Author Topic: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)  (Read 85438 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: TRU Force Unleashed Box Sets (was Legacy Wave 14)
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Sal, I will buy the Maleks, I sent you a PM.

I was also lucky to get double sets at the sale price today.  These are a good value even at full price. (i like half better)

Outside of the Jump Trooper the rest of the imp troops I have no need for and will have them for trade/sale if anyone is army building. I have x4 Shadow Stormies up for sale and x2 Evo Troopers if anyone is troop building. All are $5 each.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:41 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I picked up two more sets so I could have four each of Kota's Militia, Felucian, Jumptrooper w/Backpack and Repaint EvoTrooper and now I'll have eight of the cloaked Shadow Troopers.

Since I now have four each of both Mareks, updated Juno and Proxy, I'm probably gonna bring in four of them to display on my desk at work.

I'm kinda glad TRU has the BOGO sale this week, otherwise I wouldn't have gone this far overboard with this exclusive.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2010, 02:48 PM »

I was also lucky to get double sets at the sale price today.  These are a good value even at full price. (i like half better)

Outside of the Jump Trooper the rest of the imp troops I have no need for and will have them for trade/sale if anyone is army building. I have x4 Shadow Stormies up for sale and x2 Evo Troopers if anyone is troop building. All are $5 each.

replied
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2010, 05:31 PM »

replied

PAID!
Thank you!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 1, 2010, 02:36 AM »
Are these showing up pretty much everywhere?  The only TRU near me is being renovated right now and they aren't really stocking much.... I don't know if they just haven't gotten them in or if they might not get them at all.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 1, 2010, 03:04 AM »
Are these showing up pretty much everywhere?  The only TRU near me is being renovated right now and they aren't really stocking much.... I don't know if they just haven't gotten them in or if they might not get them at all.

Out of the five stores I've hit in the last three days, only one has not had them.

All four of the others has had them and in varying degrees of glut - in other words, they weren't hard to acquire. I picked up five sets (so 10 pieces) between two store visits w/o any problem - I was actually shocked because I thought that with the BOGO going on right now, two box sets for $45 + tax which got you 10 figures would be selling like gang-busters, but I guess it all comes down to the characters in the packs. Most parents (and kids) aren't gonna know who these characters are.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 1, 2010, 09:10 AM »

Out of the five stores I've hit in the last three days, only one has not had them.

All four of the others has had them and in varying degrees of glut - in other words, they weren't hard to acquire. I picked up five sets (so 10 pieces) between two store visits w/o any problem - I was actually shocked because I thought that with the BOGO going on right now, two box sets for $45 + tax which got you 10 figures would be selling like gang-busters, but I guess it all comes down to the characters in the packs. Most parents (and kids) aren't gonna know who these characters are.

Pete, I think it has more to do with the fact that they just came out. (And you snagged them all up, LOL) Granted people can't get that deal now, but 5 figs for $30 is still a decent deal compared to single carded figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 1, 2010, 06:20 PM »
It will be very interesting to see how much of the stock on these and W13 is yet to come.  I sure hope they have more coming because they're all great figures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #158 on: May 1, 2010, 07:23 PM »
No wave 13, but I scored big on these today.  Got both sets for Buy one, get 1/2 off, and with a $10 off coupon, I got the sets and an Iron Man figure for $45.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: May 2, 2010, 02:42 AM »
Got my extra FU sets today.  They're ok...  Some really nice figures, but some duds too.  Those Stealth Stormtroopers are **** IMO.  The Evo and Jumptrooper (especially the Evo, as at least the Jumptrooper finally now has his jetpack) kinda suck as well.  To be expected, and for the price I'm happy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 2, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Thanks.  I took a ride out to the burbs today and came up empty handed at 3 TRU's... I did manage to finally find those Wal-mart Comic Packs though.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #161 on: May 2, 2010, 07:40 PM »
I went to TRU yesterday to try and score these as well as the EU wave.  The EU wave was gone (managed to get the alien Bespin Guard though) and there isn't even shelf space for these packs yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 3, 2010, 05:03 PM »
picked up set 1 which is decent imo,i mainly got it for the extreme conditions gear galen,but i also like the stealth stormtrooper as well,no eu wave yet,is it me or is this hobby gettin exhausting?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Am I the only one who was surprised to find the Shadow Stormtrooper is in both boxes?  I Thought there were 10 different figures across the two sets, not nine.  It's kind of a cool figure, though I'd rather have two Militia than two SS's.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2010, 07:10 PM »
There was something mentioned, I think maybe in a Q&A session, about the Shadow Trooper changing, but you're right Justin that a different Shadow Trooper (who had a removable helmet and baklava/ski mask thing) was pictured at (I believe) Toy Fair.

That figure may have shown up overseas as well, but was not in the set ultimately.

And yes, this hobby can be exhausting. :)  I'm a big advocate of pre-ordering what you can when you can, if you can...  I don't always follow my own advice on that though either, but usually our sponsor Entertainment Earth, or Big Bad Toy Store, come through on all pre-orders you put in... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77