Author Topic: Let's talk about Chicago  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about Chicago
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Thanks Jason!  That's very helpful as well.

As for Boystown, we're familiar with the concept, and it doesn't bother us at all.  In fact, while we were apartment hunting the other week, the parade was going on. :) 

We're very into the arts as well and it's one of the reasons Chicago tops our list.  My girlfriend is entering year three of her PhD program at the University of Michigan for Art History.  When she's done she'll either be teaching or working in museums and we know that Chicago is full of them.  She's been there lots of times, I've only been the one time a few weeks ago and the entire trip was spent apartment hunting.  So I've got plenty of exploring to do... 19 short days until the truck comes.

I started packing the toys up today.   :-X

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Thanks Jason!  That's very helpful as well.

As for Boystown, we're familiar with the concept, and it doesn't bother us at all.  In fact, while we were apartment hunting the other week, the parade was going on. :) 

We're very into the arts as well and it's one of the reasons Chicago tops our list.  My girlfriend is entering year three of her PhD program at the University of Michigan for Art History.  When she's done she'll either be teaching or working in museums and we know that Chicago is full of them.  She's been there lots of times, I've only been the one time a few weeks ago and the entire trip was spent apartment hunting.  So I've got plenty of exploring to do... 19 short days until the truck comes.

I started packing the toys up today.   :-X

Glad to help Rob - being that Wrigleyville and Halsted are next to each other I thought it fair to warn you as like I mentioned it could be a culture shock to those who have had no previous exposure.

As far as museums go, you're right there's a lot to see here. The Art Institute on Michigan ave, the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium, the Field Museum all just south of downtown, and of course the Museum of Science and Industry at 57th and the LSD. BTW the LSD = Lake Shore Drive, you'll hear that often.

Good luck with the move, don't forget to pack those loose figures tight!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 01:17 AM »
I know the NFL team in Chicago is Da Bears

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Da Bears!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16 PM »

That play in a building that looks like a UFO!

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 11:22 PM »

That play in a building that looks like a UFO!

that's so our alien overlords know where to land when the end times come. only a certain coach with a certain mustache and cigar from a certain midwestern town (by way of the steel city of course) can stop them.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 12:03 AM »
(by way of the steel city of course)

Thank you very much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77