2-3 of these and a 4-Lom but I will hold out hoping more show up. I may even pick up some more Kota trooper they look pretty cool! I really hope the apprentice head fits the older sculpts, it would be nice to have them all match.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 6, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Not sure if these have been posted. But here is the box sets available from our favorite ebayer tunghori.

set 1
set 2
« Last Edit: March 6, 2010, 02:33 PM by Jeff »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #101 on: March 8, 2010, 04:36 PM »
The Kota Militia Troopers is really cool. I have 5 and they look great next to Rahn. These sets cannot come fast enough as this horrible drought lingers on.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Is Hasbro planning to release these before the VC-takeover?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32 PM »
These should be out next month.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 09:56 AM »
hopefully before the coupon expires!  though I am betting it won't be...