Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2009  (Read 24819 times)

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2009
« Reply #90 on: August 5, 2009, 09:51 PM »
As Adam has share things get shuffle around alot at Hasbro.  I got to see some prototypes of some of the new stuff which I shared on the boards with others collectors a few months ago.  Some came to fruitation; others like the speederbike and walrusman did not.   About two years ago I  shared about the new dewback; at the time it was in development and there was alot of adjustment that Hasbro went throught before the final product was met.  There is alot protos that  Hasbro does not share with public; most of the the time they save them and put them when the time is right.  Remember most of the time when I find out or see it usually development stage. From there it usually take anywhere from 12 to 18 months to put it on the shelf.  Also I do not post for own self benefit. I do it for all us; because we ALL share a common interest: Passion of collecting  Star Wars!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 5, 2009, 11:44 PM »
I think that Hasbro is going to TRY to get the Twilight into that Deluxe Vehicle SKU.  I try to figure out what they're going to slot in that pricepoint and I have a tough time getting a wide range of vehicles for that range.  And if they were to do an all-new sculpt like the Twilight, I think they'd want to do it as a mass release item.

I don't think the Twilight would occupy the $100 vehicle slot.  At this point they seem comfortable doing ONE $100 vehicle per year.  They've done the Falcon which was well over that price, the AT-TE and now the Turbo Tank.  And it seems very obvious to me what next year's $100 vehicle will be based on comments at Comic Con.  I can't see Hasbro waiting until 2011 to do a Twilight at $100.  I think it's much more likely to be a $65 item that would be introduced at Toy Fair.

Long term, I don't know what kind of legs the Deluxe vehicle assortment will have.  We've only seen two vehicle offered so far, and only one is new.  I'm hoping we'll see something else that's new at some point.  But I also expect to see some reissues like the Republic Gunship, the B-Wing, TIE Bomber and the like at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 6, 2009, 10:51 AM »
My favorite thing show was the At-St hands down. However, I always enjoy see the new 3 3/4" SW product, so I can cheese out and say I liked seeing everything non-CW related.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: August 6, 2009, 12:39 PM »
My favorite thing show was the At-St hands down. However, I always enjoy see the new 3 3/4" SW product, so I can cheese out and say I liked seeing everything non-CW related.

I am with you man. While I do dig the Twilight i am so bored of Clone ****. A new Speederbike, AT-AT, Slave 1, Cloud Car, Rebel Transport, Snowspeeder, Tantive would really excite me.

The Tantive is a pretty damn Iconic ship to do at $100. While not overly aggressive it's a cool ship design that could very well appear in the animation. It spans both trilogies and has never had it's 1/18 scale day in plastic. It's a longer shot but seems to be a better vehicle bet than the Twilight in terms of appeal/popularity You would have more collectors buy that than the Twilight.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 6, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I always thought the Twilight would appear in the "deluxe" vehicle assortment as well.  I'm wondering about the future of that lineup as well, although lots of other stuff could always appear in the animation.  There are a lot of OT vehicles that could fit the bill there (or close to it), but it doesn't seem real likely.  It isn't often that OT ships see mass release at all anymore, heck the new AT-ST is even an exclusive.  I'm hoping the rumored/confirmed Snowspeeder next year is a mass release though, as I'd like a few if done well.

As far as the "big" $100 assortment, I'm fine with the pace of one per year.  I've seen the Turbo Tank a couple of times now, but have had to pass for the moment - but hopefully I'll be able to save up and get one before the year is up.  If there was two again, like last year, forget about it.  I do think there is the potential to get either an AT-AT or Slave 1 next year as the "big ship" though, and I'd be happy to pick up either one.  Otherwise, it will be interesting to see what we get in this assortment as well.  I think as long as they keep it at the $100 level (and not the $150 Falcon level) they can get fairly consistent sales around the holidays, so it might be something they would like to continue.  A Tantive would be great, but I just don't see it happening (unless it gets a lot of action in the animated series).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 6, 2009, 01:38 PM »
I'm hoping the rumored/confirmed Snowspeeder next year is a mass release though, as I'd like a few if done well.

I thought I remembered reading in a QnA that the Snowspeeder would be a in the general "starfighter" assortment.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 6, 2009, 01:42 PM »
I'm hoping the rumored/confirmed Snowspeeder next year is a mass release though, as I'd like a few if done well.

I thought I remembered reading in a QnA that the Snowspeeder would be a in the general "starfighter" assortment.

I thought I remembered reading that too, but I wasn't for sure.  That would be great to see after the last few years of only the small winged TIE and Vader's TIE Advanced making appearances there (from the OT).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 6, 2009, 03:34 PM »

That's where it appears to be slotted.  It's reportedly an all new Snowspeeder, so mass distribution would be a better avenue for Hasbro from a business standpoint.  And I think since next year is the 30th Anniversary of TESB they want to have a running theme revolving around Empire.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback