Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227785 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #435 on: June 16, 2009, 01:09 PM »
Hardest figure to get so far. Luckily i got through, most wanted figure for me so far.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2009, 04:54 PM »
My understanding from the QnA's is that they won't be exact re releases of the original figures, but might come with different accessories or decos or packaging changes. We'll see soon enough I guess.

I'm sure they will lay out the details at SDCC. I hope they do vary in that way, maybe it will he will sport Battle Armor, Wonder Bread colors etc.

On another note I just read the Man-at-Arms bio:
For two centuries, the Eternian weapons master and combat instructor to the royal family has been called the “Man-At-Arms®.” Trained by the renowned tactician Dekker™ and a veteran of the Great Unrest, Duncan™ was asked by King Randor™ to step into this position and fortify his guard with an elite strike force, which he named The Masters of the Universe®. In addition to his skills in combat, Duncan™ is also a great inventor and helped construct an electronic version of the Power Sword® for Adam to use until he could unite both halves of the sword of King Grayskull™. Man-At-Arms® and his adopted daughter Teela® often scout the borders of Eternia® for signs of lurking evil.

I love the redundant use of TM's and R's. Whoever is writing these bios sucks Battle Cat balls and is disregarding the existing lore. Who gives a **** about 'real names" for Mer-Man and Hordak. Leave it at Hordak and Mer-Man, that's their real names!

I am loving these figures despite how much work it is to collect them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 17, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Yeah, there's really no reason why they should change the 'story' - 99% of these figures are going to adult collectors who already know the story.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2009, 02:26 PM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 22, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Teela is a pretty good looking figure.  I was looking at it in the case on Friday.  Didn't take any photos though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 14, 2009, 12:32 PM »
I realize this might be a lot to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here could order an extra Man-at-Arms for me tomorrow (if you are placing an order).  We are going to be out of town/away from a computer, and I'd really like to get this figure - and with the sell through time I figured it wouldn't be there anymore by the time we got back later in the afternoon.  Anyways, just thought I'd ask to see if I could work something out with anyone.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Sent ya a PM.

On a related note, have you guys seen this?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#MOTU_ArtBook

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2009, 01:04 PM »
WHEEEE RED SCREEN OF DEATH

You think with the $20 they charge for these things, they'd have enough money to buy a bigger server. If it takes me half an hour to buy MAn-At-Arms, oh boy.

Edit- well, I guess that wasn't bad at all. 11:07 AM central and I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 01:08 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Currently trying to order, without success.  It says it's available, but then gives a message at the top saying "We're sorry but a product in your shopping cart is currently out of stock and cannot be purchased. We apologize for any inconvenience."

But the item is still listed as available.  I want to get this line, but this is turning into more of an exercise in frustration then anything.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Yeah, I want the $50 book but I'm not willing to spend $150+ on ebay.

Edit:  Officially sold out.

:-\
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:13 PM by ruiner »

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2009, 02:46 PM »
This one sold out around the 40 minute mark, the fastest yet I think. I managed to get mine within the first few minutes thankfully. Fortunatley the next one, Tri Clops will have yet another increased production run, so hopefully there will be enough for everyone this time.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2009, 05:46 PM »
I order four (Me & my Bro) around 11:18 so I almost missed out as I forgot it was the 15th. I owe a Hisstank FYI a big thank you!
Cannot wait to the stash to arrive.

I found a good deal on guaranteed He-Ro at $34 a pop, I bit for 3 (Me & my Bro). I rather pay a reasonable premium than pay a ridiculous one. I wish I could get a book but I am already writing that one off as the run is a pathetic 1k. What's up with that?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 21, 2009, 06:28 PM »
Looks like Matty has posted some info regarding SDCC, as well as the subscription program for 2010 (Eternia Fan Club):

To put any minds at rest, we will have all items on Wednesday night preview night including the MOTU Art book. Also, sales on Wednesday will be limited to fans only. Vendors, exhibitors and professionals will not be permitted to buy anything on Wednesday night. You must have a Four Day (preview night) badge to purchase on Wednesday. Sales on Thursday will be open to everyone at the convention starting when the doors open. No one will be permitted to line up until the convention hall opens.

Also, the MOTU 2010 Subscription, or the Eternia Fan Club(tm) will go on sale on MattyCollector.com at 4:00 pm on Wednesday night. It will run for 3 weeks. The 2010 subscription will include the Jan. through Dec. 2010 figures. You will be charged each month and figures will ship each month. There will not be a "ship them all in Dec." option anymore. (due to very limited interest in this option in 2009). The subscription will not include bonus figures, reissues, or large scale beasts (like Battle Cat) as these items do not have a set schedule and will range in price.

In addition, this year there is a $20.00 sign up fee. For this fee you will receive a few goodies including an exclusive carded figure which will ship by March of 2010. This figure will not be sold any other way and is only available if you sign up for the Eternia Fan Club. You may buy as many subscriptions as you want and each subscription will include the bonus figure and other goodies.

We will reveal more details at our panel (including the bonus figure) on Friday at 1:00 in room 2, but if you want to purchase a subscription live at our booth, we will have Mattycollector.com computers set up. (or you can log in from home at that time).

See you at the show!

Matty

The removal of the "combined shipping" option kind of stinks, as you can't really save on the shipping now.  I'm on the fence with this one.  Although I've bought all of the figures so far (aside from the exclusive King Grayskull and possibly this week's He-Ro), I don't know that I always will.  I always planned on getting the characters I remembered from my childhood, but to be honest I was sort of getting out of He-Man by the time ones like Grizzlor came around if I remember right.  Then again, with the hassle and quick sell outs these last few figures have been, it might be worth it to just sign up and throw any figures I may not want on ebay.  That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing some new figures from this line at SDCC - I'm still really enjoying the line, aside from the high prices.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:31 PM by Brian »

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 21, 2009, 07:15 PM »
I'm on the fence too, partly because I'm not sure how completist I'm willing to go, and partly because Matty still hasn't specified whether or not you can change the shipping address of the subscription service, since I move in July. You'd think they'd be able to.....but they can be somewhat behind the times when it comes to things like this....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I think I might go for the subscription this time. I wasn't able to for the rest of this year, since I moved in June, but I figure I could easily sell the ones I don't want next year, if it's too heavy on PoP. I'm kind of curious about the exclusive figure offered with it, especially if it turns out to be King Grayskull.

I received my MAA today. The collection is really getting good now, but I do wish these weren't such a pain to get. I'll be on a plane back from Phoenix when Tri-Klops goes on sale, so I don't know what to do there. Odds are he'll be sold out by the time I get home.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk