Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227257 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2003, 04:47 PM »
Ugh....Fisto's been renamed...

Fisto Renamed

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2003, 10:57 PM »
Oh, I bet the .org is even a more vile place to be right now.

I found Roboto tonight. Too bad it didn't happen three weeks ago, when I might have cared about this find. I left it, something I've never done with a MOTU figure.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2003, 04:33 AM »
If anyone finds Roboto again or at all and you dont want him I'll take him.

The only place that carries He-man around here anymore is Walmart and they're stuck with numerous Orkos and Mekanecks.

Im stubborn and Im not giving up on this line just yet.  :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2003, 10:53 AM »
I agree, I'm not sure how much of this line I will be able to collect ($ and room), but Roboto was always my favorite character, and if anyone has one they don't want, I'll take one too :).  Its a shame this line is handled the way it is, doesn't seem like it has a whole lot of life left in it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2003, 05:07 PM »
I was shocked I left it too, because Roboto was one of my fave toys in my youth. But, I can't keep sending money to a company like Mattel, especially with their attitude.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2003, 03:00 PM »
Well I lied, I decided to finish out what I had as a kid if they ever make them...

That means I still need to buy

Evil Lyn
Roboto
Kobra Kahn
Fisto
Zodac
Clawful
Webstor
Stinkor
Spikor
Jitsu

I'll pass on Snake Men Rock Men and perhaps the Horde for now.  Which means I may be short just Spikor and Jitsu if the line makes it that long and rumored figures do come true

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2003, 03:10 PM »
I'm having a hard time forgetting about this line as well.  I have kind of been trying to since many others were quitting, I don't have a lot of extra spending money right now, and my wife isn't too crazy about me picking up another collection besides Star Wars.  I told myself I was only going to get Roboto (and maybe Skeletor) and not worry about the others, but when I see some of the other figures online, take a look at my (or others') vintage figures, or happen to catch the show, I sort of want to look into them again.  For now, I'll be happy with a Roboto though...he was my all-time fave :).  Nice collection by the way OCB.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2003, 01:00 AM »
Oh man, vintage MOTU. Most of mine don't even stand up, because  I played with them for hours on end. Of course, I never bothered to get the Slime out of the figure's leg areas, so that might have corroded the rubber bands over time.

I think with the money I've recieved for my modern stuff, I'm going to buy the Commemorative Series exclusive 5- and 10-packs. After that, since my LOTR collection is almost finished, I'm going headfirst into vintage MOTU, all the way.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2003, 01:59 PM »
Hm. I'm kinda starting to feel a bit of regret in regards to my modern MOTU stuff that is no longer mine. Eh. I'll see where the Snake Men takes the line and decide what to do from there, I guess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2003, 01:33 PM »
There's been a few casepacks reported at the .org for the Snake Men waves. Thankfully, most cases are weighed more towards the secondaries, but there will be solid cases of He-Man and Skeletor.

I guess if you don't own Roboto or Evil-Lyn yet, you're up the creek now.
 >:( Grr. Arrgh. KILL!!!! >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 3, 2003, 02:18 PM »
I sure hope that Roboto won't be impossible to find.  He was by far my favorite character as a kid, and I really like the design of the new figure/character as well.  I haven't bought any MOTU figures for awhile now, due to actually finding Star Wars in the stores and having a few preorders ship (as well as buying my first two LOTR figures)...so money has been tight, but I really hope the line continues.  I'd like to be able to pick up the figs from my childhood eventually, specifically Mr. Roboto :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 8, 2003, 10:11 AM »
From what I have read this morning at he-man.org, it sounds like the first signs of the Snake Men figures are showing up on ebay.  Zodac, He-Man, Skeletor, Mekanek, etc.  I never had Zodac as a child, but the character is pretty cool, and I like have they have updated him for the series/toyline.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: October 8, 2003, 12:26 PM »
Got a Roboto from an e-tailer, I way overpaid I think it was $25 after shipping but I have one and I am happy about it.  They also have Fisto Mister Fistington and Zodac up for preorder if you are interested

www.killertoys.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 8, 2003, 12:33 PM »
Thanks for the link OCB.  I didn't see Roboto on that site, but maybe I missed it or it is sold out already.  I really want to get this figure, and I'm trying to hold out overpaying for it too much.  I suppose I could justify it by saying that he's my favorite character, and it could be the only one I buy...so I could spend more..but I'm sure once I get one here and there like that, I'll eventually want all of the original characters.  Isn't that how it always goes? :) I hope it will show up in decent numbers at retail eventually, but I guess that isn't exactly the motto for MOTU :).  How do you like the figure...have any pics?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: October 8, 2003, 12:45 PM »
No pics yet but I was planning on getting some new ones shot of all my figs, stay tuned ;)