Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2009  (Read 24887 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2009
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 01:24 PM »
I'm anxious to see if the AT-ST is anywhere to-scale.  If it is, yay.

Beyond that, I'm curious for anything we've not seen/heard about already.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Well, I'm already miffed that the front page seems to be showing new figs each day...leaving nothing for Hasbro.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 01:54 PM »
At this point I'm wondering how much is going to get leaked just before preview night.

I am actually not bothered by this. Anything leaked is usually unpainted or grainy pics with little to no details. As long as they are making cool stuff to actually look forward to. Of what's been leaked so far I am very excited. I am actually hating SDCC because of the limited exclusives and the fact it's so overly mainstream now that it's considered cool by people who never cared. They sucked the fun out of it. Even when you go there there is just too much going on along with too many people and camera crews everywhere. In my opinion, it's not enjoyable anymore, the smaller WW shows are much more enjoyable to go to.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Comic-Con Q and A 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Not sure if there's even going to be one this year.  I think that they ran out of time last year, but I thought I'd start this up.---Mike

Q:  How come the Clone Wars figures, which have very few pack-ins and very low articulation, are the same price as Legends figures?  While being very well designed, they seem like much less of a deal.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:22 PM by speedermike »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Comic-Con Q and A 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 06:17 PM »
16 views and no one has a question?

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Could ask about the possible return of vintage style cards for next years line?  Im talking about the basic figure line (both clone wars and legacy) being released on vintage styled cards.  The more we hound them, the more likely it will happen!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 10:21 PM »
16 views and no one has a question?

I will make up for those 15 lazy lurkers (I actually count as two, as I lurked earlier but was going through the 4 O'clock stupids and could not think of a question) So feel free to edit the sarcasm, I am over tired due to my daughter being up all night:

1. With the trail off of sales in the Legacy line do you expect to do less waves in 2010 or just less production runs per figure. We know TFU wave was pulled back to see as an online set but will you be pulling back anymore waves to disappoint us further?

2.(Two part suggestion) Maybe sales would not trail off as bad if you actually spread the waves out instead of dumping them on in the beginning of the year and end of the year. The Spring/Summer mid-year lull does factor into the loss of interest as the out of sight, out of mind stipulation comes into play. Not to mention there is no reason to go on the hunt, so stores are getting less traffic which in turn means less sales. (Sometime we get desperate and will buy dupes to hold us over) Another aspect to consider is hitting the collector too hard at once, it's a turn off to our wallets so stop it already.

It really feels like an abusive relationship sometimes, you throw some love and attention to us then you take it away. When we are about to break up with you & leave, you throw us some sweet nerd pick'ns and we come back for more. So all we are asking is for some year round, even keel love. Sound good? It will hurt less and you can make more money or least more consistent money.

3. Saesee Tinn is great but he is quickly becoming the new Yarna/Bail/Brea clogging shelves. So unless Christmas is coming any sooner like Sears/K-Mart wants us to believe, it's going to be a horny summer on the pegs. If you truly insist he sells really well after the umpteenth release, perhaps you can refresh him with better articulation and an Electronic sound Torso with "bitch screaming" action to reenact the venerable Jedi's most pathetic death to Palps!

4. A long time ago in Q & A far away you mentioned the Cantina distillery was coming, what the hell happened to it?

5. The recent push back of the Cammie & Fixer comic pack due to tooling is a major disappointment to fans as we looked very forward to that pack, but we can understand so long as you plan to release as you say you are. But what you will never convince us of that we can understand is re-releasing the biggest turd buglers in the run of the Comic packs of the Marvel ones. You just released Luke and Han on single cards so they will still be somewhat available still when these hit. The packs you are repacking were on clearance at one point and rotted on shelves worse than Star Trek/Terminator........all right not that bad, but they did go on clearance and almost killed this wonderful SKU.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:27 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Even keel love.  I dig that, bro.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 11:59 PM »
3. Saesee Tinn is great but he is quickly becoming the new Yarna/Bail/Brea clogging shelves. So unless Christmas is coming any sooner like Sears/K-Mart wants us to believe, it's going to be a horny summer on the pegs. If you truly insist he sells really well after the umpteenth release, perhaps you can refresh him with better articulation and an Electronic sound Torso with "bitch screaming" action to reenact the venerable Jedi's most pathetic death to Palps!

