Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85435 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2010, 08:30 AM »
I know no one has found these yet, but has any info come out on how much money each of these sets will be?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 10:53 AM »
The news about the 5/1 endcap plan at TRU has me wondering if the TFU multi-packs will also end up on that endcap...?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05 AM »
The news about the 5/1 endcap plan at TRU has me wondering if the TFU multi-packs will also end up on that endcap...?

Good theory! Maybe worth an inquiry upon my next TRU visit.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I could see TRU also making a push to get the last wave of comic 2-packs on that endcap, too.    Those have shown up a little bit at a time at TRU, but they would definitely fit in with this whole collector endcap theme.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2010, 02:20 PM »
I would be ecstatic if TRU did a planned store display to highlight their exclusives (TFU packs and EU TLC wave) since it would mean I'd have a decent shot at picking them up.  I don't have a TRU close enough that I can stop during the week and right now, even taking a drive on a weekend is out unless I know it's going to be productive.

Fingers crossed.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2010, 05:08 PM »
It would be nice to have this come out all together in quantity at a known time for convenience of finding it, but not so much for my wallet. That's going to be tough all at once.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Ya this is kind of a big exclusive dip with w13 and if these box sets come out on 05/01, but it'll be nice to finally put the Legacy line to rest.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2010, 11:29 PM »
I saw these at the Blossom Hill TRU in San Jose, CA today. $29.99 each.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2010, 12:44 AM »
You had to figure that some of these would leak out in advance of May 1st.  I've been checking over half a dozen TRU stores and so far no luck.  But then I'm pretty close to TRU's corporate headquarters, and the local stores are probably pretty concious of having someone from corporate just "stop by" only to see that they're not honoring the merchandising street dates.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I don't think corporate executives actually care enough to check out local stores even if they actually knew their was a case of toys that had a shelf date. That's someone a lot lower on the food chain's job if there was a position at all. I think store managers are pretty much left on their own as long as the store makes a profit. No one cares outside the store's stockboys.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2010, 09:08 PM »
I don't think corporate executives actually care enough to check out local stores even if they actually knew their was a case of toys that had a shelf date. That's someone a lot lower on the food chain's job if there was a position at all. I think store managers are pretty much left on their own as long as the store makes a profit. No one cares outside the store's stockboys.

...or us.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Huh, I saw these yesterday at (I believe) the Puyallup, WA store.  I hit a couple TRUs looking for the new Iron Man Minimates and stopped to look at these sets not realizing they hadn't been out for a while.  Not much of anything shows up here anymore, so whenever I see something new to me, I figure it's old news to everybody else.  I didn't buy them, but what I noticed was that the translucent Stormtroopers in both sets looked to be the same, where I thought I'd seen pictures a while ago where one was lighter and one looked kind of smokey.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2010, 03:00 AM »
Put me in the camp happy to hear these are only $30...  I really expected higher than that.  $30, not so bad considering what you get.  I was wanting 2 of each set too, so that eases some financial pains I was expecting there too. 

Can't wait to get those and the EU figures out of the way.  Then a nice casual Summer not spending money on gas hunting for stuff.  I can relax, maybe put a little extra into the house or something.  I need a new computer too, so maybe 2010's the year for that to happen actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Put me in the camp happy to hear these are only $30...  I really expected higher than that.  $30, not so bad considering what you get.  I was wanting 2 of each set too, so that eases some financial pains I was expecting there too. 

Can't wait to get those and the EU figures out of the way.  Then a nice casual Summer not spending money on gas hunting for stuff.  I can relax, maybe put a little extra into the house or something.  I need a new computer too, so maybe 2010's the year for that to happen actually.

$30 is good. I just hope we can find them now.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2010, 06:59 PM »
I saw these at the Blossom Hill TRU in San Jose, CA today. $29.99 each.

$30 is a steal. I was expecting $45 or so. I'll still get one of each, but it definitely takes the sting out of the purchase. Now I only have to track these sets down.