Author Topic: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper  (Read 64551 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Dewback w/Sandtrooper
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I'll be keeping both displayed, but hopefully replacing my Trooepr on the POTF2 with a new one at some point...  I'm going to hopefully find enough of the new Dewback to have a nudeback running around a Tatooine shelf or put all pack stuff on him and have him just being led around as a pack animal.

The Sandtrooper really is a highlight to this set too, if I may say...  He's clean so he's a nice Stormtrooper, but the hip articulation really adds a lot of fun to the guys in white.  I'm hopeful this figure sees the light of day again, somehow, and hopefully in some abundance.  I'd dig him as a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper and would happily buy either one (especially since this one lacks dirty deco).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Damn, I was hoping to pass this one up. But the sculpt is marginally better, and the deco on both the trooper and the dewback is much better. The added leg articulation of the trooper is awesome. I love that the gear is removable from the dewback. Oh and the sweet sweet sniper the trooper comes with!

I'll be getting 2 for certain.

And I too hope this trooper sees the light of day again, either as more/other sandtroopers or a basic stormtrooper. That sniper rifle definitely needs to come out again. If not, I hope someone makes a good repo and sells it. I'd like a few of them.

What's this set going for? $30 is fine by me, though I hope less. more and I'll have to rethink a second purchase.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2009, 05:09 PM »
$29.99 is the rumored price, though it's not out yet so you know how that goes...  Could be less or more depending on the whim of WM.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2009, 05:11 PM »
$29.99 is the rumored price, though it's not out yet so you know how that goes...  Could be less or more depending on the whim of WM.

Ugh... that really drives home how overpriced the Grub is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Yeah...  Like I said in that thread, an extra figure would've probably sufficed for me, in the Gelagrub set.  Specifically, a new Bly with removable helmet and the proper paint applications would've been great.  I'd be all over getting that Grub set at that point.

As it stands now I'll buy one and probably will feel some shame in doing so for full price.  :-\

It's not as bad as stuff like the Lars Family Dome, or the Sarlacc Pit set.  Those  I waited for clearance.  The Grub I'll buy full price...  Same as the Ball Turret, god willing I could find one of course (much less the two I need).  ::)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Yeah...  Like I said in that thread, an extra figure would've probably sufficed for me, in the Gelagrub set.  Specifically, a new Bly with removable helmet and the proper paint applications would've been great.  I'd be all over getting that Grub set at that point.

As it stands now I'll buy one and probably will feel some shame in doing so for full price.  :-\

It's not as bad as stuff like the Lars Family Dome, or the Sarlacc Pit set.  Those  I waited for clearance.  The Grub I'll buy full price...  Same as the Ball Turret, god willing I could find one of course (much less the two I need).  ::)

Jesse if I find the Ball Turret set again, I'll pick it up for you. I've been lucky enough to find the two I wanted, so I don't need anymore of that set. We're local so we can arrange to meet to complete a deal.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2009, 12:30 AM »
This is easily one of the cooler OT pieces I've seen in a long time.

Like my pal Jesse, I was also able to secure a Dewback a little early.  And, once again like my pal Jesse, I think it's easily one of the cooler OT pieces we've seen in a while.  Every so often a toy comes along that reminds me that I might just like Star Wars more than ESB.  This is one of those toys.  The beast? Fantastic.  The Sandtrooper? Fantastic.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2009, 12:56 AM »
This is also the kind of thing that reminds me why I like the modern SW line and don't want it to go away...  I'm really thinking the AT-ST is going to be another similar shot in the arm, as far as the modern line goes, and how much I enjoy the stuff we do get right now.

Hell, just finding some new Legacy would be nice but my stores are littered with Stormtrooper Head legacy stuff. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2009, 10:27 AM »

Ugh... that really drives home how overpriced the Grub is.

Or how overpriced everything is.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I picked up two of these last night. They are pretty cool, but not as good of a deal as the giant Tri-Droid. The Dewback looks awesome, but doesn't do much. It's also difficult to get the Sandtrooper on the saddle in a way that looks natural. The trooper itself is awesome, and the new rifle is gravy. I'm really hoping there is a Saga Legends release of this new Sandtrooper next year.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2009, 02:54 PM »
I REALLY want this set, but I'm nowhere near a Wal-mart. Hmm..... :(

Thus is the way of life.  :-\
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: November 2, 2009, 01:50 AM »
These hit really fast here as well, which is not the norm.  I saw 3 at my nearby WM today, not sure what a case consists of though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #102 on: November 5, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Dewback available at WM.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 5, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Star Wars The Clone Wars AT-ST Dewback with Action Figure

Item description is a tad misleading....    :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: November 5, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Yeah, it's got pics of the Dewback mixed with product description of the AT-ST and the names of both in the product title.  Nice job, Walmart IT!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender