Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229571 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2009, 12:43 PM »
Nice and easy ordering on Scare Glow this morning. I logged on at 11:40 and was done by 11:42.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I'm not sure yet if I successfully ordered my he-man (missed him first time around).  I placed the order, and it seemed to hang.  I ended up getting a confirmation screen with an error message on it.

I did get the confirmation email though.  But when I try to pull up the order info on the website using the order number, I get an error message.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2009, 07:03 PM »
The He-Man re-release has sold out.  I decided not to buy this because I have the first release.  Was tempted to buy another but passed.  Maybe someday they'll have another in a 2-pack.  I would have been more likely to buy this if I could include bonus figures iwith my subscription order to save the double shipping charge.

I did get a order confirmation for my sub. Scareglow last night so that should be coming soon. 

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Got Scareglow and He-Man ordered within seconds this afternoon.  Smoothest yet!

Then I found DCUC 10 in full on my lunch break.  :)

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 17, 2009, 12:04 PM »
The He-Man re-release has sold out.  I decided not to buy this because I have the first release.  Was tempted to buy another but passed.  Maybe someday they'll have another in a 2-pack.  I would have been more likely to buy this if I could include bonus figures iwith my subscription order to save the double shipping charge.

I did get a order confirmation for my sub. Scareglow last night so that should be coming soon. 

I was half tempted to get another He-Man (just for the desk or something), but held off for the same reasons.  If I could have included it with my subscription order to save the shipping, I might have done it.  That is the one problem with the "bonus" figures each month, unless there is a way around it that I am not aware of.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 17, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Ordered both yesterday.  I went online a few minutes after they were put on sale and had the red screen o death for about a minute at a time, but otherwise, everything went through.  Got my first e-mail but the shipping one hasn't come yet.  Crazy that both are already gone.  Hopefully Matty will offer HM and Skelly on a periodic basis because those are the two that will most likely always sell.  I missed Hordak the first time and I hope he will be offered again. 

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #531 on: November 20, 2009, 03:38 PM »
OK, it took me 20 seconds to order the figures, and yet five days later they haven't even shipped yet?  :|  Anyone getting their Scareglow & He-Man yet?

John

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 20, 2009, 08:48 PM »
They shipped the subscriptions first this time.  I received Scareglow today and they shipped it out on Monday.  Last month they shipped the subs 1 week later.  Maybe the 1 week later scenario is what they're doing for non-sub orders this time.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 20, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I still don't have a shipment confirm from Matty, however I checked by reference # at the UPS site and mine shipped on Wednesday, and will be here Tuesday. I'd recommend doing that to see if it's shipped yet.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 22, 2009, 02:34 PM »
My Scareglow and HM should be here Tuesday.  Hopefully Scareglow has his key.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Received my Scare Glow yesterday. Luckily, he was complete, having the key inside the reliquary. This figure is great. It was the first figure I had-to-have since Hordak, and he doesn't disappoint.

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #536 on: December 3, 2009, 09:57 PM »
I adore the MOTU Classics figures, they are some of the best looking figures ever.  However I despise Digital River who does the CS for the mattycollector.com site. I had problems ordering some of the early figures (despite the fact that I placed orders right when they went on sale) so I ended up having to go to ebay to get those. So to avoid future problems I purchased a subscription that worked ok for the first two figures but then for Scareglow there was a problem that after talking to twelve people and finally getting a supervisor that could do something, was explained as being a problem with their system which had cancelled my subscription so she helped me order one over the phone.  Great! But that wasn't it.  Then checking my bank account I see two charges and find out that they had duplicated my order so now I was getting two. So I called them back to get an RMA and wanted them to pick up the charges for having to ship it back since it wasn't my fault.  They wouldn't do that but they would do a refund without return meaning I can keep the figure and not pay for it. Great! But not really since they only refunded the 20$ for the figure not the charge to ship it to me.  I guess overall getting an additional figure for 9$ is ok but he's not a figure that I want two of. . . .   I hope to all that is holy that next year's subscription works ok because dealing with Digital River CS is the biggest nightmare I have ever had dealing with any company.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 3, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Yeah, theres dozens of horror stories dealing with those guys. Every sale date I go lurk around the He-Man.org forums  and theres always at least one person posting about digital rivers incompetence, and it's always for the simplest of things.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 4, 2009, 10:30 AM »
The pics of Battle Cat are on Matty.  I will have to try and pick one up. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 14, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Evil-Lyn revealed!

Glad to see they went with the yellow-skinned Lyn instead of the 200x pale version. Though I'm sure that will be a bonus figure in a few months anyway.