Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229773 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #270 on: August 1, 2008, 09:40 AM »
TNI has a gallery up of the upcoming MOTU Classics He-Man and Beastman, and you can also read Part 1 of an interview with Mattel brand manager ToyGuru over at The Fwoosh, where the line is discussed as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #271 on: August 3, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Spirit of Grayskull. It would have been nice to win.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #272 on: August 7, 2008, 09:54 PM »

Skeletor!

OK, I'm in now. The original Skeletor was my very first action figure, so I gotta have this one.
BTW, anyone have an extra regular King Grayskull to sell or trade?  :) Please?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 8, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Thanks for posting that Ben.  Skeletor looks great.  Despite the higher price per figure, I'm really excited for this line as well.  The fact that its just one a month, and I can get it online (hopefully without much trouble), makes it a little more appealing too.  The "hunt" for figures is fun and all, but anymore it seems that almost all of these lines (Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, DC, etc.) are so "blink and you miss them" that it becomes a lot of work chasing after several lines.

Anyways, the figures so far have looked great, and I'm looking forward to grabbing them.  If something changes budget-wise or whatever, I'll at least get He-Man and Skeletor.  If I'm remembering correctly, this is the rough schedule for the MOTU Classics line, right?

10/31 - He-Man
11/15 - Beastman
12/15 - Skeletor
1/15 - Stratos
2/15 - Mer-Man
TBA 2009 - Zodac

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #274 on: August 8, 2008, 03:23 PM »
I actually don't like it at all. Its the first one i don't like. The head / hood just looks all wrong. I hope this one comes with an alternate head.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2008, 02:36 AM »
I received the King Greyskull figures on Friday.  Unfortunately, both were the regular version.  Maybe that's not so bad though because I'm definitely going to keep one of these in the package.  I had no idea that the thing had sound and lights in the box.  The packaging is very well done.  I'm also going to open one up soon but that may take a while because I don't want to wreck the package.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07 PM »

I love this version. I hope they don't do more variants, it was hell getting this one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2008, 12:01 PM »
For anyone interested, ToyGuru mentioned in a post over at AFI that MOTU Classics Stratos will debut at He-Man.org on September 15th.  I'm kind of on the fence with this line.  I'd like to collect a lot of them, at least the ones I remember from when I was a kid, but the $20 price (before shipping) might have to keep me away.  I'll at least get He-Man and Skeletor, but I'm unsure about the rest at this point.  I really need to cut the budget down, and $20 figures won't really help that unless I can cut other areas out.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2008, 12:33 PM »
I noticed the He-Man.org has pics up of the upcoming Stratos figure from the MOTU Classics line.  They also have pics of both versions of Mer-Man (alternate heads), and further down on their front page they have a look at Skeletor that premiered in ToyFare.  Its also mentioned that the first figures in this line (He-Man and Beastman) are being pushed back to December now due to issues with the "removable armor".  Anyways, pics and details at He-Man.org.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Faker!
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2008, 01:09 AM »
Faker exclusive!

Neat. I don't know why I'm so excited, since I failed to obtain a KG, but anything from this line just makes me happy. Can't wait for December so I can buy He-Man and Beast Man.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Wow, that is pretty cool.  Hopefully he'll be fairly available for those who can't go to NYCC.  I'm back and forth on this line.  I'll definitely try to get He-Man and Skeletor, and part of me would like to get all of them (at least all of the characters I remember from childhood) - but they are a bit on the pricey side and I'm trying to cut back on things overall.  Its hard to say at this point, but I can already tell the line is going to be tempting with as nice as the figures look so far.  I guess I'm winding down on Joe and done with Indy, so that might help too, we'll see.  Thanks for passing along the Faker news, that's nifty.

I think this is what has been announced so far, right?

He-Man (Shipping Dec)
Beast Man (Shipping Dec)
Skeletor (Shipping Jan)
Stratos (Shipping Feb)
Mer-Man (Shipping Mar)
Faker (NYCC Exclusive/Shipping Mar)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:23 PM by Brian »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 3, 2008, 11:12 PM »
MOTUC packaging

I'm really not all that impressed. I was hoping they'd be packaged in boxes so these felt like a real collectible, but then again, I open everything, so it's secondary.

He-Man and Beast Man go on sale Dec. 1st. Mer-Man is now the figure for April 2009, since Faker is apparently the March figure. They better have enough to go around.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2008, 11:18 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59 AM »
He-Man and Beast Man review

Man, I can't wait for these toys.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I think they look pretty bad. I am less and less interested. Whats with the glassy face and red cheeks?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I like the looks of these figures so far too.  The only thing that really bothers me from those review pics is the glossy face on He-Man.  Like I said before, I'd like to go all out with this line - but at $20 a figure, I'm not sure I'll be able to.  I'll definitely try to grab He-Man and Skeletor, and I'd like to get a number of the other original figures, but we'll have to see what the budget will allow.