Author Topic: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper  (Read 64562 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper
« Reply #105 on: November 5, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Incredibly disappointing.  My Dewback does not have fold down legs or a gunner hatch.  And to be super nit-picky, I don't recall seeing a lot of these or Sandtroopers in "The Clone Wars." 

Oh well, still a pretty awesome set.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: November 5, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Dewbacks are on Wal-Mart.com and you can use Site-to-Store pickup if you want so you can stop pissing around looking for them (some areas I guess these are scarce, compared to others).

So far we're not seeing AT-ST's much at all yet, so I hope those show up on WM.com because I'm ordering all I want there and avoiding the hunt hastle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 5, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Dewbacks are on Wal-Mart.com and you can use Site-to-Store pickup if you want so you can stop pissing around looking for them (some areas I guess these are scarce, compared to others).

I did exactly that and ordered 2 more online earlier today.  No added cost for shipping, so you're basically just deciding which store will get the stuff you want and having them hold it for you as soon as it arrives.  I normally save my props for Target with their ultra simple system for checking inventory, but Wal-Mart's STS system is pretty slick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: November 5, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Agreed, and I'm incredibly hopeful that the AT-ST shows because I'll gladly buy all on the STS system.  WM, if they had the inventory system where you can look things up online and whatnot, would be king if they'd do that.  Well, I'd not mind seeing Lay-Away come back too.  I used it...  It didn't save you, per se, but it made a huge purchase feel more like a regular one...  Call it psychological but I'm less likelyt o buy something like a TV at WM because of them not having that anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #109 on: November 5, 2009, 10:58 PM »
Picked my dewback up yesterday, pretty nice. No At-st, not planning on picking that one up anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 6, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Very decent set. Well done over all, but I'm still putting together my thoughts on the Storm/sandtrooper. The hip joints are okay, but don't seem to be integrated ideally. A tad bulky. An improvement? Sure. Perfect? Just short, which is too bad since this is probably the rumored new SA Stormtrooper we're getting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 9, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Just short, which is too bad since this is probably the rumored new SA Stormtrooper we're getting.

It is. Hasbro confirmed this in a recent Q/A.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #112 on: November 9, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Just an fyi - I have a friend that i went to high school with that is the toy dept manager at my local Super Walmart.  According to her these are going to be in a Walmart advertisement at some point.  I don't know if that means they are going to be on sale or not, but if she is correct in what she is telling me I would think that distribution on these is going to be okay since they are going to be featured in an advertisement.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #113 on: November 9, 2009, 01:13 PM »
According to her these are going to be in a Walmart advertisement at some point. 

Yeah, that's this week...  the circular in yesterday's paper showed the Dewback with the $30 regular price.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #114 on: November 9, 2009, 01:15 PM »
For anyone who did not find this yet beware. I saw a lot of Dewbacks over the weekend, so many that I already came across some with repacked VOTC Stormtroopers in them, very hard to notice. I see this becoming a common trend for those that want to army build this Stormy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 9, 2009, 01:17 PM »
According to her these are going to be in a Walmart advertisement at some point. 

...and I don't own a Dewback - even though I wasted plenty of time, but I have the ad.  

brilliant advertising!   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
atst
« Reply #116 on: November 9, 2009, 02:17 PM »
ahh - I haven't seen the advertisement yet.  I thought she meant the AT-ST was going to be in it, but perhaps I was mistaken and she meant the Dewback.

I too haven't seen these in the wild yet, but I did order a Dewback off Walmart.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 9, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Have only seen these on pallets so far, which led to me buying a couple around midnight the other day.  The AT-ST, however is stocked plentiful at my area Wal-Marts now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 9, 2009, 04:27 PM »
added cost for shipping, so you're basically just deciding which store will get the stuff you want and having them hold it for you as soon as it arrives.  I normally save my props for Target with their ultra simple system for checking inventory, but Wal-Mart's STS system is pretty slick.

Oh, if they could only do that for new figure waves, I would use it religiously.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Got mine yesterday in the mail...I absolutely love this thing! I got two of 'em, and I'm really happy with it. It really doesn't look like the special edition version of the Dewback, but from what I understand it more closely resembles the TPM version. It's fine with me, as I really like the look of this thing. But then again, I grew up playing with dinosaur toys along with my star wars figures, so it's a huge nostalgia thing for me.

I think the sculpt is very well executed. This seems like an animal rather than a toy, with distinct muscle tone. I'm happy that there's no action feature, and the accessories are removable. I'm almost considering getting another to put with my TPM Tattooine figures.

The Sandtrooper is pretty cool too. I haven't placed him side by side with the other troops to check the height difference, but he seems great on the Dewback (which is where he'll stay). The new gun is badasssssss!

All in all, I highly recommend this beast!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram