Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229326 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Ordered mine smoothly for the first time in a while. It's nice to see a figure actually be in stock for a while for a change.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2009, 08:50 PM »
I just ordered Zodac about 8 hours after it went on sale.  I completely forgot to buy this figure this morning and luckily it didn't sell out.  I though for sure it would be gone when I remembered.  I'm going to have to put post-its all over the place on June 15th so I don't forget Hordak.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:50 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #407 on: May 16, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I ordered mine yesterday, and I'm surprised he's still in stock. It has everything to do with the character, I'm sure. I was really on the fence about this guy, but I figure that Zodac won't ever be making a return appearance if he does sell out.

I was disappointed to see that the subscription service does not include the June through August releases. I mean, what's the point of offering it then? I was going to get a subscription so I didn't have to go through the same stuff I went through for Mer-Man when it came time to buy Hordak.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2009, 10:40 PM »
i think Zodak not seling out may be due to a number of factors, one being the character choice himself. Second, there was an increased shipment for Zodac which wasn't split in two like it was for Mer-man so the demand didn't seem as frenzied and many people got more Merman's than they'd wanted due to the site bugs giving people duplicate orders. Some people got as many as 30 when they'd only wanted 6-10.....plus it has been speculated that the resellers got burned with Mer-Man, thinking there was more fan demand than there actually was due to the fast sell-out the first time due to the site glitches. Theres still a ton of these on ebay just sitting there. It's my hope that maybe the shipping increase coupled with the site glitch being fixed will mean there's enough Hordak to go around.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2009, 03:07 PM »
Webstor pics are up! I'm excited for this one, looks pretty cool!

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/05/new-motuc-webstor-pics.html#more-5043

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #410 on: May 27, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I got my Zodaks yesterday, he is pretty cool for a hairy lame character. I hope they do a wonder Bread He-Man now that they have the armor to do so. That would be a really cool repaint!

Hordak is going to be a bitch to order. I was ready 15 minutes prior to Zodak going on sale before all the lag kicked in. I thought they fixed that. This line is a real pain to order.

I passed on the subscription, I rather take my chances when they actually go up on sale before I commit.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 27, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I hear you on the subscription thing. If they'd have told us who the Oct-Dec figures are, I'd have been more inclined. That or if the service included Hordak, MAA, and Tri-Klops. Not really looking forward to June 15th.

I got my Zodac today. He's actually a pretty neat figure, for a lame-o. I had him as a kid, and never had much use for him. It's great to get a character in this line that doesn't wield a sword too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2009, 10:47 AM »
With all of Mattel's screw ups of this line and others  I could never trust them on the subscription service. I use to be a designer there so I can attest to the incompetence.

I agree with you, had they laid out who's who's and included Hordak I may have bitten. I will have my Firfox and explorer Windows open ready to order Hordak at 11am Chicago time when he goes on sale. I will get him one way or the other. After market prices have seem to cool off on this line for the exception of He-Man and King Greyskull so it's not as bad as before to get these if you missed them. The key is to wait. Look at Faker he was a an expensive figure then 2 months after his release you can get him for $36 shipped. Considering it's $27 shipped for a basic MOTUC figure that's rally not a bad price to pay. I do expect Hordak and Hero to be popular but in time Hordak will at least level out. Hero iis going to be a bitch to get.

I am working on some ways to get him as we speak for a normal price.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I went ahead and signed up for the subscription sevice...knowing at least 2 of the 4 figures is ok by me, I don't mind getting a couple surprise ones, that and I know I'm gonna be away on the sale date in November so I figure what the heck....not sure if I'll renew the subscription by next year though, I'll wait and see how seelouts go once the Sept-Dec stuff goes on sale, maybe they'll have hit the right production number so it's less of a hassle to get them by then.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 3, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Check out one of the accessories included with the upcoming MOTUC Tri-Klops figure, the Warrior's Ring.  I think this is kind of spiffy, as I remember those from when I was a kid.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 3, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Yeah, I saw that.  Wasn't it only the very first run of (original) Tri-Klops figures that included the ring?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 3, 2009, 02:12 PM »
He and Trap Jaw had the warrior rings, and like you said, only for their first run. I wonder if this ring is sized for adult fingers...

Also, Man-At-Arms includes a 200x-styled Power Sword as his secret accessory.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 3, 2009, 02:29 PM »
I hope you're not planning on actually wearing the ring, Ben.    :P

And what's the big deal with the Power Sword?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 3, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Well, I wouldn't wear it in public... But it seems daft to make it child-sized when it's not kids who are buying these.

And it seems weird that they'd offer the Power Sword without trying to sell a 200x He-Man with it. I guess it's great to get more accessories with these since they do cost quite a bit.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 6, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Kinda of an off topic item here, but has anyone who has purchased MOTU figures through MattyCollector been hit with credit card fraud recently?  I just got a call today that there's been a bunch of unauthorized activity against my account.  I don't use my card much, so I've been going through my last few months worth of statements to see where it's been used.  One of the (few) places I've used it is for purchasing the MOTU figures.
I'm not suggesting that this is the source - it could be anything.  But I figured I would check to see if anyone else who has bought the figures has ran into any issues.

Please let me know if you have.