Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227220 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1065 on: May 11, 2013, 12:30 PM »
That's ridiculous, but it's also the only way to ensure a limited appeal figure like that sells through...or am I giving Mattel too much credit? The whole MOTUC line seems sustained by company-induced rarity and stringing along fans with promises of getting to every vintage character or at least the desired ones eventully.

I think if MOTUC were a mass release line it might have lasted 2 years.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1066 on: May 14, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Got my SOH this morning with early access. Seems like it was a fiasco for many though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 20, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Has anyone gotten their May offerings in the mail yet?

Still waiting on mine...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1068 on: May 22, 2013, 12:02 AM »
Got them last week and Hordak today.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 23, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Glad to hear about someone actually get a Spirit of Hordak lol.  I tried to log in but it told me my membership was not valid or some other tripe.  Amazing that Digital River still has such goofy problems after so many years of dealing with this line.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1070 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37 AM »
For those interested who didn't notice, the subs are open for order without reveals.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20 PM »
So Big Lots stores across the country are getting a variety of MOTUC figures right now.  The exact figures vary, but it seems most if not all are getting the Mo-Larr and Skeletor pack and Orko (with Prince Adam).  Everything is $10.  The stores around me in Western Washington are largely cleared out (except Mo-Larr in Tacoma and Kent and Megator in Tacoma).  There are also Ghostbusters 12" 2-packs of Egon and Ray that don't seem to be in as much demand for $30.

I had no luck finding an Orko anywhere, so if anybody goes hunting for these, if you find an extra Orko could you shoot me a message and we can work out a deal?  With all the stores getting cleared out, I'm sure there will be a lot of Orkos on eBay, but I don't really want to reward the folks that couldn't be nice and leave some for the next collector.

And regardless of whether anybody can help me or not, happy hunting, everyone!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 24, 2013, 03:05 PM »
I checked three different Big Lots stores in my area this week - no sign of any MOTU.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 24, 2013, 03:24 PM »
I checked three different Big Lots stores in my area this week - no sign of any MOTU.

Same here, no luck at all. :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 27, 2013, 09:01 PM »
The few 2014 figures they revealed are nice, but they have not shown the exclusive.  I will sign up for the sub around the 15th if it looks like it will go through.  Nice to see the scare tactics start already on the message boards lol.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56 AM »
No sign of MOTU @sign Big Lots in Mpls.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Nada here. Big Lots here suck for getting anything interesting, never even got the Class 1 Star Wars stuff (that wasn't that cheap anyway). Big Lots sucks for most things, other than clearance food.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 28, 2013, 03:47 PM »
Ok... so nobody else is able to find any MOTU at Big Lots... wondering if that means that this distribution isn't all that widespread?

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Looking around various collecting sites, it seems the distribution is actually quite widespread, but so are individuals clearing out entire stores.  Stores in my area that I visited or called had often been cleared out earlier that day or in the last few days by a single person.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:58 PM by Resurrection Bob »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35 AM »
Ok, thanks... I went ahead and hit the same three Big Lots stores again.  No sign yet, but they all now had Smurfs displays and also one store had 4 sets of the Ghostbusters 2-pks. 

I usually don't do this, but I went ahead and spoke with the manager at the store that had the Ghostbusters.  She said they haven't received any He-Man toys and was not sure if they would or not.  So then I showed her a pic on my phone - she laughed and said they definitely haven't received "anything like that."  Guess I'll try again in a few more days.  I'd really like to grab a couple things for my son.