Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229118 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #630 on: February 16, 2010, 12:35 PM »
OK, today was my first bad experience.  Got all the way through with Man At Arms, Battle Cat and The Joker and it told me I couldn't proceed because "something" was no longer available...but didn't tell me what.  I went back to the offer page and it said everything was still available.  The short of it - after several tries, lots of waiting for the server and trial and error I finally got Battle Cat and The Joker.  But that was after sitting on the final screen for over 20 minutes.

Even better - I decided to go back to the main page and saw that Man At Arms was still available.  :|  I thought what the hell, I'll try to order it again.  Sure enough it went through.  So even with the discount code I ended up paying a total of $12.85 shipping for all three items.  >:|

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 16, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Wow, that stinks.  That's where I Would draw the line and call customer service about fixing the costs for your order.  They should be making this stuff easier for collectors to get - not harder!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 16, 2010, 12:56 PM »
OK, today was my first bad experience.  Got all the way through with Man At Arms, Battle Cat and The Joker and it told me I couldn't proceed because "something" was no longer available...but didn't tell me what.  I went back to the offer page and it said everything was still available.  The short of it - after several tries, lots of waiting for the server and trial and error I finally got Battle Cat and The Joker.  But that was after sitting on the final screen for over 20 minutes.

Even better - I decided to go back to the main page and saw that Man At Arms was still available.  :|  I thought what the hell, I'll try to order it again.  Sure enough it went through.  So even with the discount code I ended up paying a total of $12.85 shipping for all three items.  >:|

John

Man At Arms was the culprit most likely.  He was the figure giving me the same problem you described.  I also had to place two orders to get my stuff.  I ended up with 2 BC, 2TJ, 2MAA and an order of stands.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 16, 2010, 01:23 PM »
With Battle Cat and Trap Jaw sold out now, you guys would probably have little trouble pawning you're extras off to someone. From the looks of the boards there's a lot of people pissed off about missing them.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 16, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Did anyone use my promo code and if so did work? 

I'm really feel relieved that I skipped buying anything today.  Digital River and Mattycollector need to sell on ebay, amazon or something.  Those sites can take the beating.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #635 on: February 16, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I used the code and it worked fine.  Only paid $4.15 for shipping on The Joker and Battle Cat.  Unfortunately that was negated by the Man At Arms incident.

J

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #636 on: February 16, 2010, 05:31 PM »
Holy Big Hairy Battle Cat Balls of white screen pre-sold out Man-At arms mess!!!

What a disaster today. This by far was the worse it's ever been.and I actually said that not too long ago. This debacle today, with out a doubt, takes the cake. Amazingly, I was able to get my order through a big ordeal. It only took 37 minutes, never received a website order confirmation after the checkout, all the while being stuck in a white screen limbo not knowing what happened & then was logged out in the process! My stomach dropped many times and somehow after all of that, I ended up with more BA's plus got a nice surprise on shipping. I feel l earned it after this experience.

Quick back ground:
- I have 3 subscriptions which this is part of (2 for my Brother and one for me. )
- I usually buy a double for me unless I am not into the character, 1 to open and 1 to keep packaged.
- I have a good system for ordering where I am logged in before hand with several windows opened with quantity filled in of what I want.
- I recently starting ordering for my friend to split shipping expenses three ways.
- That same friend is on standby via phone on his computer with his checkout ready to rock in case I have trouble as a fail safe. (Pretty sad when you think about this is the extent one has to go to order toys, expensive ones at that!)

