Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227243 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1080 on: August 7, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Really hope the subs go through. Really want the Scorpia figure they teased to be released.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 9, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Ok, thanks... I went ahead and hit the same three Big Lots stores again.  No sign yet, but they all now had Smurfs displays and also one store had 4 sets of the Ghostbusters 2-pks. 

I usually don't do this, but I went ahead and spoke with the manager at the store that had the Ghostbusters.  She said they haven't received any He-Man toys and was not sure if they would or not.  So then I showed her a pic on my phone - she laughed and said they definitely haven't received "anything like that."  Guess I'll try again in a few more days.  I'd really like to grab a couple things for my son.

I give up.  Wasted way too many toy runs on Big Lots only to be told by another manager that they haven't gotten these in and these things are often regional.  I'm done.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 10, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Yeah, I ended up finding a few things in my area, but there was a lot of driving involved, as I don't live terribly close to my nearest Big Lots.  I've ended up doing a little trading, and I gave in and grabbed a couple things on eBay - the sheer quantity of figures that showed up at retail has pushed prices down quite a bit.  Considering the cost of gas for a toy run, it ended up looking like a good option to me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 11, 2013, 08:57 PM »
I took my kids camping over the weekend, and there happened to be a Big Lots way out in the boonies.. we stopped so we could see if they had these... low and behold, they had 5 different figures.  Got my son two of them - Grizzlor and Clawful.  He is very happy so now I can quit going to these stores trying to find them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1084 on: August 12, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Mattel just announced additional accessories with the 2014 figures. They showed a filmation powersword. Hopefully enough incentive for people to sub.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 16, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I posted something similar in the DC thread, but it looks like Mattel has announced that Two Bad has become a subscription-only figure now (no day of sale).  Likely to boost the subscription numbers.  I won't be getting the sub next year (and didn't this year), but that was one of the few left from the ones I wanted from the vintage line.  I don't mind their subcription system at all, but there was just getting to be too many figures I didn't care about or even necessarily want for me to buy in for $30 or more a month.  Looks like another close finish to see if they reach their goal numbers, but they usually make a big surge right at the end, we'll see.  The DC one seems to be in more trouble.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 20, 2013, 08:43 PM »
Sounds like Club Eternia lives at least one more year, as Matty has posted the numbers and said they reached 115% of their goal.  I can't really afford to subscribe anymore, and really only want a couple more characters, but I'm happy to see the line live on a bit longer.  Doesn't sound like DC or Ecto made the cut though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1087 on: August 22, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Since the lack of interest in 3 3/4 Star Wars figures MOTUC classics became my main line, very happy to see we get another year. Just hope we get to Scorpia this April or so since she was teased. After that I will be happy with whatever we get. Will continue to subscribe as long as the option is there but wont be as heart broken if I can finally have a Shadow Weaver and Scorpia in the line, main figures I always wanted as a kid.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 23, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Isn't there a MOTU film in the works?  If so, that's a whole new line of toys coming... I hope they go both 3.75" and 6" scale...  :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 27, 2013, 09:44 PM »
I found a couple of Orkos today at my local Big Lots for $10 a pop. That was the only figure they appeared to have...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1090 on: October 13, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Love the Flogg reveal at NYCC. Pink hilt Battleground Teela sword was shown today.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1091 on: November 3, 2013, 07:10 PM »
NA Skeletor, Flutterina, and Broom reveals this weekend. NA Skeletor looks awesome. Pumped about Broom (Lookee was also shown) and assuming the eventual MAdame Razz.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 7, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Anybody buying that She Ra subscription?  I picked one up.  The Light Hope figure is awesome. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1093 on: March 8, 2014, 02:32 PM »
I ordered one. Light Hope is awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 10, 2014, 11:02 PM »
I've been going through some Rubbermaids of stuff lately to see what I could maybe downsize, and got to thinking about this line again.  Did anyone here end up getting the Castle Grayskull? I would like to, but just can't afford it, and was just curious how it turned out in person.  Otherwise, I'm pretty complete with what I want from this line, although I have some figures still u opened from when I used to subscribe that I'd like to unload.