Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227254 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2012, 09:20 AM »
I want to pick up a set or 2 for some customs but Monday is already expensive with the subs plus trying to get the weapons pack and a few reissues.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1021 on: October 13, 2012, 03:39 PM »
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2012_NYCC%2FMattel%2FMOTUC_Booth&pic=IMG_2033.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=19321

Wow, Castle Grayskull is gonna be huge.

Also, Clamp Champ and NA He-Man were revealed at NYCC today.

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=2012_NYCC%2FMattel%2FMOTUC_Booth&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=19321

Glad to see NA He-Man, and hope all three versions of NA Skeletor make it out before the line ends.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1022 on: October 14, 2012, 10:36 AM »
I am pumped for NA He-Man and tat they included the pony tail, can deal without the full chest armor, but really hope that they give us an alt helmet head.

Clamp Champ was a boring character when i was a kid and still is. Never cared if they made him, Ninjor, or RioBlast.

I woul dlike to see better pictures of the castle blue prints. Still dont intend to buy one but i wouldnt mind being enticed.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 14, 2012, 01:55 PM »
I think I'm going to go ahead and preorder Grayskull. The original was probably my favorite toy of all time, and this one looks just as cool even to my (supposedly) adult sensibilities.

I can see why people have a hard time with it. It'll probably be $300 after shipping. But maybe it'll be the shot in the arm the line needs to make it to 2016.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 14, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I'm so torn on this one.  It looks awesome, and there's a ton of time to save for it.  But, as noted it will likely be around $300.  And adding customs charged to bring it into Canada will probably push it to $350.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 15, 2012, 12:18 PM »
I'm torn as well, but I really would like to get one.  Even though we're going off blueprints, I have confidence that it will likely be pretty cool and nicely done.  Ordering/pricing problems aside, I can't say that any of the products have been crappy and my MOTU Classics are some of my favorite collectibles.  Honestly, if I preorder this thing, I'd really have to cut back or drop off other things I've been collecting to save up the money.  $300 is a lot for me to set aside for collecting these days, with Star Wars, Marvel, and now the Hobbit already on my radar.  I guess it looks like I've got until the end of the year to decide, so we'll see.  I've said it before, but if MOTUC was all you collected, you could really have a nice looking setup - and now Grayskull would be the perfect centerpiece.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 15, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Rattlor was already sold out by the time I got there this morning, but still got King Grayskull, the Weapons Pak, and Panthor.

I'd hate to collect the DC stuff- looks like most all of them are gone already.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 15, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Not sure how fast Rattlor went, but I managed to snag one.  I was happy to also finally get a King Greyskull.  Now I just need to figure out what to do about the castle. ???

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 15, 2012, 02:25 PM »
I think it's very cool that they're wanting to make this... if it goes over well, I wonder what the chances are for a Snake Mountain? 

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 15, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I still want to see Battle ram.  I loved the old one, and saw prototype pics of a new one show up a few years ago that looked fantastic.  Most of the vehicles I wouldn't care about, but I would love to see that one.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1030 on: October 17, 2012, 09:18 AM »
I've never been a vehicle guy, now or as a kid, but I loved the castles as a kid. Part of me really wants to order it now but I really have no idea where to put it if it actually happens. I so want snake mountain though...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1031 on: October 19, 2012, 11:45 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48 PM »
That is nuts. Can't wait for it.

I got my preorder in. $19.65 for shipping, which is OK since the thing weighs like twenty pounds. Noticed the release date is 12/11/2013. It's going to be a long wait, if it happens.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I'm still on the fence and trying to decide before the deadline.  On the one hand, I could just set aside a little bit each month and it wouldn't be such a hit come Dec. of next year.  I'm a bit wary because of the cryptic comment from Adam at GH a week or two back about "start saving for next year, trust me", unless that was relating to the Angry Birds nonsense.  I don't think I'll be buying quite as much SW, if the early waves are an indication of how much similar stuff we'll be getting (and with my increased focus on OT mostly), so we'll see.

Grayskull holds a special place for me since I had (have) the vintage version as a kid.  I didn't have much for larger stuff from the lines I followed (a couple of SW ships, both hand me downs and just the WHALE from Joes as far as bigger stuff), but for some reason my parents must have really took to buying the He-Man stuff as I had both Grayskull and Snake Mountain.  Had a lot of fun playing with that stuff, and being able to pick up this new (huge) version would be a nice capper to the modern line for me.  I think, once Ram Man is released, I'd be pretty happy with the collection (aside from maybe Two Bad and one or two others), and I'd probably be finished up for the most part.  Nice way to go out.  We'll see.  What we've seen so far (even foam models) look pretty great.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Looks like Mattel got all their needed preorders for CG, so game on. The preorder's been extended through January 4th if you want order one.