Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227771 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #750 on: June 1, 2010, 11:14 AM »
LOLZ.  Your last question just put it over the top.  Solid!  ;D

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 11, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I think that Mattel billed this as a first look but I'm not positive.   The September MOTU figure is Chief Carnivus. 

Photo:  Chief Carnivus

Also check out my Twitter feed for other Philly Comic Con photos and upates: twitter.com/ImpHolocron

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 11, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I'll be saving some money on MOTU in September.  Not getting Carnivus or Gygor.  I'll just spend more on Star Wars.   ;D

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 12, 2010, 01:05 AM »
I was very meh when I heard about Carnivus likely being in the final four for this year, and pretty much expected him to be the reveal today. That said after actually seeing him I'm completely turned around, I love how it turned out and am looking forward to adding him. it'll be nice to have another non human in the ranks of the good side. So far the good guys are rather plain compared to Skeletors group of wierdos.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #754 on: June 12, 2010, 01:31 AM »
I know this guy is 200x, but I can't for the life of me remember him. This line has pretty much lost me anyway, so whatever. I'm still wondering where Roboto and Man-E-Faces are.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 14, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Oh, you won't see them until the very end.

No interest in the Lion King and not looking forward to tomorrow's bloodbath of Faker, She-Ra, and Keldor.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #756 on: June 14, 2010, 06:22 PM »
I cant wait for Carnivous, looks awesome.  Keldor is going to suck tomorrow.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 14, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm still sort of debating on whether or not to go after Keldor tomorrow or not.  I'm also not sure what to do about the subscription for next year and all that.  I still really like this line (just recently re-arranged them on a shelf), and think it is of good quality, but the price does still sting a bit and we're getting more and more characters I'm not necessarily sure I need or want.  Like Ben mentioned, I really want Roboto and Man-E-Faces as well, but I'm guessing those won't be any time this year or soon.  There's a few others as well (Stinkor, Two Bad, Panthor), but otherwise I don't know that I "gotta have them all".  All that being said, after setting these up recently, it really is a well done line and I think that Battle Cat is one of my favorite things in the collection.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 15, 2010, 08:05 AM »
It looks like the findmyorder trick has been done away with.  Just found out from a guy on Facebook.  You go in through that site and it now tells you that you need to go to Matty's site to complete your order.  Any stuff you add to the cart on findmyorder doesn't stay there.  Jackasses.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #759 on: June 15, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Well got the coming soon screen way past noon, Keldor kept disappearing, but my order for him finally went through.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #760 on: June 15, 2010, 12:22 PM »
My buddy got my Keldor order through. It took forever just to get to checkout. I tried ordering and it froze, kicked the stuff out of my cart and will not let me reload. This site gets worse every month!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Well got the coming soon screen way past noon, Keldor kept disappearing, but my order for him finally went through.

He does not even come up on the site search. The same thing happened to Optikk last month.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 15, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I was able to get in to MattyCollector with almost no issues this morning and order my She-Ra figure.  Not sure if this is new, but it looks like you get placed in a que about 15 minutes before ordering.  I had the site open about an hour beforehand, but at 10:45 it went to a new screen stating the site was busy and that it would refresh every 3 seconds.  It says not to refresh or you lose your place in the que.  So, I was patient, and sure enough I got in about 11:04.  I couldn’t remember my login, so I supplied a new one after ordering my figure.  The screen went back to the “you’re in the que” screen for a few minutes, then let me put in payment.  Processing took another minute or two, but I was all set by 11:10.  Definitely not as easy as ordering from most other sites, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be given some of the posts on here.

Now the only problem I have is that I didn’t get a confirmation email.  Checked my spam box, but nothing in there either.  I did make sure I printed out the order # and confirmation from the page as back-up though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2010, 01:58 PM »
I logged in today to order my Peter Venkman and briefly considered getting Keldor as I've been on the fence about him for a while, but ultimately I decided against it. It's getting harder and harder for me to drop 25-30$ a pop on what is essentially Skeletor with a new head and cape.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #764 on: June 15, 2010, 02:14 PM »
It's getting harder and harder for me to drop 25-30$ a pop on what is essentially Skeletor with a new head and cape.

And feet!
(Plus, for the first time ever both sides of the power sword are purple with a nifty new vile!)
C'mon be thorough