Author Topic: Generic Female Stormtroopers? Anti-EU Fans Have New Figure to Hate!  (Read 19125 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
It's not really confirmed one way or the other, to me, as I noted...  I've never really noticed the seller list things as "custom" all the time though, as you claim CHEWIE.  NOt to say he hasn't, but I know I certainly haven't seen that, especially lately.  Just this one figure's listing.

Right now, there's just as many factors to say it's just extra parts put together as there are to say otherwise...  I think if there were a rumor swirling to the contrary, I'd be less skeptical.

Personally I'm running with it just as a questionable item right now till it's confirmed.  It's one of those things too easily faked not to, I believe.  It's basically not the Dewback. ;)  I'm thinking it's odd the hood isn't decorated to match the body glove, that works against it, but I haven't seen anything confirming it either way so for now I think the readers should take it with a grain of salt.  Just one of those things that'll either surprise people as true if it turns up at SDCC, or not (and then I don't think most people will really care, as I didn't hear anyone clamoring for these).  For now it's a simple "perhaps" though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'm gonna one up you Jesse... I'm going straight for fake. I'm going to cite the similar situation I mentioned earlier. I'll gladly eat my words if it is proven legit at SDCC next week.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
It's very possible.  I'm leaning your direction on it Greg, but part of me would kinda dig buying a handful of them, so part of me is HOPING it's legit.  I'll live without it if not though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
part of me would kinda dig buying a handful of them, so part of me is HOPING it's legit. 

Is this for your "72 virgins for Emperor Palpatine" diorama?

I can't wait 'til it's finished!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I've never really noticed the seller list things as "custom" all the time though, as you claim CHEWIE. 

That's not what I said at all... here's my statement:

This seller has a history of entering the word "custom" into the descriptions of his new auctions

So, I didn't mean to come across as he does it "all the time" - just that this isn't the first time he's done this. 

NOt to say he hasn't, but I know I certainly haven't seen that, especially lately.  Just this one figure's listing.

He has that I can recall.  Remember when he first posted this auction -

The description had the word "custom" at the end of the listing when he originally listed it.  Later he changed it.  I'm not sure why he's done that before, but he's done it at least 2-3 times over the past few months that I've seen.

Anyways, not trying to argue - I just think there's reason on both sides of the debate on whether this is legit, and I'm simply giving my reasons for thinking there's a good chance this is an actual figure Hasbro plans on releasing.   

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
I'm not sure why he's done that before, but he's done it at least 2-3 times over the past few months that I've seen.

I have seen a few times where prototype/early seller guys will put "custom" in the title as sort of a defense mechanism for selling early stuff - "Oh no, it's not a figure that walked out of the factory early, it's a 'custom'".  But then it turns out to be the real deal...  not sure why they do it either, but based on this seller's history, it would not surprise me if we found out this was a legit deal after all.   :-X

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Well I hope these are real. I'd be all over those female stormtroopers! I'd like a squad of them. Though thankfully I do already have 3 Jes Gistang figures. So if this is fake, I'll make do with those three.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I'd be fine with Hasbro offering it in some capacity.  They already spent the money on tooling the body for what was a probably fairly low production run exclusive.  I haven't read all of the Legacy comics but I can't recall seeing other female Stormtroopers, but that doesn't mean there weren't.  Not sure where they'd put this figure (comicpack, basic card, battlepack), but I'd probably buy it if I saw it.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jes Gistang was the FIRST female Stormtrooper. But who's to say more didn't follow? We can make-believe. Hell we do that with all this other stuff anyway, LOL.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
I'll be fine with her if she is real, she's an Imperial after all.  ;) I think the idea is pretty interesting.

Now where's the female rebel fleet trooper?  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:54 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why he's done that before, but he's done it at least 2-3 times over the past few months that I've seen.

I have seen a few times where prototype/early seller guys will put "custom" in the title as sort of a defense mechanism for selling early stuff - "Oh no, it's not a figure that walked out of the factory early, it's a 'custom'".  But then it turns out to be the real deal...  not sure why they do it either, but based on this seller's history, it would not surprise me if we found out this was a legit deal after all.   :-X

Probably the best theory I've seen on this.  Though really if this is the real deal, why they wouldn't paint the head wrap black is odd to me. 

Female Fleet Trooper?  I say bring it on Anton.  That would be awesome... seen some great custom ones in the past, I think it would make for a fun figure.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
I think this is a legit figure.

It's from the new scenes that Lucas is adding to A New Hope for the Blu-Ray release.

When Luke and Leia are trying to escape the Death Star - in that scene where they're trying to get across the chasm, the ghost of Padme is going to appear disguised as a Stormtrooper and help Leia shoot the Stormtroopers on the next level up. After the Stormtroopers are dispatched, Luke and Leia are going to be digitally altered to say "Thanks Mom!" and then swing across the chasm. Unfortunately, Leia's line of "Good Luck" has been removed.

Later on Padme reappears in the same disguise and meets up with Obi-Wan who is about to disable the tractor beam. They exchange pleasantries and then Padme gives Obi-Wan a kick in the balls for stowing away on her ship when she went to Mustafar.

::)

I can't wait to add Ghost Padme in Stormtrooper Disguise to my collection!!!!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Don't give Lucas any ideas!!   >:(   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Hopefully it'll have an action feature.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile

Hopefully it'll have an action feature.

...then Padme gives Obi-Wan a kick in the balls for stowing away on her ship when she went to Mustafar.

That action would give quite a stir.