Author Topic: Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives...  (Read 20513 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives...
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57 PM »

I noticed the same thing at my local WM's except for the one that everything early. The DF2 sets hit one weekend and that was it. I hiope the Dewback and AT-ST will be this easy but these will prove to be more popular, that I am sure of.

Those waiting for the Dewback will be pleased. I bought one off ebay at a reasonable price. I just got it and man it's great! The cons are minor with the biggest flaw being the mouth is not articulated and the only other "con is lack of dirt on the Sandtrooper. I for one and happy he is clean because he is so cool I almost hate to just use him for the rider.

I will definitely buy 3 more when they hit. 2-4 AT-ST's. I will have to check it out in person first, 2 for sure.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2009, 08:46 PM »
As someone who doesnt collect vehicles, I tend to only pick up exclusive figures (most of them), the best exclusives are figures like the TRU Ponds, that are part of a promo, rather than an overpriced figure, say at Target, for $13.  I also love the mail-away figures, because we're charged retail for them.

The exclusives I dont like are things like the droid factory sets at WM, where they are overpriced and half the figures are repacks that no one even wants.  Same goes for their upcoming exclusive comic packs which are lackluster to say the least.  The Geonosis arena sets at Target are a good alternative, lower price, and most of the figures are ones we want!  ;)

I'd like to see some exclusives kicked, like the previously mentioned ones from WM and replaced with something better - or they shouldnt bother offering them at all.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 8, 2009, 12:24 PM »
I'd like to see these go away all together.   :P  Making things harder for people to find is not the way to support collectors.  No wonder the supposed "collector market" has declined in sales lately. 
« Last Edit: October 8, 2009, 12:25 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 8, 2009, 12:26 PM »
I'd like to see these go away all together.   :P  Making things harder for people to find is not the way to support collectors.  No wonder the supposed "collector market" has declined in sales lately. 

I would like to see the exclusive market for crap like another vehicle with a new paint job go away. Some of the stuff they wouldn't make in mass that is then an exclusive I can live with.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 8, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I've noticed lately that we're getting more and more "all new" exclusives, particularly in the vehicle/beast/battle pack area.  Sure, there are still repacks and repaints, but we're starting to see things like the AT-ST, Rancor, Dewback, etc. as exclusives - and I think if they are successful we'll see that continue next year (I think the Taun Taun has already been mentioned as an exclusive).  The repaint stuff seems to largely continue for the big CW focus, but if we're going to get anything new/redone (larger scale) from the Original Trilogy, it looks fairly likely to be coming in exclusive form for the time being.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: October 8, 2009, 12:46 PM »

With all of the talks about Hasbro toning the line down for the time being exclusives may be the only way to get some of the many wants we still have as well as some real OT goodness. I changed my tune towards them after the recent Q&A's. While they are a real pain to get I have to say that this years exclusives were very well done overall. The only one left on my list is the AT-ST and more Dewbacks, I already have one of those and it's great!

Here are my impressions of what I bought (sans the AT-ST):

TRU
I picked up the Crumb Bomber & Tie Interceptor (it's freaking perfect!) yesterday. The Tie price blows but when you see how much detail has been added and I think many will be quite happy with it, outside of cockpit lighting not sure how this can get any better detail wise. The Gunship price really blows but once again they really added some nice new details. The new flip out cannons shoot 4 missiles each, that's a total of 5 missiles per canon! The coloring is nice and looks like it's straight out of the movie. It would have been great to see them ditch the Speeder /Bike holder for medical beds as seen in the CN episode.

Target
Wedge/X-Wing - Long overdue and well done. Compared to other exclusives the price is very reasonable at $44.99
Geo Packs - While there is a lot of rehashing I was very happy with these (Outside of BD's eye sockets)

WM
DF2 - This is the 60/40 miss. Half of the content of the sets were nice (BL-17, The other Protocol Droid, Corran, Whistler, Grievous cape, DT and an honorable mention the R2 unit that came with Grievous) the rest (Anakin, Maul, Boba, Grievous Figure, Cortis SBD) sucked.
Evo Pack - Really awesome overall and even more awesome at $17 a pop like many, including myself, paid.
Octapurra Droid - A real homerun and sleeper hit.
Dewback - amazing, the Sandtrooper is perfection. We really should haunt Hasbro for a SC release.
The AT-ST looks superb I really cannot wait to get this!

So all in all I appreciate the exclusives a lot more. Hasbro is cutting the number of them back too so keep that in mind. For the time being I think the importance of exclusives has been elevated. This is the only way, from what it sounds, that we will get Jabba/Dias and the Taun Taun. I plan to support the dewback heavily, I really want new ones.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 8, 2009, 01:12 PM »
A random question, however, have the new AT-ST and Dewback been spotted at retail in US Wal Marts yet?  I've not seen them in my area and ebay seems to be devoid of them for the moment as well.  The TRU exclusives have been out in my area for well over a week now.  Just thought I'd ask ;) 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #67 on: October 8, 2009, 01:36 PM »
A random question, however, have the new AT-ST and Dewback been spotted at retail in US Wal Marts yet?  I've not seen them in my area and ebay seems to be devoid of them for the moment as well.  The TRU exclusives have been out in my area for well over a week now.  Just thought I'd ask ;) 

Neither have yet. I got my Dewback of ebay for $52 shipped from the Philippines. The AT-ST is supposed to be released this month and the Dewback in November.