Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227753 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I ordered Stratos the day he went up, but haven't seen him yet.  Is anyone else still waiting for him?  I'm wondering if I should be contacting Mattel/MattyCollector?

It seems like shipping times really vary from what I've read from various places online.  I ordered the day he went up as well, and he arrived about a week to ten days later I think.  With the next release on the way next week, I would maybe contact them to see where he's at.  Did you get a shipping notice?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I ordered Stratos the day he went up, but haven't seen him yet.  Is anyone else still waiting for him?  I'm wondering if I should be contacting Mattel/MattyCollector?

Did you use UPS or Economy Postal for shipping? If you used the latter, you'll be lucky to see the figure before Faker goes up for sale, and I don't think you get a shipping notification with Economy Postal.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2009, 12:29 PM »
I have yet to recieve mine either, but I used Economy Postal and also live in Canda so judging by the last two figures, it takes roughly 16-18 buisness days for me, I'm hoping I'll recieve it before the end of the week. You do get a shipping notice for economy shipping, no tracking number though.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Actually I'm also in Canada, but my Skeletor arrived a lot sooner then this so I was starting to get concerned.  I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I did get a shipping notice a few days after it was ordered.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Faker is up for sale now. Just ordered mine a couple minutes ago.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, I totally blanked on that today until I saw your post.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2009, 03:26 PM »
I was ready to go right at noon for the Faker figure.  I ended up ordering 2 instead of the usual 1 of each.  I'm thinking,  I may need that second one to trade for a Stratos that I missed out on.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Stratos still hasn't showed, but I ordered Faker this morning.  Thought of ordering two, but with the current economy one will have to do.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Faker is already sold out.  According to the he-man.org forum they only lasted about 3 hours. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Oh man, Mer-Man is going to be a bloodbath if they can sell half a run of Faker in three hours.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Yeah, granted Faker was a little more "limited" figure - but between this and the faster Stratos sell out, this line seems to be picking up steam among collectors.  It is still overpriced, but I've really enjoyed what they have released so far.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I too am really loving this line, Masters of the Universe was the first toyline I really got into as a kid, so this is like a huge nostalgia trip for me. I just hope I can keep up with all the new releases, so far I've been able to order just as soon as they go on sale, but who knows how long I can keep that up....hopefully Mattel can increase the production runs according to demand.

And drewlam, my Stratos finally showed up last night, so perhaps yours will be arriving shortly as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2009, 10:03 AM »
MOTU holds a lot of nostalgia for me as well, and is a lot of the reason why I'm so interested in this line.  I never fully got into the 2002 line (although I really did like it), and sort of regretted it at the time.  I thought I'd start in on the ground floor this time around.  MOTU seemed to be what my parents/family would give me as gifts more so than any other toyline at the time, so I was fortunate to have a fairly good roster of figures, as well as Grayskull and Snake Mountain.  Although I was just as interested (or more so) in things like Star Wars, Joes, and Secret Wars/Super Powers, I seemed to get He-Man stuff more than anything else as gifts.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I'm like you guys- MOTU was my main thing as a kid. From 1984-87, it was the only thing I really cared about. Star Wars and TFs were side interests, and it wasn't until the later 80s that I really got into GI Joe, but that was because MOTU had effectively ended then.

I like these MOTUC figures because they remind of how I felt when I got these as a kid.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2009, 06:20 PM »
MOTU was THE toy line for me when I was a kid.  I was also big into Super Powers, but that was later.  I think I had pretty much everything from the first few waves.  I was getting out of it by the time Hordak showed up, but I always thought he was an awesome character.  When the re-releases were done a few years back I managed to get most of them (until the last wave or so), and I was sad they never got around to Hordak.
Looking forward to finally getting him in the new line.