Author Topic: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper  (Read 64568 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Sandtroopers got a killer scoop:
http://www.sandtroopers.com/Spice/posts/dewback.jpg

Looks SWEET! WM is getting a lot of exclusives this year.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:51 AM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Dewback
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Sweeet! I hope these show up in Canada, I've been passing on the POTF2 Dewback just hoping somthing like this would come along.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:56 PM »
I already added my POTF2 one to my trade list. Sayonara!!!

Count me in for 3-4 of these!

Man, there were a lot of leaks in a 24hr period. I cannot wait to see what else is coming!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:56 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:10 PM »
We got the same image tonight as well.  I love the resculpting but I wont' retire my old one yet.  They look different but still good together I think.  This looks pretty sharp, and I'm curious how the Trooper is articulated.  No word from the individual who sent it, as to the figure's quality/details.

More at SDCC I suppose. ;)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:33 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 11:15 PM »
It looks good, but not sure I'd get one.  I don't have the room in my Sandtrooper display and the POTF2 one is just fine in there.  If I see it and it's a drastic improvement, I'll make a swap though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:37 PM »
I think the picture leaking out is very cool.  But there's really not a whole lot of detail to be seen.  I'm looking forward to seeing this next week at SDCC.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:44 PM »
From what I've seen in the image, it's got a removable saddle it seems, which alone for customizing makes it more appealing to me.  I'd like to do a "nude" one roaming free maybe around my Tuskens or something.  The Sandtrooper's stance implies either new legs spread a bit for riding the beast, or ball/socket hips, but I've seen no proof of either one way or the other either.

Paint looks crisper/brighter than the original...  I'm geeked to get this really, as I've had that lame ass POTF2 Sandtrooper hanging out with all these newer sculpts, and it just looks different/odd in the mix there. 

Someone customized a newer sculpt torso onto the POTF2 lower body, and it looked pretty sharp, but was never quite my cup of tea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Looks good but i hate that it is a walmart exclusive.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Yeah, something negative to be said about that.  The AW showed up at about every other store here...  Very odd.  Some still have AW's in stock, oddly enough.  One put them on clearance, but for full price.    ???

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 01:31 AM »
Yeah, it looks great.  Are they going to charge $30 for it?  ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38 AM »
Oooooooh.  That looks really great.  When I reassemble the collection after the move I'll need to leave some space for that...

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Looks nice.  Hopefully, Hasbro will unveil it at SDCC or present it in some more detailed pics.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 02:16 AM »
Good news on this one for sure. I like this one a lot. I still like the POTF2 version as well but that old Sandtrooper that came with it is very outdated. I actually just put my two POTF2 Dewbacks and my custom Dewback away because I couldn't stand to look at the trooper on top of them anymore. I may have to try and track down a few extras of the trooper to outfit my old Dewbacks with.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 04:00 AM »
I was trying to enhance the image to see more details, and I think for the first time ever we may very well be getting the "other" Sandtrooper gun.  It's an MG-15 with ammo drums, and the stock removed.  It was basically the gun mounted in some German airplanes in WW2...  notably, the Stuka Dive Bomber had a rear-facing one.

I've asked Hasbro on this weapon specifically in the Q&A, maybe they're gonna deliver it.  The other option I came up with is it's the Spacetrooper's blaster rifle, which is cool, being re-used in maybe a simple black deco.  It's tough to tell though.

Wookiepedia has an article on the gun I think it might be though, which I guess it got a designation from LFL finally, after all these years.

It's not easily seen in the movies which makes it kind of lame that the Wookiepedia article claims it as the "preferred weapon of Sandtroopers".  I'd say that's inaccurate.  Then again it's Wookiepedia, so whatever.

Anyway, I'm gonna go on a limb and say first that I THINK this Sandtrooper comes with a spiffy new blaster.  We'll see.  I hope he does because I really would like two of these at least, maybe more.  Three may be worth the $$$.  I just hope they're a fair price.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:35 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 04:48 AM »
I think looks more like the MG-15. Great catch Jesse. This is all the more reason to pick up multiples of the set. :)
"This is the way."