Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229269 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #300 on: December 19, 2008, 06:53 AM »
 :-[ These figures look so boring and dated next to the 200X sculpts.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I saw a few of the new He-Man and Beast Man at a collector show on Sunday last week.  They were $40.00 each, yikes. 

Looked really cool, but not worth more than $10 to me... plus the dealer was a bit rude.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »
not modern...but still pretty cool. Picked it up recently.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #303 on: January 6, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Received the MOTUC He-Man and Beast Man today, my Christmas gift to myself.

Greatest toys evar. Not quite worth $20 a whack, but when one considers that you have to buy anything of interest from Mattel online anyway due to crappy distribution, I'd rather have it this way than be at the mercy of retail. I got lucky with mine- no loose joints or wrong pieces, and they arrived in pretty good condition.

He-Man might be one of the best action figures ever made. It's great to have MOTU figures that can actually move. This line could be huge if it was an exclusive to TRU and not marketed squarely at adults.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I was just over at MattyCollector, and it looks like He-Man and BeastMan are no longer available - conveniently a couple days before Skeletor goes on sale.  That stinks for those who were hoping to save on shipping by ordering all three on Thursday.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44 PM »
So they'd wait six weeks to save $8? It's very hard to have any sympathy for anyone who did that. Besides, they only had a 'few hundred' so they wouldn't have gone very far anyway.

I've been reading around the toy boards, particularly over at Fwoosh, and a lot of them are talking that they're dropping the line when none of them has any figures from it.  ::) Mattel will never be able to catch a break, I think. I'd think people would be happy these are selling out, since that means there's an actual future to this line.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Man, that does suck.  Count me as one of the people who was planning on waiting till tomorrow to get he-man.  Part of it was saving on shipping, and another part was getting he-man and skeletor as a set.  It's my own fault - but I don't see myself ordering skeletor any more if I can no longer get he-man.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2009, 11:08 AM »
So they'd wait six weeks to save $8? It's very hard to have any sympathy for anyone who did that. Besides, they only had a 'few hundred' so they wouldn't have gone very far anyway.

I've been reading around the toy boards, particularly over at Fwoosh, and a lot of them are talking that they're dropping the line when none of them has any figures from it.  ::) Mattel will never be able to catch a break, I think. I'd think people would be happy these are selling out, since that means there's an actual future to this line.

Yeah, its too bad.  I've got He-Man and Beast Man so far, and I think they're great figures.  They may be a little bit overpriced, but they do seem to be quality figures.  I can't wait to get Skeletor, and the others on the way (Mer Man in particular) look pretty nicely done as well.  Mattel has made more than their fair share of mistakes, and still have problems with distribution in particular, but between DCUC and MOTUC (not to mention the character selection in their other DC lines), they really aren't doing such a bad job lately.  If you could just find the darn things.  That's where the online only thing works out ok, even if we have to pay $20 (plus shipping) for the figures.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Maybe they should have put a lower limit than 20 on He-Man Beast Man.  Hopefully, they have a lower limit with Skeletor because I imagine a lot more people will buy multiples in order to capitalize on them selling out.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Any idea what time they are supposed to be available?  I've decided to get Skeletor anyhow.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Skeletor goes up at noon eastern time.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Awesome - Skeletor has been ordered.
Now due to my previously noted slowness with He-man, I'll have to ask if anyone either has an extra, or just wants to get rid of thiers (loose is fine).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2009, 03:23 PM »
not modern...but still pretty cool. Picked it up recently.

I loved that figure as a kid, he reminded me of BravStarr's Horse. But looking at that picture....makes me uneasy. Man have times changed.

I just picked up He-Man & Beastman for $32 shipped form a guy on Hisstank, I am glad I did, they are really well done,m I am sorry I ditched my King Grayskull. It does seem phishy that they sold when as of yesterday they wer in stock. A guy at Hisstank said that they pulled the stock to sell at NYCC. That does make some sense since Faker is the big draw card.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Received my Skeletor from Matty Collector today. Either I won the packing lottery, or Digital River is learning how to properly secure these figures for shipment.

The figure is great. I got the drybrushed 'variant', I guess, if it can be called a variant. It really brings out the detail in Skeletor's face, so that's a plus to me.

Great figure. Still not really worth $28.70, but I'm glad to have it.  :) Bring on Hordak!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2009, 12:54 AM »
My new Skeletor arrived today.  It was well packed with foam around the package and a filler to keep it from moving around in the small box.  Luckily the shipping box didn't get crushed.  I received the yellow and green face version/dry brushed.  I'm still hesitant to open these up because they look cool in the package and stack well on the shelf.  Maybe I'll have an opening party someday.