Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227251 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1035 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06 PM »
Man, I got on an hour late today and Castle Greyskullman is already sold out!!!  I wonder if they had less stock than usual?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 15, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Um can we please have a Death Star now Hasbro ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 15, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Had to order a CG, hopefully it leads to more goodies like the Talon Fighter/Point Dread, Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone and maybe some DC stuff like a Hall Of Justice or even a Ghostbusters firehouse

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 8, 2013, 12:00 PM »
TNI has a few looks at upcoming MOTU Classics stuff, including some proto pics of Grayskull.  I'm sure there will be better looks this weekend at Toy Fair, but it gives some idea:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19921

I really wanted to order one of these, and sort of wish I had, but I really need to cut back a bit and not sure I could really afford it (or at least justify it unless I gave up all other collecting).  That said, it is awesome that they are making it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1039 on: February 9, 2013, 03:32 AM »
Wow. Lookit Grayskull. The 10 month wait is gonna kill me. BTW, I think Matty opens preorders again after the TF reveal, so hey, after a $300 commitment, Grayskull can be yours too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 11, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Grayskull Revealed:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattel-toy-fair-motuc-castle-grayskull-revealed

Wow.

Can someone explain to me how this beauty gets made, but Hasbro insists they could not turn a profit on a component Death Star playset?  Amazing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 11, 2013, 11:03 PM »
I think Castle Grayskull is more on the level of the Millennium Falcon, which Hasbro already did an incredible job with. It's not the play set thing, it's that CG is the centerpiece of any MOTU collection, the same way the BMF is the crown jewel of the Star Wars line.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Anyone jumping on this Club Filmation thing?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09 PM »
I was so stressed about being able to get a Ram Man, but I just had probably the smoothest (non subscriber) ordering process I've ever had at Matty Collector.  I brought the site up at eleven, clicked order, and was done in about thirty seconds.  That was nice.  I should have probably ordered Jitsu too, but I was so concerned about getting a Ram Man order in, I didn't think about it.  Barring an influx of money for a Castle Greyskull, I think this might be my last modern He-Man order.  Aside from maybe Two Bad, I can't think of anyone else I'd really want unless I'm blanking on characters.  If they do more vehicles, that would maybe be more tempting, although I've still yet to get a Wind Raider.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Missed Ram Man (like I knew I would) but I did get Jitsu. It was a very smooth order process, probably due to the fact that shipping on a $27 action figure is now $9.90.

This line is just too expensive anymore. I'll have to pay a king's ransom for Ram Man on ebay, but I figure that and Clamp Champ will be it until Grayskull drops.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1046 on: February 15, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Totally forgot today was a sale day. Wanted to pick up a Ram-Man for a He-ro son of He-man custom.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Brian, Mantenna is coming later this year and he looks awesome.  So glad I have a sub, also it is funny(or maybe it isn't) how they just announced that Fang Man will not be put up for sale and then lo and behold, the Filmation sub is offered, gee I wonder if they are trying to use the usual scare tactics to get people to buy some subs lol? 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1048 on: February 16, 2013, 05:46 PM »
They did warn everyone that some figures would not be available day of so I don't really see it as a scare tactic. Whatever it is, i hope the line continues.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37 PM »
$82 for a Ram Man just now.  :P Oh well, them's the breaks. It was by far the cheapest one on ebay.