Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227213 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1005 on: August 9, 2012, 05:19 PM »
I wish I could say I am shocked by what they have said the last couple of days.  Toy Guru said several weeks ago something to the effect of how if 2013 makes it, he would make sure the remaining vintage would be included in 2014, now he is backing off that statement and saying 2014 might only be 6 figures.  Why should we believe anything they tell us ever?  People were most likely buying subs based off of what he originally said about 2014 then after they get their 2013 quota, they change things up, asses.  You know they will be doing nothing but issuing threats about how the line is dying until they get their damn 2014 quotas.   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1006 on: August 17, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Guess I'll just ride it through to the end. Mattel did kind of screw themselves- the figures left from the vintage MOTU line have a lot of unique tooling. They really should have spread them out a little more. I guess they could sell more POP figures to offset then cost.

People must have forgotten about or didn't care to own Sir Laser-Lot. I just grabbed him and Grizzlor from Matty, two days after the sale started. Maybe these fan-created characters weren't such a hot idea after all.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1007 on: August 17, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Well if they hold true, there should be 2 more fully tooled figure reveals for 2013. As for 2014, I hope we at least get 12 figures and an oversize.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I'm trying to remember with all of the will they/won't they with the subscription for next year, but are Ram Man, etc. only available to subscribers, or is there an outside shot you can order one day of (if you are fortunate enough to get an order through).

For some reason, after getting out my childhood MOTU stuff, I've really been in a He-Man mood lately.  I've started trying to complete some of the vintage lineup that I was familiar with as a kid, or at least watching some things on ebay, etc.  I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Ram Man in Classics as well, and hope I'm able to get a hold of one.  I was looking back through this thread, and saw some of the pics Scott posted of his vintage lineup, and I wouldn't mind working toward something like that some day - at least the first two to three series of figures or something.  I still have all my figures from when I was a kid, but some are missing a few things after going through both my brother and I.  I was sort of looking for a more complete He-Man on ebay, and he seems to be one of the more pricey ones for some reason (or I just haven't searched very well yet).

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 11, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Ram Man will have day of stock, supposedly more than most since they know how in demand he is.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 19, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Still in love with this line!  Nice package coming this week - Mekaneck, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, and Snake Men 2 Pack.  Woot!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 19, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Oh check this out - deluxe DVD package coming out in Dec., $99 SRP:

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 20, 2012, 01:26 AM »
I already have all that on DVD already, but might bite on that for Grayskull thingie and the soundtrack CD.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1013 on: September 21, 2012, 12:08 AM »
I just really want the gold power sword but already have all the DVDs
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54 PM »
So, Castle Grayskull.

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2910

Also, Snake Face, Karatti, and Octavia were revealed at Power-Con.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17 AM »
They are doing the Castle the smartest and fairest way, at least we have a shot at this thing.  I wish they would do this for more vehicles too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 23, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Wow, Castle Grayskull, not sure what I'll do about this one.  It will be super expensive I'm sure, so that might price me out of it - but it really would be nice to have one.  I thought that after Ram Man was released, I may be done/content with this line - but that would be hard to pass up.  I do still have the vintage Grayskull from my childhood (although it could probably use a couple replacement parts), so I guess I could always use that as a display as well.  Either way, cool that they're doing this.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 23, 2012, 11:58 PM »
It's pretty expensive, but I'm seriously considering it, about as seriously as Mattel would, for what it's worth.

I would rather buy something like a MOTUC Battle Ram or Land Shark or Slime Pit, but I get why the want to get this out the door before the line ends. It's far more iconic.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08 PM »
I'm sure most people that hit this thread already have them, but for anyone who missed out or was waiting for a good deal, I see that Mattel is offering a He-Man/Battle Cat "Party Pack" tomorrow in honor of the 30th Anniversary.  Both figures for $30 total, not a bad deal.  Kind of like getting He-Man for free I guess (plus shipping I assume).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 12, 2012, 03:36 AM »
That's a good deal, but I'll be spending plenty there on Monday, what with Rattlor, the Ultimate Battleground Weapons Pak, and the King Grayskull reissue all being for sale that day.