Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 229048 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #645 on: February 16, 2010, 10:48 PM »
"Ah, I see" said the blind man to the deaf dog.   ;)  Congrats on getting your spares at such a low cost then!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #646 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30 AM »
"Ah, I see" said the blind man to the deaf dog.   ;)  Congrats on getting your spares at such a low cost then!

BARF!
all good my friend, sorry if I did not write that clear enough.

Anyway that website is a disgrace. At least next month should be smoother as it's just Mossman and Stratos reissue. I can care less about ears being flocked. I cannot see the ordering being as bad as this month. But when you are dealing with Mattel you never know.....

I cannot wait to get Battle Cat in hand, he looks amazing! This figures are really worthy the aggravation. It should not be this hard but they are very well done.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53 AM »
I have an order confirmation email but after asking CS if they could apply my $8 coupon (it didn't work during the chaos), they said they had no record of my order.

So really, I have no idea if I got a Battle Cat or not.

I am not surprised.

Nice way to treat a subscription member.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 17, 2010, 10:22 AM »
I saw this morning that Matty announced that both Trap Jaw and Battle Cat are going back into production, to be available again (not sure when).  Good news for those who weren't able to get an order in during the chaos yesterday.  Again, you would really think after this happening every month, they could upgrade their hardware and get this to be an easier process for everyone.

I didn't order any of those stands, but I was tempted to.  They do look kind of spiffy.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 17, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Bottom line is, they don't care about fixing their problems.  They are too cheap.  The RSOD/WSOD should be fixable with a server upgrade.  But, the site works all but one day out of the month.  The shopping cart problem should likewise be an easy fix for a decent IT person.  They still sell out of new product each month in record time.  They will not change anything until it all blows up in their face, which it will eventually.  Then they have the balls to say they are focusing more on subs.  Great.  How does that help those of us who missed out on that short window last year?  Why don't they offer a six month sub for July to December if they are so horny for subs?  I know I would do it just to avoid the issues on the 15th.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 17, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Offer a sub that includes all figures and combines shipping.

That would solve a lot of problems.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30 PM »
It's looking like they plan on offering an all inclusive sub next year, but that still doesn't help the current problems. According to a statement made today they will be increasing production levels again, but it won't actually come into effect until June's figure.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #652 on: February 17, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I been with this line from the beginning and have bout doubles for most to have 1:1. (Not sure why at this point.)
I signed up for 3 2010 Subs to get Wun-Dar and I have ordered at least one of the Bonus figures. I reluctantly bought a Goddesss and a 200x Zodak. Seeing what's coming on the horizon I am not at all jazzed about Optikk, but I am stuck with getting him. I am passing on the Mol-Ar & DC packs. Depending on what the other SDCC exclusive is I may pass on that too. So now my whole aspect of open/package is kind of out the window.

With the 2011 looking like it will include bonus figures I will definitely not be buying 3 subscriptions. I will just buy 2 with one being my brothers. What really sucks about this is there should be an option where you can add stuff to you sub before hand. Subscription members should have more privileges like first dibs. After all we are committed to buying this crap. While this can be a slight improvement to include bonus figures what happens when you want more than one pack of stands, you will still wind up paying too much for shipping.

I really like the story behind the Ape figure Gygor. The new rendition is very true to the mythos.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 17, 2010, 11:31 PM »
I've cut way back on MOTUC.  I was a completest until December when I skipped Green Goddess. 

Then in January I received the subscription Adora and bought Battle Armor He-Man.  However, before I received Adora and BA HM I read reviews and started to regret buying those two.  Once I received them I didn't even open the mailer to see what they looked like and instead promptly sold them on Ebay with my Zodak bonus figure.  I didn't break even but was glad to get rid of those three. 

Then this month I blocked Matty from charging my February Trap Jaw sub figure so hopefully they cancelled my subscription.  This probably means I won't get Wun-Dar and be out $20 but I feel relieved that I may be out of the 2010 subscription.  I was actually hoping that Wundar would ship in February before blocking Matty from charging me.

Next up I'm going to sell Randor and He-Ro and keep everything else from 2009.  I'll probably pick up Trap Jaw and Battle Cat later because those two are very cool.  I can live without Wun-Dar but would have liked to get one to sell to recoup some of the subscription/bonus extra shipping. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Yeah, as much as I am still enjoying the line, I've started cutting some out too after having pretty much all of them starting out.  I think the only "bonus" figure I've bought so far was the BA He-Man (and now Battle Cat), and I don't know if I'll buy too many going forward or not.  I've got the subscription through this year, but I'm not sure if I'll be doing that next year or not.  I guess it depends who is all left, the budget, etc.