So today we are both ready at 10:50 central time to order this crap. It took a few minutes but I went down the ordering row of: BA, TJ, Stands and then MAA. No dice on MAAs, when I got to him I had the same issue of being told that he was sold out. I surmised you can get him for a fair $25 price on eBay so I opted to move on and not lose the new more in demand stuff. When I get to the checkout page I entered my promo code, it worked fine. Then I went to click the checkout......I get an error message! Yeah, they changed my CC to an old one, changed my shipping address to my old one (Which for those who read my recent post I supposedly straightened this out last week!). I then was logged out during a new White screen of Death. Somehow I was able to get back in re-enter my info twice, my cart was preloaded and I hit check out with it taking so long I never got my Matty website order confirmation and was booted off again! Luckily as that crap was going down I checked my PayPal account and it showed my order did indeed go through but at a much higher price. I checked my email and I got a confirmation email so I knew I was clear. But…...

here is the kicker, NOT counting my x3 2010 subscriptions  my total extra order need for the day was:
- 5 Battle Cats
- 2 TJ
- 3 Stand packs
- 1MAA

What I ended up with was:
- 7 BATTLE CATS
- 2 TJ
- 3 Stand packs

Somehow my shipping cost for all of that $8.60!!! So after all of that crap I made out pretty good as those extra BC's will help pay for my stuff. here is my order receipt:

It astounds even me, a former Mattel employee who knows first hand how slow they are to react, how after all this time this website is such a mess. The mental pain it causes their customers and the lost sales to the company is a formula for immediate improvement yet we see none. But just like Star Wars Collecting, we come back like the addicted abused spouse for more punishment every month!

The Matty Facebook page should be interesting to see the fall out from this.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:36 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 16, 2010, 05:48 PM »
You ordered 7 Battle Catz?!   ???
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #638 on: February 16, 2010, 05:51 PM »

JJ my man, if you read the post I only wanted 5. (I split between 3 peeps.)
Read the post, explains everything including the uber low shipping.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 16, 2010, 05:53 PM »

JJ my man, if you read the post I only wanted 5. (I split between 3 peeps.)
Read the post, explains everything including the uber low shipping.

I read your post and get that 2 were for others.  That still leaves you with 5, which I don't get.  I'm a fellow one-carded, one-to-open collector - are the other three just trade bait?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #640 on: February 16, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I read your post and get that 2 were for others.  That still leaves you with 5, which I don't get.  I'm a fellow one-carded, one-to-open collector - are the other three just trade bait?

Quick back ground:
- I have 3 subscriptions which this is part of (2 for my Brother and one for me. )
- I recently starting ordering for my friend to split shipping expenses three ways.

Split with 3 people: 2 for me, 2 for my bro and 1 for my friend. That's where the 5 comes in. Does that clear that up?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 16, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Split with 3 people: 2 for me, 2 for my bro and 1 for my friend. That's where the 5 comes in. Does that clear that up?

Not really...

What I ended up with was:
- 7 BATTLE CATS

You ordered 7, so still two unaccounted for.   ;) 

It's not a big deal to me regardless - don't mean to quiz you on it or anything.  I was just initially curious why you would need/want that many BCs. 

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I believe the final 2 Cats of 7 were mistakenly added to his invoice.  Something happened and Digital River blessed him with 7 instead of 5.  At least I think that's what happened.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #643 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58 PM »
I believe the final 2 Cats of 7 were mistakenly added to his invoice.  Something happened and Digital River blessed him with 7 instead of 5.  At least I think that's what happened.

Correct!

spiderpumpkin wins the Battle Cat Math challenge! ;) (Sorry there is no prize but you have my sincere appreciation)

Here is why I ordered 5:
Me -  2 Battle Cats (1 to open, 1 to keep packaged)
My Brother - 2 Battle Cats (1 to open, 1 to keep packaged)
My friend - 1 Battle Cat to open
-----------------------------------------------------------
5 Battle Cats.

Matty added two more to my order which I did not ask for and charged me A VERY LOW SHIPPING PRICE. That's how I ended up with 7 which is cool because BA is going for $75+. So I can pay off half of the order with them, I am very ok with paying 50% of the price. Today's offering were too much (TJ, BA, MAA and stands). I liked this line better with 1 figure a month with the occasional bonus figure thrown in as well as reissues. I pay for my brothers figures so this gets very expensive for me. I do this by choice so this little windfall is welcome.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:01 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #644 on: February 16, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Well i got my Battlecat and stands order in. Took forever to get the order in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"