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 06:15 AM »
Are you (hasbro) afraid of running out of characters in general to do from the SW films especially core characters like Luke, Han, Leia etc.  , like an example; The Empire Strikes Back, some of us can count with their hand of figures left to do from that movie, Hoth Luke is the only Luke left to do from this film.  and Han is I believe is finish completely (with the exception of Ceremonial Han from SW).  I am curious with you are going to expand further into Expanded Universe with Luke, Han, Leia with the film versions almost complete ?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Will you consider army building sets only? Meaning NO hero type figures. Kids and collectors alike can EASILY find those hero figures on single cards on pegs. Making available army building sets will help those who want to build up troops.

By troops I'm NOT just talking about clones (and this coming from a person who owns over 2000 (yes 2K) clones).

For instance here is a list of the following figures you can consider as troops:
Clones AOTC/Phase I armor (of course)
Clones AOTC/Phase II armor (of course)
Battle Droids  RED
Battle Droids  TAN
Super Battle Droids
Droidekas
Gungan Warriors
Geonosian Warriors
Stormtroopers
Snowtroopers
Scout troopers
Death Star Gunners/Engineers (since it's just a color swap)
Rebel Soldier (Like the ones on the Tantive IV from the original movie)
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Endor Rebel Soldier

These account for the most of the army building type figures. Have sets of 5, no hero or commander figures. Just solid troops. Don't mix up the troops in the package either as some prefer certain troops over others and would be bothered by having to buy more sets with some figures unwanted. Do not make us have to trade or sell those mixed figures off. It's something that keeps us from buying more of your battle packs as well as those heros/commanders for which we likely have carded.

Most importantly, since there would be virtually no research and development for these sets, kepe the cost low. No big fanciful window boxes. No big printed cardboard inserts. We army builders (including KIDS) don't want this. We just want TROOPS! Besides a smaller package means more can be put on the shelves!

Since most if not all of the suggested figures above have definitive molds use those. Not the lower articulated versions. Using inferior molds will also hamper our money being spent on these.

A 5 figure set should NOT cost more than $25, less if possible. Army building sets have long been asked for. Take advantage of that now while you still can.

I'm certain that there are even parents who shy away from the sets you put out because little Johnny already has a Yoda and won't need the one that comes with the clone set, for example.

...Okay, long question I know, so edit as necessary, and had it too them on paper. In fact all these questions should be given to Hasbro at SDCC. If there is no time for a QnA then we'll already be prepared for that possibility.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43 AM »
In fact all these questions should be given to Hasbro at SDCC.

Just an FYI that once again this year no one from JediDefender staff will be attending Comic-Con.  If you want to try to find someone who is going to ask your questions, go ahead.  Otherwise, the only thing we can do with these Qs is to save them for the regular Q&A sessions and use some of them there where appropriate.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Well damn...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 06:10 PM »
These are going to sound a bit snarky but here it goes....

Ask them why they can't correct Jango Fett's jumpsuit to blue?  Is it a factory level thing or what's up? Evolutions Fett was wrong.  The Saga Legends (or whatever the repack line is now) is wrong.  At this point it looks like the Wal-Mart sets are wrong to.  Unless they show a corrected version at the show. 

Is Bom Vimdin going to be released before 2015?  Granted we get cantina members all the time so it's no big deal but he seems pretty popular in the wishlists. 

Can we have a ANH Grand Moff Tarkin that does not look like the one from the ROTS line? I remember Tarkin being pretty popular when he came out during the POTF era.  He probably deserves an update as much as the Rancor Keeper does or the 4th version of Ten Nunb.

When are you going to make Nehbar Vebb from the Clone Wars?  If Captain Arygus gets a figure why not Vebb? 

Can you get the retailers to reduce the price of the action figures a buck at least?  A long shot but you might be able to sell even more figures with the lower price.  Wal-Mart manages to do well with that philosophy of lower prices than others. 

Could you get an SA Bespin Han Solo now that you released the POTF Mynock one?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Anyone interested can submit their questions here and we'll try to get them answered at the show! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!