I still think the line looks great (although still a tad overpriced), and the problems with Matty's website are really getting old.  I'd like to continue on and get all the characters I either had as a kid or was at least familiar with from the various shows/comics - but if I haven't really heard of them until now, I pass (like Green Goddess and these new larger figures coming later this year).  That being said, we basically know the lineup through fall, and there are still a lot more that I'd like to see.  Aside from the seperate shipping when you order a bonus figure, the subscription takes a lot of the headache out of ordering days.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #655 on: February 19, 2010, 02:23 PM »
spiderpumpkin , you should have held out for Wun-Dar crazy Masters fans are paying $100+ for him alone. It's crazy, why not just buy the damn sub if you are willing to pay that much? BA and Adora were actually some of the best figures in the line. Zodak 200x and Green Goddess are very easy passes. I may start thinning like you but not yo that degree yet. I do not regret the subs I almost went for 4. It's insane, but my brother and I grew up with this line and we played with this more than we ever did with SWs. It really is an emotional nostalgia for us to collect this line. However Mol-Lar, DC 2pks, Optikk, Count Marzo even Keldor to a small degree (I

Please keep us posted on what Mattel does with you blocking them. I am curious if they would go after your credit report or something crazy like that. While nothing was signed who knows what is in that legal mumbo jumbo.
Like Brian I'm not sure if I will commit to the 2011 Sub. I will be cutting back going forward.

Love the line but SW comes first!

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #656 on: February 19, 2010, 03:01 PM »
There's no way I'm doing a sub in 2011.  There are still plenty of good characters to be made but seeing some of the upcoming offerings (Mo-Lar, Optikk, Marzo) I have concerns about what I'll be comitting myself to next year.   Paying double shipping is ridiculous and if the sub-only figure next year is as lame as Wun-Dar I'll again have no interest in it.  I was thinking about just selling Wun-Dar but I might end up using it as a giveaway on my site. 

John

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #657 on: February 19, 2010, 04:46 PM »
There's no way I'm doing a sub in 2011.  There are still plenty of good characters to be made but seeing some of the upcoming offerings (Mo-Lar, Optikk, Marzo) I have concerns about what I'll be comitting myself to next year.   Paying double shipping is ridiculous and if the sub-only figure next year is as lame as Wun-Dar I'll again have no interest in it.  I was thinking about just selling Wun-Dar but I might end up using it as a giveaway on my site. 

John

Wun-Dar is awesome! He the only reason I went for the sub. He is the only figure missing in my brothers collection. C',on he comes witha loaf of bread!

I am with you otherwise about the 2011 sub. They jumped the shark more than once this year. I am already pissed about being committed to Optikk, I hope they do not have more lame B-Characters on tap. Marzo is ok but reminds me of Castlevaina too much.

Oh, I also want to note that those damn bios continue to make me angry. The guy writing them is just making **** up on the fly and ignoring the already established storie lines of the characters .On top of that he is giving the them the crappiest names that the mind can imagine. Optikk blinks his name??? How utterly stupid. After all of the great names like Squidish Rex and Hek-Tor I was expecting Ira Ballberg for Optikk's "Real Name". At least they threw me off this time.

We should have a monthly contest here for upcoming characters to "Guess their crappy real name". I am not sure if Moss-Man's bio has been released yet but I will take a guess at his name. Moss Man :Real Name - Smellikia Pinewin

(I am still quite happy with just calling them Moss-Man, Mer-Man and Hordak etc.)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 19, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Wun-Dar completely sucks, bro!

You do know he was never officially produced, right?

But I am with you on the names - there's no need for it.  And what's up with that HORRIBLE logo on the Optikk package?  The design is completely contrary to the MOTU look and feel.

The marketing folks are getting too cocky (and lazy) with this line.  You have to treat it with the utmost respect, otherwise it will blow up in your face like the 200X line did. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2010, 07:12 AM »
How's he blink his name with no eyelids?

This line has tempted me on more than one occasion and that's just from seeing the figures online.  I haven't actually seen one figure in person yet.  I'm glad I've been able to resist.  I wouldn't have been a completist and just would have gotten the characters from the original line, but 8 minute sell outs on characters like Trap Jaw makes it an easy decision.
Common sense isn't so common